Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Joined Nov 24, 2009
^
It's do or die for Kenny.  If he loses a 3rd title shot, there's nowhere left for him to go.  He could try getting Cris Cyborg's belt but she might beat him too.  

bastitch

Staff member
Joined Jan 10, 2000
They're Diego-ing Kenny here, and it's really too bad.

They're throwing him into what could be his last "big money" fight without much buildup within the division so if he loses he has zero interesting match ups afterwards.

If he wins, it would be a huge win, but somewhat tarnished just a smidge by the fact that this guy came down in weight to do it.

Either way, Aldo, 3rd Round, Combo Breaker.

Joined Sep 29, 2002
Hopefully injuries doesn't mess things up. I'm guessing the UFC is stacking the cards so they can have some back up plans in case of injuries and what not.

Joined Jul 16, 2002
Damn, another change for UFC 133. Dana is looking for a replacement for Little Nog. He pulled out of his fight vs. Rich Franklin.

bastitch

Staff member
Joined Jan 10, 2000
Originally Posted by quiickz

King Mo calling for the spot against Rich.
I saw that.

That's probably the least entertaining match up I've seen suggested, too. If it's a Strikforce guy, go with Mousasi. My favorite suggestion so far is Brandon Vera, who has recently been announced to be coming back at 137 vs. Eliot Marshall, but this is extra short notice, so I doubt that.

club 27

Banned
Joined May 31, 2011
Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by quiickz

King Mo calling for the spot against Rich.
I saw that.

That's probably the least entertaining match up I've seen suggested, too. If it's a Strikforce guy, go with Mousasi. My favorite suggestion so far is Brandon Vera, who has recently been announced to be coming back at 137 vs. Eliot Marshall, but this is extra short notice, so I doubt that.
Eliot Marshall  looked HORRIBLE against Banha in his last outing.

Joined Apr 25, 2005
Originally Posted by therenegade23

Ace not fighting. It should be Ace vs. Machida @ UFC 135
I'm really not trying to see Rich get aced. Machida would wreck him

The Fire Marshall is garbage
Vera vs. Marshall is the least intriguing match up the UFC has announced in recent memory.

Joined Nov 10, 2002
Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Ace not fighting. It should be Ace vs. Machida @ UFC 135
I'm really not trying to see Rich get aced. Machida would wreck him

The Fire Marshall is garbage
Vera vs. Marshall is the least intriguing match up the UFC has announced in recent memory.
Machida gotta fight someone
most if not all top LHW have matches

Joined Sep 14, 2009
June 18th is a quick turnaround to fight again in September. They should have moved it to October SMH

But Overreem should also sound more flexible unless he got nagging injuries. By the sounds of it, he's just like "well I don't like being threatened, I don't know what's gonna happen now".

I put this more on the event planning more than on Overreem.

Joined Jul 22, 2007
I don't care what Dana says, who is Overeem gonna fight in October under Strikeforce with the Grand Prix in Sept. and Fedor possibly (probably) losing to Hendo in July? UFC 138 is the best place to have Reem fight in San Jose where he's known. And I think Cain isn't 100% healthy.

quik1987

Banned
Joined Apr 21, 2001
What's the point of calling it a grand prix? What happened to days where dudes would fight 3 times a night?

Joined Jul 16, 2002
Overeem didn't want to fight on September because he is still has an injured toe that he messed up while training for Werdum.

Undefeated heavyweight prospect and former U.S. Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier has been tabbed to take Overeem's place in the tournament.

Joined Aug 25, 2005
Originally Posted by Smedroc

If zuffa let him go cause of this

I doubt Zuffa will let him go.  Ideally they would probably want their UFC HW Champ to smash him before sending him on his way.  

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now