Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

The Ed Herman Fight, Tyson Griffin Fight, and MacDonald fight were ALL great. The Franklin/Okami fight didn't get good till the 3rd round when Okami had a deep kimura on franklin.

Glad I didn't spend $40 on this PPV. Now 73 is going to a completely different story :wow:
eek.gif
ADAM MARQUEZ IS A HYPEBEAST​

That was such a terrible show. Guida/Griffin was fun and that was about it. TUF 5 finale is gonna be serious. I would pay $40 to watch Diaz/Manvil, Jens/BJ. Glad the Hooters was showing it live because I spent my $40+ on beer and food. Not too mention hoochies walking around with their boobs and butts hanging out. UFC 73 is gonna be GREAT.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

i saw it last night. i thought it was a pretty good show.
Griffin/Guida was no doubt the fight of the night. Guida was hopping around the whole time. dude never seemed to get tired and Griffin was so quick and had awesome balance. Franklin/Okami was only good the 2 minutes or so of the fight.

-J-

I'm at peace with my lust​
I can kill 'cause in God I trust, yeah​
It's evolution, baby​

Ultimate Fighter Final- The Pearl, Nevada: Lightweights
Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp BJ Penn vs Jens Pulver
07:00 PM
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 103 BJ Penn &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -323
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 104 Jens Pulver &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +293

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Manny Gamburyan vs Nathan Diaz
07:00 PM
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 201 Manny Gamburyan &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -111
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 202 Nathan Diaz &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +101

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Roger Huerta vs Doug Evans
06:20 PM
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 203 Roger Huerta &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -651
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 204 Doug Evans &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +591

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Floyd Sword vs Thales Leites
06:05 PM
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 205 Floyd Sword &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +437
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 206 Thales Leites &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -477

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Rob Emerson vs Gray Maynard
03:30 PM
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 207 Rob Emerson &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +341
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 208 Gray Maynard &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -371

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Allen Berube vs Leonard Garcia
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 209 Allen Berube &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +591
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 210 Leonard Garcia &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -651

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Brian Geraghty vs Matt Wiman
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 211 Brian Geraghty &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +321
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 212 Matt Wiman &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -351

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Brandon Melendez vs Joe Lauzon
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 213 Brandon Melendez &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +426
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 214 Joe Lauzon &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -466

Sat 6/23 &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp Andy Wang vs Cole Miller
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 215 Andy Wang &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp +407
&nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp 216 Cole Miller &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp &nbsp -447

I think Gamburyan will take the fight. I love his style.

I'm REALLY pulling for BJ. I can't stand Jens.

And I'm interested in seeing Roger Huerta. This is supposed to be a cake fight for him, and the UFC supposedly has big things planned for him.
Everyone Has A Price​

Tonight should be a great night of fights

BJ Penn vs Jens Pulver

As much as I love Pulver for being a pioneer...truth is he doesn't really stand a chance in this fight, even though that's what everybody said the last time around and he proved everybody wrong. I see this fighting ending in the 2nd right...Penn by TKO/KO

Manny Gamburyan vs Nate Diaz

These two along with Lauzon were arguably the best coming into the house and each has a great future in the UFC. Nate Diaz is a very marketable character and so is Gamburyan. This match seems very even to me. Gamburyan has heavy hands but gives up a lot of height and reach to Diaz. Diaz has a sick submission game but Gamburyan's ground skills are great as well. Look for a lot of action and probably goes to decision. I'll give this one to Gamburyan...even though I believe the odds are against him.

Roger Huerta vs Doug Evans

Roger Huerta has had a wild ride lately...from his victory over Garcia to being on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Obviously the UFC is trying to ride out his SI cover by giving him this fight. Expect an early knockout from Huerta.

Floyd Sword vs Thales Leites

I haven't seen much of Sword but I dont know Leites is a monster. I expect Leites to win by sub..

Brandon Melendez vs Joe Lauzon

Joe Lauzon is one of those up and coming fighters who still has a lot to prove, even with a knock out over Jens. I think Lauzon will end this fight quickly with either a KO or a sub.

I got Pulver winning Diaz Winning and Lauzon winning. All around the TUF 5 has been the best along with the 1st one.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
Reppin The Bay 650​

Huerta had his hands full there... not sure why Evans didn't fight to get out of there more, he showed a lot of strength prior to that point, but the ref was warning him he had to defend himself and he wasn't moving at all. Too bad, could've been a really interesting fight if they had gone the distance.

Roger Huerta was in real danger that first round...really underestimed Doug Evans strength. But Huerta pulled it out in the 2nd round. Anybody else think Roger Huerta can become like a variant de la Hoya in terms of marketing?

Thales Leites wins by a very impressive arm triangle.

^ Yes, he's one of the best looking UFC fighters I've ever seen, as far as this straight man is concerned. So he's marketable as you can get, and he's got some talent too.

Thales put on a clinic. That was a great choke.

holy @#%$! that was awesome... He slammed dude into the ground and knocked himself out... he still got the win though b/c he totally f'd the other dude up with it.

That was one of the coolest things i've seen in awhile.

Whoa - they called a no decision... i don't know if i agree with that, dude tapped out before anyone realized he was hurt too.

Now he's arguing with Rogan hahaha... him and Joe about to go at it.

Look at Matt Hughes vs Carlos Newton....Hughes passed and powerbombed Newton but was still awarded the win. I think Maynard should have gotten the W

afhfkhladgha;sgnagaf WOW....@#%$....diaz got soooo freakin lucky....Gamburyan was punishing the dude the whole time...there goes my money!
CHECK THIS!

Back
Top Bottom