Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Dana will never give miller a shot. Smh

i get the lack of marketability around miller but i dont see why he wouldnt, i figure that if miller wins, maybe a #1 contender shot between him and pettis

especially if miller puts on a dominant performance

i think it depends on the outcome of Bendo/Edgar II. Since Miller already lost to Bendo, i dont think they would put them two up against each other again if Miller wins and Bendo retains. But I like your idea of having Pettis fight Miller for the #1 contender if Miller should win.

Also, I will be attending UFC on FOX 3 this Saturday in Jersey. This will be my first time ever at a MMA event. So hyped! First fight starts at 4pm, so I'll be there by then. Don't know if I can handle 6 hours of MMA though
laugh.gif

You'll love it, Chino. The energy when you're actually there is crazy.

Thanks dude. I just hope MMA gets sanctioned in NY soon so I don't have to travel to Jersey for events.

^
Me too.  It would be great to just take the train and go to an event at MSG.  I wanted to get tickets to the event tonight but I didn't feel like driving to Jersey and I have finals and projects to take care of.

They need to put a ban on rematches for the LW title for awhile.  Division is too deep and all they do is put on the same fights 
eyes.gif

Very good fights so far. This could be a big night for the UFC if they get a few wars on the Fox portion of the show.

Impressive win by Belcher.

Thought he was done when Palhares took him to the ground.

Just came back home from the IZOD center. What an awesome card! Very exciting fights. I'll try to post some pics.

Diaz
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by chino905

Just came back home from the IZOD center. What an awesome card! Very exciting fights. I'll try to post some pics.

Diaz
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Damn hella jelly
pimp.gif

SEE I TOLD Y'ALL. There is a reason Nate Diaz has been my favorite fighter. People were sleeping on him til Cerrone.

Belcher fought awesome and I would definitely like to see him challenge Anderson one day. The way he defended the leg locks was
eek.gif
And then he just smacked poor Paul Harris
frown.gif

Made a little bit of money off Diaz and Lavar
smile.gif

Didn't see it posted here but UFC on Fox Saturday completely bombed in the ratings. This is not good news for their relationship.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Didn't see it posted here but UFC on Fox Saturday completely bombed in the ratings. This is not good news for their relationship.

No, but it was up against Mayweather v. Cotto.

Boxing is dead though and UFC is taking over.

Not to mention I didn't even see a single commercial or promo for the UFC card on Fox unlike the multiple promos they did for Dos Santos/Velasquez and Evans/Davis.

There are a lot of excuses that can be made for Saturday's rating (Cinco de Mayo, Boxing, NBA/NHL Playoffs, lack of promotion, good weather, etc), but bottom line, drawing 2.25 million viewers for a 2 hour prime time block is awful. It proves that just putting UFC on Fox isn't enough. There have to be big name fighters involved to draw the casual viewer in. UFC needs to get a much bigger top match than Stann/Lombard for the August show.

Back
Top Bottom