Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

They're Diego-ing Kenny here, and it's really too bad.

They're throwing him into what could be his last "big money" fight without much buildup within the division so if he loses he has zero interesting match ups afterwards.

If he wins, it would be a huge win, but somewhat tarnished just a smidge by the fact that this guy came down in weight to do it.

Either way, Aldo, 3rd Round, Combo Breaker.

eek.gif
at 136 being a 2 title fight card. 134-138, all title fights
pimp.gif

Hopefully injuries doesn't mess things up. I'm guessing the UFC is stacking the cards so they can have some back up plans in case of injuries and what not.

Damn, another change for UFC 133. Dana is looking for a replacement for Little Nog. He pulled out of his fight vs. Rich Franklin.

Originally Posted by quiickz

King Mo calling for the spot against Rich.

I saw that.

That's probably the least entertaining match up I've seen suggested, too. If it's a Strikforce guy, go with Mousasi. My favorite suggestion so far is Brandon Vera, who has recently been announced to be coming back at 137 vs. Eliot Marshall, but this is extra short notice, so I doubt that.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Originally Posted by quiickz

King Mo calling for the spot against Rich.

I saw that.

That's probably the least entertaining match up I've seen suggested, too. If it's a Strikforce guy, go with Mousasi. My favorite suggestion so far is Brandon Vera, who has recently been announced to be coming back at 137 vs. Eliot Marshall, but this is extra short notice, so I doubt that.

Eliot Marshall  looked HORRIBLE against Banha in his last outing.

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Ace not fighting. It should be Ace vs. Machida @ UFC 135
I'm really not trying to see Rich get aced. Machida would wreck him
laugh.gif

The Fire Marshall is garbage
laugh.gif
Vera vs. Marshall is the least intriguing match up the UFC has announced in recent memory.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by therenegade23

Ace not fighting. It should be Ace vs. Machida @ UFC 135
I'm really not trying to see Rich get aced. Machida would wreck him
laugh.gif

The Fire Marshall is garbage
laugh.gif
Vera vs. Marshall is the least intriguing match up the UFC has announced in recent memory.
Machida gotta fight someone
laugh.gif
most if not all top LHW have matches

June 18th is a quick turnaround to fight again in September. They should have moved it to October SMH

But Overreem should also sound more flexible unless he got nagging injuries. By the sounds of it, he's just like "well I don't like being threatened, I don't know what's gonna happen now".

I put this more on the event planning more than on Overreem.

I don't care what Dana says, who is Overeem gonna fight in October under Strikeforce with the Grand Prix in Sept. and Fedor possibly (probably) losing to Hendo in July? UFC 138 is the best place to have Reem fight in San Jose where he's known. And I think Cain isn't 100% healthy.

What's the point of calling it a grand prix? What happened to days where dudes would fight 3 times a night?

Overeem didn't want to fight on September because he is still has an injured toe that he messed up while training for Werdum.

Undefeated heavyweight prospect and former U.S. Olympic wrestler Daniel Cormier has been tabbed to take Overeem's place in the tournament.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

If zuffa let him go cause of this
30t6p3b.gif

I doubt Zuffa will let him go.  Ideally they would probably want their UFC HW Champ to smash him before sending him on his way.  

Back
Top Bottom