Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Ive always liked KID Yamamoto's style...nice addition. I hope to see him do well...he should maybe come back to the States and train at AKA or something.
pimp.gif

I would love to see KID x Faber...I remember when Faber called him out wanting to fight him awhile back.

Cant wait for that Kawa v Thompson fight. gonna be a good one. I got Kawajiri by tko tho, imo hes better all around than josh.

KID would be a great addition even tho hes out of his prime and had them injurys. Still like to see him fight. He could make a comback tho.. witht he right matchups. dude needs to stay active.

I think Diaz would handle Daley, easy sub.

I just watched the UFC 124 press conference and GSP n Kos really don't like each other. GSP is talking like I never heard him speak about an opponent before, there is real venom, and vitriol aimed at Kos.

But then there is a side of me that wants to see Kos will so bad but I don't know why I feel like that exactly cause I do like GSP a lot.

Saturday is going to be fun

Japanese featherweight star Michihiro Omigawa has signed with the UFC and will debut against Chad Mendes in either February or March, Versus.com has learned from sources.

Omigawa, 12-8-1, has won his last five fights in a row and is 8-2-1 since dropping down to featherweight.

The 34-year-old Japanese fighter is universally considered one of the 10 best featherweights in the world. He has defeated the likes of Hatsu Hioki, Cole Escovedo, Marlon Sandro and Nam Phan.

It has been rumored for several months that he was in contract negotiations with Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC.

Mendes, 9-0, most recently defeated Javier Vazquez at WEC 52 via unanimous decision. The Team Alpha Male member debuted in WEC in March and has won his first four fights in WEC. This will mark his first fight in the UFC.

It is still unknown whether the fight will take place at UFC 126 in February or 128 in March.

They just picked up Omigawa
pimp.gif

dude is a beast at FW.  Chad Mendez gonna be a really tough 1st fight but ill be pullin for Michi.

George seems so focused on finishing Kos early. No "mathematical problem" talk, he wants to shut up everyone who says he is a lay and pray fighter. I predict GSP stops Kos inside 3 rounds. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Josh won't be able to keep up with the "riddim"

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Japanese featherweight star Michihiro Omigawa has signed with the UFC and will debut against Chad Mendes in either February or March, Versus.com has learned from sources.

Omigawa, 12-8-1, has won his last five fights in a row and is 8-2-1 since dropping down to featherweight.

The 34-year-old Japanese fighter is universally considered one of the 10 best featherweights in the world. He has defeated the likes of Hatsu Hioki, Cole Escovedo, Marlon Sandro and Nam Phan.

It has been rumored for several months that he was in contract negotiations with Zuffa, the parent company of the UFC.

Mendes, 9-0, most recently defeated Javier Vazquez at WEC 52 via unanimous decision. The Team Alpha Male member debuted in WEC in March and has won his first four fights in WEC. This will mark his first fight in the UFC.

It is still unknown whether the fight will take place at UFC 126 in February or 128 in March.
They just picked up Omigawa
pimp.gif

dude is a beast at FW.  Chad Mendez gonna be a really tough 1st fight but ill be pullin for Michi.
pimp.gif

Mendes is gonna be a TOUGH first fight for him. At least he's been in the UFC before. Sucks that they can't/won't go after Sandro.

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Originally Posted by doyung9

My homie Kos is gonna do just like Cain.... hopefully

This is like the opposite of that situation.
Not even that really, GSP has the size advantage, skill advantage, and is better conditioned. Cain had at least had two of the 3. Unless Kos lands a overhand right early, GSP is just going to riddim rape him.

it's official now.  yamamoto has signed with the ufc.  first potential opponent is demetrious johnson.
bantamweight is stacked.  a lot of possible crazy fights in the future.

So stoked on Kid/Omigawa signings...hoping for Hatsu, Crusher, Aoki, Sandro, and Bibiano.

I think out of all of those Bibiano has the best chance of being the next to make the move. He's been talking about how unhappy he is with Dream. The only guy from Dream that should be hard to sign is Aoki because he actually gets paid.

Originally Posted by NORCALHUSSLA

Originally Posted by doyung9

My homie Kos is gonna do just like Cain.... hopefully
werd.  hoping for him to KTFO GSP
devil.gif

expecting another boring wrestling fight from gsp 
I've been running all the possible scenarios from this fight in my mind... I just have no idea what's gonna happen.

On one hand, if GSP could control the fight on the ground and just ground and pound like he's done his last few fights, he's a difficult guy on the ground and could cause problems for even an accomplished wrestler like Kos.

But you can't talk all this "I want to finish fights" and "I want to be the best of the best of the best" and keep winning decision fights that are boring to some fans (key word some).

And I'll be honest... I think Koscheck might hold a slight advantage standing.

Koscheck has more knockout power but I think people forget how good of a stand up fighter GSP is. He's one of the top strikers in the UFC easily. What he lacks in power he is very accurate and creative.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Koscheck has more knockout power but I think people forget how good of a stand up fighter GSP is. He's one of the top strikers in the UFC easily. What he lacks in power he is very accurate and creative.
Whhhhoooooaaaa. Slow down there dude. I like GSP as much as the next person but lets not go overboard. He is a very good striker but not at BJ, Anderson, or Shogun's  

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

Whhhhoooooaaaa. Slow down there dude. I like GSP as much as the next person but lets not go overboard. He is a very good striker but not at BJ, Anderson, or Shogun's  
I said ONE OF. I didn't say the best. Yes BJ, Andy, and Shogun are better, but try listing me more guys who's striking is on par with GSP in an MMA match. He completely tooled Alves standing. Keyword here is MMA. Just watch some old GSP fights and look at how crisp his stand up is.

Wait. 
laugh.gif
at GSP being one of the top strikers in the UFC, easily.

Break it down in tiers if you would so I can try to grasp what you're attempting to claim.

Co-sign.

People are underrating his stand up game. He tooled BJ standing up also

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Wait. 
laugh.gif
at GSP being one of the top strikers in the UFC, easily.

Break it down in tiers if you would so I can try to grasp what you're attempting to claim.
I really don't feel like breaking it down in tiers because after Andy you can make your own opinion because of different styles. Andy really is the only one to proficiently combine almost all striking forms in MMA (hell look at Dancing Andy and his capoeira
laugh.gif
). Just watch his older fights. Hell watch his fight with Alves and Fitch. People forget how dangerous GSP is standing. He makes every punch and kick count. You don't train with Phil Nurse and Freddie Roach being as intelligent as GSP is and become a decent striker.

^ Agreed. IMO GSP's standup is elite...highly technical, and creative when necessary. People seem to forget the Fitch fight, Hughes II, Jay Hieron. I wouldn't be surprised if Freddie Roach predicts this thing exactly - GSP steps inside of a looping overhand, cracks Kos with a left hook combo, and finishes him on the ground.

Back
Top Bottom