Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Lets see if we can get an official MMA thread going. Moonmaster3 suggested it and I think its a great idea. We can keep the thread alive with updates, thoughts, rumors, and opinions. I primarily follow UFC and Pride but discussion regarding other organizations is encouraged.

-UFC
-DREAM
-Strikeforce
-Affliction

Anyone who requests or offers a link to an illegal PPV stream will be BANNED from NikeTalk. 

Sacramento Kings: Fight for the playoffs!

Catch me at UFC 73 :pimp:
pimp.gif
. In the higher level where it's probably gonna be dark :lol:
laugh.gif
. I can't pass up my first UFC event, even if it's $150 a ticket for higher levels :x
sick.gif
Rich FranklinForrest GriffinJason MacDonaldTyson Griffin
Quote:
-B.J. Penn vs. Jens Pulver
-TUF 5 Finals (Lauzon/Maynard winner vs. Diaz/Gamburyan winner)
-Roger Huerta vs. Doug Evas
-Leonard Garcia vs. Allen Berube
-Thales Leites vs. Floyd Sword

I think they've said they're gonna do Noah Thomas vs. Marlon Sims too...? :smh:
smh.gif
TEAM Black & Mild
Guaranteed Freshness

WOW... koscheck vs GSP i am very interested in. and that next rampage fight will be insane
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
49er's, Giants, A's, Warriors, ASU​

What's the deal with Matt Hamill? Like everyone else from TUF 2 that was any good at all has had fights; haven't seen him since his fight with Jesse.
UCLA​
Class of '10​

The Noah vs. Marlon fight was called off. Spike wanted it, Dana didn't.

Still not sure if I'm getting 72, but everything after that is NUTS.

No love for Strikeforce? Baroni/Shamrock and Ninja/Joe Villa? Should be a pretty good card. June 22nd.
TEAM AM FAM
Oh, it can't be. Illphil with the Air Max family....
I NEED AN AF1 ID PASSWORD. AND GOT A PACK OF CD'S 4 U
ILLPHILLIP@TMAIL.COM

can someone fill me in on some good MMA sites....I'm already on sherdog on a daily now.....want a few more to add to the stable
Team49ers
Smith, Davis, Gore...​
Friday Night Lights is the best show on TV​

Not a good card at all for UFC72. I will most definately be going to a bar to watch this thing at 3PM. I think Rich will take the fight. I want to see Tyson Giffin fight. That kid is nice. Hopefully Forrest will win also, its good for the company if he can continue to win. The TUF 5 Finale will be better than UFC 72. I would rather drop 40 on that than this. The UFC should have put this live on Spike or on a Tape Delay. The PPV buys are gonna be horrible. Terrible decision for Dana. He is gonna lose alot of money on this one.
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

I'm already amped for 73, 74, and 75... 72 just does nothing for me though. I'll have to see what i'm doing Saturday, but I doubt I'll shell out a cover for this one unless it's a cheapy, which it should be.

Thanks for posting the schedules though.

TUF Finale 5 >>>>>>> UFC 72

:smh:
smh.gif

Like everyone else stated above, it's just a TERRIBLE card.

On th eother hand though, Roger Huerta and Leonard Garcia on the same card = :smokin
smokin.gif
Quote:
can someone fill me in on some good MMA sites
Quote:
No love for Strikeforce? Baroni/Shamrock

I hope Baroni catches him with a straight right to the face and breaks that penis-shaped nose of his. I can't stand Frank >:
mad.gif
R.I.P. Tia Marina Dec. 15, 1962 - Apr. 19, 2007
--In our hearts forever!--​

Not too enthused about this weekend's card, only plus is that it is on in the afternoon. Anyone catch last night's UFC Fight Night Live? One of the better free shows they have put on and was most likely more entertaining than this weekend's card.

Also, that Jake O'Brien vs. Tom Murphy fight has officially been canceled.

OBrien is suffering from stingers, which are causing numbness and temporary paralysis in his arms. He's receiving treatment on them 5 days a week, but there's a possibility it could be career ending. They're that serious.

Justin McCully agreed to take the fight in OBriens place, but he wasnt granted early release from his medical suspension. McCully, who won his UFC debut against Antoni Hardonk, hyper-extended his elbow in the April fight. Hes been under suspension ever since.

Info courtesy of ufcjunkie.com

I hate Koscheck. I hope GSP kicks his @#%$
TEAM UTAH JAZZ
With a gentle push and a mild arc, the old cowhide globe hits home
Araujo - Boozer - Brewer - Brown - Collins - Fisher - Giricek - Harpring - Kirilenko - Miles - Millsap - Okur - Williams

Quote:
Anyone catch last night's UFC Fight Night Live? One of the better free shows they have put on and was most likely more entertaining than this weekend's card.
:wow:
eek.gif
:\
ohwell.gif

For those that missed it:

Quote:
LW: Spencer Fisher def. Sam Stout via unanimous decision

WW: Jon Fitch def. Roan Carneiro via submission with a rear naked choke (Round 2, 1:07)

MW: Drew McFedries def. Jordan Radev via KO (Round 1, 0:33)

LW: Thiago Tavares def. Jason Black via submission with a triangle choke (Round 2, 2:49)

WW: Forrest Petz def. Luigi Fioravanti via unanimous decision

WW: Tamdan McCory def. Pete Spratt via triangle choke (Round 2, 2:04)

LW: Gleison Tibau def. Jeff Cox via submission with an arm-triangle choke (Round 1, 1:52)

WW: Anthony Johnson def. Chad Reiner via KO (Round 1, 0:13)

LW: Nate Mohr def. Luke Caudillo via unanimous decision
ufcjunkie.com

I don't like UFC 72 card much. Looking forward to TUF finale.

You may not like Josh Koscheck but you got to respect the guy. His talent has gone threw the roof after the 1st Ultimate Fighter.

A lot good fights coming in the near future according to your schedule of PPV matches can't wait.
Team49ers
Reppin The Bay 650​

Dana is doing a great job of marketing the LW's. He is loading up the UFN's with the LWs and they are giving GREAT shows.
Stout and Spencer were going balls out. I haven't seen a better fight in a while. I do like ground fights when they are grappling like madmen but that standup was so much fun to watch. Neither stopped for the entire 15 mins. Their 3rd fight is gonna be a good one. I would have paid 40 to see that as a headliner if it was on UFC 72
TEAM CHICAGO BULLS
SIX-TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS: 1991.1992.1993.1996.1997.1998​

Quote:
The Noah vs. Marlon fight was called off. Spike wanted it, Dana didn't.

Not only is the fight off, but both men were fired.

I expect both Frankin and Forrest to win Saturday. I'll watch the show online. Not overly excited for it.

73 and 74 on the otherhand.....

I really hope GSP whoops up on Kos to get back on the winning track. Hughes will beat Serra. Then we get GSP vs Hughes again with GSP taking his title back.
Everyone Has A Price​

Quote:
I really hope GSP whoops up on Kos to get back on the winning track. Hughes will beat Serra. Then we get GSP vs Hughes again with GSP taking his title back.
ADAM MARQUEZ IS A HYPEBEAST​

Quote:
What's the deal with Matt Hamill? Like everyone else from TUF 2 that was any good at all has had fights; haven't seen him since his fight with Jesse.
UFC 60 Gracie v. Hughes​
Quote:
HAHAHAHA for all those who think that Gracie is gonna win, care to do a Sig bet (i know its lame, but i guess we cant really bet in person) Loser must keep a SIG made by the winner for a month. Anyone game?
NTer tinkerhatfield: aite im game...but youre like 4 sizes too small for me....i have some sz 12 retro ix's i'll definitely put up tho..

Rich Franklin vs Yushin Okami:

Both coming off of big wins but Franklin is on his way back up while Okami has been on a good streak. Although I think Okami will put up a big fight, I think Franklin will win by KO/TKO in the 2nd round.

Hector Ramirez vs Forrest Griffin:

I can't say I've seen Ramirez fight but seeing as how Griffin is out for revenge..I say Griffin by KO 1st round.

Rory Singer vs Jason MacDonald:

Jason MacDonald is a freak and I see him beating Rory with ease. Submission 1st round.

Clay Guida vs Tyson Griffin

For those that don't know Tyson Griffin...he's the only person to ever beat Urijah Faber, the WEC featherweight champion. He's a small but scrappy guy and I see him knocking out Clay.

Damn, how did no one talk about this show while it was going on?

I was traveling most of the day and only got home to see the Franklin and Okami fight which was a major disappointment. The two did nothing in the first two rounds and the crowd really let them have it. Okami won the third round and came really close to tapping out Franklin with a Kimura. Franklin won a unanimous 29-28 decision which was the right scoring.

I'm mad I didn't see the rest of the show because from what I read, it was a good show and the crowd was amazing.

Tyson Griffin vs. Clay Guida was supposed to be an amazing fight with a controversial decision going to Griffin.

Ed Herman looked really good.

And Forrest Griffin bounced back really well from his lost with maybe his best fight to date.

It wasn't the greatest card on paper, but turned out to be a really good show. I'm going to have to catch the replay.
Everyone Has A Price​

Was at work so din't get to watch it. Franklin fight a snoozefest from what I heard. Oh well, TUF finale next up.
Sacramento Kings: Fight for the playoffs!

Back
Top Bottom