Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by Drizzyd

eek.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif
devil.gif

Originally Posted by APH

Great night of fights. Probably my favorite card so far this year.

Only disappointment was Rampage. I knew it was all downhill when he came in 6 pounds over

That slam though..

Can't understand how anyone can hate Frankie. Dude's definitely small for 155. That said, I'd be surprised if he could do anything to Aldo at 145 but if he does drop down.. I hope he gets an automatic title fight.

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Can't understand how anyone can hate Frankie. Dude's definitely small for 155. That said, I'd be surprised if he could do anything to Aldo at 145 but if he does drop down.. I hope he gets an automatic title fight.

I hate him cause he's a point fighter, and point fighters are bad for the sport IMO.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I hate him cause he's a point fighter, and point fighters are bad for the sport IMO.
I think he's a point fighter just because he can't seem to do much damage to the bigger fighters in his division. Fight at 145 and I bet he'll be able to do some damage.

word?  hes a point fighter?  nobody's ever finished bj or bendo with strikes and nobody ever finished gray til he did

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

word?  hes a point fighter?  nobody's ever finished bj or bendo with strikes and nobody ever finished gray til he did
Thiago Alves won his last fight by submission. Doesn't make him a BJJ guy.
laugh.gif

Frankie is the epitome of a point fighter. How do you arguably win a five round standup battle and your opponent looks exactly the same as when he walked in the cage?
laugh.gif
Watch Frankie go for the TD as soon as he hears the 10 second warning every round and you'll realize why he's known as a point fighter. Frankie rarely does any damage or attempts a submission (hell, dude doesn't even try to pass guard
eyes.gif
), it's all for show. I think he's a great fighter, but I think 145 is the best place for him. He might be able to finish a fight once in a while.

Benson
pimp.gif

Would love to see him avenge the loss to Showtime. Nate Diaz vs. Benson would suck for me. Two of my top 5 favorites.

Sexy looked really good at 170. I wa surprised. Still needs to work on striking and combos. Dude punches looks like they should be faster.gomi looked like crap but pulled it out hat
pimp.gif
. Okami to slow, had that fight but nice come back for Tim... vicious uppers. Benson did his thing. Edgar just mad he couldent get anything going. Rampage getting wrestled again. Love that slam tho. And the ko of tie quan zhang wow. Sad to see kid lose. All in all great card. Great fights.

swyftdahoe wrote:
I think he's a point fighter just because he can't seem to do much damage to the bigger fighters in his division. Fight at 145 and I bet he'll be able to do some damage.

Him not having a lot of power in his strikes limits him a lot.  He should try to incorporate more ground and pound.  He probably has the best wrestling in the division and needs to use more of it offensively.  Regardless, he's still my favorite fighter at 155.  I've never considered him a point fighter.  He tags his opponents a lot but doesn't have the pop to drop them.  I don't think he'd have any power advantage at FW since a lot of those guys are bigger than him too.
Rogan needs to smack Bendo every time he asks for an amen.  It's just an awkward thing to say in post fight interviews.  That or the crowd needs to respond with a "shut up".

Glad to see Mark Hunt with the finish.  Handled kongo like a boss.

FIGHT WEEK ALREADY!

This Friday, we have UFC on FX2. It will be a great night of fights. Thiago Alves will be facing The Hitman Kampmann. The Flyweight Tourney will also begin as Mighty Mouse Johnson goes against Taichi Palace Flyweight Champ Ian McCall, and Benavidez fights Shooto Champ Uru****ani.

On Saturday, Strikeforce has the Tate vs. Rousey event for the Women's Bantomweight belt. Paul Daley, Scott Smith, KJ Noons, Josh Thompson and former Strkeforce Middleweight Champ Ronaldo Souza will also be on the card.

Originally Posted by chino905

FIGHT WEEK ALREADY!
On Saturday, Strikeforce has the Tate vs. Rousey event for the Women's Bantomweight belt.
rousey will probably win but I wish Tate would put that girl in her place.  If ronda's goal was for people to think she's a c-word then she did her job.  One of the most annoying people i've ever seen in mma.  She totally copied everything Sonnen does.  I also like how she didn't want to even try for the title in her division and moved down.
Back to more important stuff.  Let's see if Thiago can get back to contender form.  Kampmann is a big challenge.

Back
Top Bottom