Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

I called it
glasses.gif

Made the most sense

Dana wants Tito out of the UFC

Their last fight was a draw

Tito coming off an amazing performance

Tito trying to prove his streak of losses was due to injury

Rashad need a tune up fight after a long time away from the octagon

Rashad better win, or this could possibly turn into the worst situation of his career (even more so than being KO'd by machida)

[h1]
[h1]Angry Dana White fumes at greedy Machida [/h1]
ESPN staff
July 14, 2011
23813.2.jpg

Lyoto Machida could be facing an uncertain future after UFC president Dana White revealed the Brazilian initially agreed to fight Rashad Evans, only to then go back on his word after demanding more money.

White was facing the prospect of losing his main event for the second time in three events, after Phil Davis had to pull out of UFC 133 with a knee injury. The withdrawal comes within a month of UFC Live, which saw Nate Marquardt pulled from the card against Rick Story.

Tito Ortiz has helped rescue the August 6 event in Philadelphia, but only after Machida broke his previously-clean relationship with White. According to the president, Machida accepted the fight, only to then demand the same money as Anderson Silva.

"Machida accepted the fight," White told MMAjunkie. "We knew for a couple days this was going down, and Machida accepted the fight.

"Then when we called back and said, 'OK, we're going to make this fight,' Machida's people came back and said, 'We'll tell you what. You pay us what you pay Anderson Silva, and we'll take the fight.' This was after they had already agreed to take the fight.

"I said, 'Are you f***ing kidding me? I'll tell you what. You tell Machida he achieves what f***ing Anderson Silva has achieved, then maybe he'll make Anderson Silva money. Have a nice day.'"

Elaborating on Ortiz's U-turn, which saw the former champion reject the fight before later accepting, White was full of praise for a man he has had countless fallouts with over the years.

"Tito turned it down, and then Tito called back and said, 'Did you get the fight yet?'. I said, 'Nope.' He goes, 'Let me think about it. Let me talk to my team, and I'll call you back tomorrow.' This was Tuesday night."

Asked if Ortiz could earn a title shot with victory, White replied: "F***ing right, he gets a break. Tito stepped up to the plate. It's f***ing weird here. It's like I'm dealing with a new person. I like it. I like the new Tito.

"The storyline is what's so interesting. Tito went from 'You're about to be cut,' to now, if he beats Rashad Evans, he's back in the mix. He's back in the picture."

I wonder how much less money he gets paid than Anderson for him to demand a raise in order to fight Rashad.
[/h1]

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

mos definitely a lot.

Im not really mad at Machida. short notice to fight Rashad is asking alot.
I wonder if it was maybe more than the money?  In the interview with Machida's wife, she mentioned that they wouldn't guarantee a title shot if Machida beat Rashad.  I don't know why they wouldn't guarantee a shot to entice Machida to take a short notice fight to save their butt.  I mean... the only people he has lost to are the former champ (Shogun), and the current #1 contender (Rampage).  If he beat Rashad (former #1 contender before he decided to take the Davis fight), wouldn't that put him back at the top of the list after Rampage gets his shot?

^ tough line. not seeing a ton of value on either side. i threw a couple pennies on tito, just cause its tito, but i dont think it was a very smart value pick.

Rashad has been training to fight a solid wrestler, so I think he is going to be well prepared for Tito's TD attempts. Rashads head movement and standup is leaps and bounds better than Bader's, so its going to be very difficult for Tito to catch lightning in the bottle twice and drop Rashad with a clean punch. Hopefully Tito will be able to grind Rashad down and get a late GnP stoppage in the 3rd. Atleast thats how its playing out in my dreams.

Originally Posted by jayt206

Cannot wait for UFC 137, I think Penn will easily take Condit.

All these injuries are really frustrating but with a violent sport its only inevitable. While I have started to follow UFC more closely only the last few years, I don't remember this many cards being altered due to injury in such a short amount of time.
Really?  I'm picking Condit.  I think Condit wins and faces the GSP/Diaz winner.  I think Condit could give GSP a serious run if they face each other.
As for the injuries.  I think a lot of guys are training harder than ever in their camps.  Plus, with the guaranteed insurance now, they don't have to fight at less than 100% just to get paid.  They'll still get paid while injured, and then come back healthy and as long as they are a semi-big name, they won't lose their spot in the line of contenders.

