Official MLB The Show 18 Thread | Available Now

some Dudes on DD gotta be cheating. Just lost to a dude who was hitting homers on pitches INCHES above the dirt. Im heated.
mean.gif
I absolutely hate that.

Use Zone hitting and strike zone !

You'd be surprised by how many balls you can connect with

I do use that :lol: I don't have any issues scoring runs. it's just frustrating when all I can do is foul off pitches in the dirt and the other guy is blasting no doubters.

Make sure you practice with it before you head online to get a feel with it.

There's still times where I drop my PCI when it's a damn fastball right down middle lol

I also use the Retical with mines instead of the Wedge

Hitting streak ended at 70 games. Ah well. Focused on the home run derby and hopefully getting traded.

bruh i cant close out games to save my life ! 

i cant get to 800 rating even going back to last season, highest i got this season so far was 724 last season was around 760

what some closers/BP guys you find success with? (im not talking diamonds here i cant afford them atm)

i have devenski, Uehara, Iglesias, Reed, Osuna, Liberatore my lefty, Nate Jones. Went off top of my head here i think im missing one. 

Yu Darvish 6-0 0.29 ERA for me dude is a BEAST

i cant get to 800 rating even going back to last season, highest i got this season so far was 724 last season was around 760

what some closers/BP guys you find success with? (im not talking diamonds here i cant afford them atm)

i have devenski, Uehara, Iglesias, Reed, Osuna, Liberatore my lefty, Nate Jones. Went off top of my head here i think im missing one. 

Diekman, Benoit, and rookie Billy Wagner are all solid budget options

good looks fam i already got Benoit since i locked all the Phillies in perfect. Never thought once to give him a try 

will buy the other 2 tonight. I will report back at some point 

only thing thats killing me is blowing leads late in the game smh. 

I like to think its the players im using but hey maybe its just me and i fold under pressure LOL but good looks 

Trying to grind out this Astros epic and good lord rookie Springer is struggling to get these 10 hits. My dude batting a cool .125 right now I can't do anything with him but line out :x

good looks fam i already got Benoit since i locked all the Phillies in perfect. Never thought once to give him a try 

will buy the other 2 tonight. I will report back at some point 

only thing thats killing me is blowing leads late in the game smh. 

I like to think its the players im using but hey maybe its just me and i fold under pressure LOL but good looks 
Benoit is nice because he has 5 pitches. If you can afford Familia I would look into him too he has a nasty sinker. Also not sure how many twins you have but their collection is pretty cheap and the epic gives you a 91 Glen Perkins. 

A good middle relief/set up guy is Mike Morin. Only a 79, but his changeup is ridiculous. Can also throw 93-96 with his fastball. Can go a couple innings too if you really needed it.

I'm in a rut as well, currently on a 5 game losing streak in DD. I feel like this game already has predetermined outcomes before games even start. Outfielders dropping balls when they're camped underneath for a couple secs, weak grounders squeaking just by 5 & 6, line drives going right at outfielders. I feel like I can't catch a break :lol:

ready to give up man but today is the last day

depending how i start my night off with this first game later well see if i keep playing lol 

i was at 782 last night needed one more win for that 800+ and i ******* choke it away 
indifferent.gif
 losing 2 games straight to set me back to 724 smh 

View media item 2463604
I did it finally lol. Lost my 1st game today which dropped me down to 704 and it was CC who beat me. I got revenge this time and whopped him in the 1st vs a different guy.

Went on a 4 game win streak to make it to 800..

What's everyone's rating ? anyone make it to WS this season

Sorry for phone pic didn't feel like posting it on twitter

Last edited:
They need to make the strike calls perfect in online games just like they make calls on the base paths perfect. **** is ridiculous. :lol:

View media item 2469284
How's everyone's team looking ? Im gonna be selling off that Goldschmidt soon since I already had Diamond Freeman who rakes for me. Just playing around alil with him for now.

Wanna upgrade my SS but I'm gonna focus on pitching once I make some sales

My RF switches constantly depending on IEs

Last edited:
This is my team right now currently doing the brewers epic for the AS Lucroy 

nice squad im slacking i need to start grinding some epics myself.

just hate playing the CPU i get bored very fast 

that kershaw tho very nice ! i need to work on my pitching. thinking of selling that goldy i got and grab my favorite Cole Hamels 08 Phillies card

Here's my squad so far! Working on finishing some epics so will have BJ Upton, Mike Schmidt and Tony Gwynn soon. Got the Billy Wagner the other day for finishing Astros epic he is filthy!!

View media item 2470407

damn we got some nice squads in here that's whats up 

anyone ever wants a friendly game i'm always down to play one 

Finally finished my Diamond Starter Mission by getting 100 strikeouts with Veteran Legend Jack Morris. I got a 93 rated Tom Seaver out of it.

This is my squad currently when I use the Generate Lineup/Rotation option:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom