Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Quote:
UFC 77: Bad Blood
:smh:
smh.gif
|I
tired.gif

TEAM DC​
Goooooooooonies​

Only good fight was Shreks.

yeah, i know.
TEAM WARRIORS
[bandwagon] Im just here for the playoffs...[/bandwagon]​
TEAM KOBE Member #1

I was just about to post Florian is a beast......
and as soon as I'm done.... he wins :rofl:
roll.gif

Overall, I liked this card. Not all cards can end up quick fights and KO's. This fight showed the skill involved in MMA. I was damn near about to piss myself when Nog was about to get knocked out.

I was really dissapointed with Rashad, he was fighting not to lose. Tito proved yet again why he is incredibly overrated and barely a top 15 LHW. Minus the draw my predictions went perfect.

EDIT: I will say Rashad did an alright job with Release Yo' Delf

Sherk is one of the strongest dudes I think i've ever seen in terms of his size. Nobody wants it with that guy on the ground, and my god - he took a few brutal knees and was able to gather himself in no time flat... i'd like to see just about anybody else take shots like those and recover that quickly. Nobody is touching him right now at that weight, what a beast of a man.

I hate Tito so much... he's such a dirty fighter, and he's so full of himself. Ugh, annoys the hell out of me, i cheered so loud when he finally got slammed on his back at the end, i just wish he would've gotten his @#%$ whooped.

Other fights were okay I guess, not a very entertaining night though in terms of fast-paced, high flying action.. was more like a college wrestling match for most of the night, but i had a good time watching it with a couple friends at the sports bar.

Can't wait for August's UFC event, should be a fun one.

Another good UFC event. Lived up to the hype.

Silva comes through yet again. I hope Ace is training hard.

A side note: I've officially lost faith in Greg Jackson as a trainer. Keith gets mauled by Houston Alexander, GSP's 1st round KO to Serra, Diego loses to KOS in one of the most boring fights I've ever seen, and tonight Marquardt gets KTFO by Silva, Bocek was TKO'd and had Tito not grabbed the fence, Rashad would have lost in another boring fight. I think Jackson's famed "game plans" are nothing more than "stay out of trouble and win by decision."
TRUE B7UES​

^Word....Greg Jackson must be crying in a corner right now. ALL his fighters lost their fights thie time around. He needs to go back to the drawing board and see if he is overtraining his athletes. Also, it wouldn't hurt to bring in some new trainers to give his camp a fresh outlook. Things gotta change for him. He really needed some victories tonight and he blew it.

Also...did he REALLY tell Rashad that he was winning the fight? Rashad said int he post-fight interview that he thought he was winning the fight...@#%$? If it wasn't for the cage grab Rashad would have lost. Hell, I still think he lost even with his last minute take down. Corners really need to start telling the fighters how it is. Rashad needed to swing for the fences and he didn't do it.

Quote:
A side note: I've officially lost faith in Greg Jackson as a trainer. Keith gets mauled by Houston Alexander, GSP's 1st round KO to Serra, Diego loses to KOS in one of the most boring fights I've ever seen, and tonight Marquardt gets KTFO by Silva, Bocek was TKO'd and had Tito not grabbed the fence, Rashad would have lost in another boring fight. I think Jackson's famed "game plans" are nothing more than "stay out of trouble and win by decision."
:lol:
laugh.gif

TEAM DC​
Goooooooooonies​

Can anyone explain what happened that made people say it looked staged?
A religion disguised as a joke disguised as a religion

Tito is not the fighter he once was. Even though i am a fan of Evans, Tito should have destroyed him, and not let it go to the judges. This fight was a big letdown.

Quote:
Can anyone explain what happened that made people say it looked staged?

It wasn't staged at all, NT is just full of conspiracy theorists. If a fight was staged, that is not how it would happen.

Herring was getting beat to hell but caught Minotauro with a high kick that sent him to the ground near the end of the first. Herring followed up for a few seconds with strikes but Nog was not completely out, he was moving his hands around just not really defending himself well. Lavaigne (?) could have stopped the fight but he didn't. If Heath stayed on him a little longer the fight probably would have been stopped. Heath, however backed off and wanted Nog to stand up again. Minotauro got up slowly and on wobbly legs. Barely able to stand, Nog shot in on Heath out of desperation and was able to survive the round. Going in to the next round Nog was still a little wobbly but Herring took it easy and Nog eventually came together again.

Herring was just fairly stupid/fatigued, this is not how any promoter would fix a fight. Absolutely ridiculous that anyone could think that was staged. Besides how Rogan tried to explain Heath's actions, there are also other possible explanations. Nog was landing some nice two punch combos on Heath and was really beating him quite bad. Besides the fact he may not been able to see out of his pair of swollen eyes, Herring probably was not all there. I think he may have even been dazed enough to not know how bad Nog was hurt. He was dazed, and who the hell would want to be on the ground with Big Nog? Add in the fact Heath was not in the best shape of his life and I think there is no way anyone could say the only explanation was a work.

BOTTOMLINE THIS IS NOT HOW FIGHTS ARE FIXED!

UFC 73 was another solid card, IMO....although Tito vs. Rashad was a huge letdown. Thoughts on each televised fight:

Big Nog vs. Herring - I only caught the 1st round since we decided to go to a different spot to watch. I thought Herring was real close to pulling the upset @ the end of the 1st.

Sherk vs. Franca - It was not as exciting as it should have been considering the 2 fighters, but it was still an entertaining bout, IMO. The only thing that ruined it for me was the repititveness....specifically Franca going for the same guillotine & Sherk escaping again & again. Sherk's slam in the 4th round was vicious....I was actually surprised that didn't end the fight. Sherk is a beast. I'd like to see Sherk defend against BJ if BJ decides to stay @ 155.

Rashad vs. Tito - Now this match was a major disappointment. I had been pretty high on Rashad until this fight. He was fighting way too conservatively. Had Tito not grabbed the fence, it would have been a lay-and-pray decision for him. I hope the draw doesn't mean a rematch between the two. I'm really not looking forward to that. Tito needs to realize he is no longer the same Tito that dominated the LHW division from 2000-2003. I admit that I am a Tito hater, but the reality of it is he's no longer a top contender @ 205.

Silva vs. Marquardt - I was surprised how fast this fight was finished. I was expecting a war between the most explosive striker in the MW division (Silva) & a BJJ black belt (Marquardt). That being said, it was still a solid fight. Silva really impressed me w/his dominance, considering how easily Travis Lutter was taking him down during their fight. I'm a huge Rich Franklin fan, but I don't think he stands a chance against Silva.

KenFlo vs. Robinson - KenFlo continues to impress me with each fight. He has really stepped up his game since the Sherk fight.1 or 2 more solid wins against higher level competition & Florian will have to be considered a top contender for the LW belt again.

On a side note, that Chris Lytle triangle/keylock submission was sick.

Now, onto UFC 74. I'm calling it right now: card of the year, so far. WAR RANDY, GSP, JOE DADDY & BABALU!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you did anything at all"

First two fights were solid, the Tito fight was awful (dude is not nearly as good as he thinks and sounds like a moron), and then Silva's fight wasn't great, but fun to watch him jump around and take out Marquardt. Spider is a great nickname for him. Oh well, still a fun night of beers/gambling/fighting
Team Economics​
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.​
Member of the Steeler Nation
IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL Champions​

Just announced:

BJ vs. Sherk and Tito vs. Rashad II in November

Correction: These fights will take place in November. My bad.
TRUE B7UES​

Sorry, I think the fights are scheduled for November.

Dana also announced that if Cro Cop gets by Kongo at UFC 75 his next opponent will be Big Nog. I'm personally very excited for that re-match.
TRUE B7UES​

Back
Top Bottom