Originally Posted by chino905

[h1]
[h1]I wonder how much less money he gets paid than Anderson for him to demand a raise in order to fight Rashad.[/h1]
[/h1]

I'm sure Anderson has other incentives in his contract, but this was interesting to see:

The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.[sup][14][/sup]
  • Anderson Silva: $200,000 (includes no win bonus) def. Vitor Belfort: $275,000 (UFC 126)

The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the California State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC.[sup][9][/sup]
  • Lyoto Machida: ($200,000, no win bonus) def. Mauricio Rua: ($155,000) (UFC 104)

Some UFC news.  It's in reverse order, so start from the bottom.

lawradio Live Audio Wrestling 

Lesnar is currently farming in Canada - no phone contact, Dana described his recovery as 'incredible'

35 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Dana White confirms that Chris Leben and Chael Sonnen contacted Dana to get the fight with Evans and were denied

37 minutes ago 

Davis knee injury only requires rehab, no surgery

46 minutes ago 

Vladimir Matyushenko was the back-up plan if Ortiz couldn't fight Evans on Aug 6

1 hour ago 

A win would 'definitely put Tito in the mix' (for a tite shot) 'maybe not #1 but definitely top three' - Dana

1 hour ago 

'Tito didn't get any more money' (for stepping up to fight Rashad Evans) - Dana

1 hour ago 

Tito Ortiz accepted the fight on Wednesday morning

1 hour ago 

Davis could not do any kickboxing training for the past 2.5 wks

1 hour ago 

Lyoto Machida had been 'terrorizing' Dana for a fight

1 hour ago 

Dana White found out last week Phil Davis' knee was hurt and had MRI on Monday

So does the winner of Rashad/Tito get the winner of Bones/Rampage? And Machida gets to face the winner of Griffin/Shogun?

I think that's how it looks right now.

Originally Posted by University of Nike

So does the winner of Rashad/Tito get the winner of Bones/Rampage? And Machida gets to face the winner of Griffin/Shogun?

I think that's how it looks right now.
I think it all depends on how Tito wins if he gets a shot at the title. If it's in exciting fashion I can see the UFC trying to push him vs. Bones. Evans gets it if he wins. Forrest could be in line too if he beats Shogun and if Tito wins. Machida's team could've !#%#$% themselves with the demands. One fight I would love to see is Bones/Hendo.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

All these injuries are really frustrating but with a violent sport its only inevitable. While I have started to follow UFC more closely only the last few years, I don't remember this many cards being altered due to injury in such a short amount of time.
Really?  I'm picking Condit.  I think Condit wins and faces the GSP/Diaz winner.  I think Condit could give GSP a serious run if they face each other.
As for the injuries.  I think a lot of guys are training harder than ever in their camps.  Plus, with the guaranteed insurance now, they don't have to fight at less than 100% just to get paid.  They'll still get paid while injured, and then come back healthy and as long as they are a semi-big name, they won't lose their spot in the line of contenders.

Even though GSP is not a fulltime Greg Jackson guy, would his association with that camp prevent the two of them from fighting if god forbid, Condit could pull of a W over BJ?

If they did fight, what could Condit do to prevent GSP from doing his normal takedown, top control, 5 round UD strategy? 

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Even though GSP is not a fulltime Greg Jackson guy, would his association with that camp prevent the two of them from fighting if god forbid, Condit could pull of a W over BJ?

If they did fight, what could Condit do to prevent GSP from doing his normal takedown, top control, 5 round UD strategy? 
Condit has said he would fight GSP. GSP was the one telling Nate to go to 170 so I doubt he would mind fighting Condit.

Won't matter when Nick gets that belt though.
pimp.gif

That was not a smart move for Machida to accept, then demand for money.
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 @ Chael and Leban wanting the fight. I think I'd rather see either of them fight Rashad instead of Tito.

RIP Tito's "comeback". This is one of the few guys he shouldn't be fighting a long with Rampage and of course the champ.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by quik1987

Frankie Edgar
Total 15
Wins 13
By knockout 2
By submission 3
By decision 8
Losses 1
By decision 1
Draws 1

Jose Aldo
Total 20
Wins 19
By knockout 12
By submission 2
By decision 5
Losses 1
By submission 1

though
Did you miss everything I said.....though. 
Frankie is a natural 145. Fighting at 155 when the UFC didn't have a 145 class. 

When you fight guys heavier than you, your power is not going to be as effective. 

Originally Posted by chino905

[h1]
[h1]I wonder how much less money he gets paid than Anderson for him to demand a raise in order to fight Rashad.[/h1]
[/h1]

I'm sure Anderson has other incentives in his contract, but this was interesting to see:

The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC and also do not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.[sup][14][/sup]
  • Anderson Silva: $200,000 (includes no win bonus) def. Vitor Belfort: $275,000 (UFC 126)

The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the California State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money or "locker room" bonuses often given by the UFC.[sup][9][/sup]
  • Lyoto Machida: ($200,000, no win bonus) def. Mauricio Rua: ($155,000) (UFC 104)
Dave Meltzer said Silva is making over $1,000,000 a fight including PPV buyrate %.

Originally Posted by Adolf

That was not a smart move for Machida to accept, then demand for money.
30t6p3b.gif

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
 @ Chael and Leban wanting the fight. I think I'd rather see either of them fight Rashad instead of Tito.

RIP Tito's "comeback". This is one of the few guys he shouldn't be fighting a long with Rampage and of course the champ.
30t6p3b.gif
This is what I think of your comment 
happy.gif
 (and yes... i know i have a crappy monitor/desk, but I'm at work and I dont get to pick what type of computer gets assigned to me)

If Tito is indeed 100% and trains hard the next few weeks he could give Rashad a tough fight. I am definitely pullin for the upset on this one.

Back
Top Bottom