Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

^ They are putting Lombard/Stann as co-main event and Machida/Bader as the Main Event for the next UFC on Fox card.

I know Machida/Bader is heavily rumored, don't think it's official yet. Even still, I don't think they're drawing any casual fans with either of those two fights.

Originally Posted by chino905

From Dana White's Twitter: It's true Cruz blew his ACL. Stay tuned for more info

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
[h1]Dominick Cruz suffers torn ACL[/h1]
Updated: May 7, 2012, 4:04 PM ET
By Franklin McNeil | ESPN.com

Bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz tore an ACL last week during training that has likely forced him out of his July 7 showdown against Urijah Faber at UFC 148.

UFC president Dana White confirmed the injury on Twitter.

"It's true, Cruz blew his ACL," White said. "Stay tuned for more info."

The injury was initially reported by PhyteGurus.com.

Cruz (19-1) suffered the injury while preparing to make his fifth 135-pound title defense. He was also hoping to defeat Faber for the second time.

The two have met twice. Faber (26-5) defeated Cruz by first-round submission in March 2007 to claim the WEC featherweight belt.

Cruz would exact revenge July 2, 2011, at UFC 132, beating Faber by unanimous decision to retain his bantamweight title.

The rivals have been competing as coaches on this season's version of "The Ultimate Fighter."

That sucks. Not that I'm any less interested in the July 7th show now, but I was really looking forward to Cruz officially ending Faber's career that night.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

I know Machida/Bader is heavily rumored, don't think it's official yet. Even still, I don't think they're drawing any casual fans with either of those two fights.
Former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and contender Ryan Bader have agreed to meet Aug. 4 at UFC on Fox in Los Angeles, the promotion confirmed Monday night on Twitter.

UFC first revealed the news to Brazil-based website esporte.ig.com.br

This card could be at least as good a draw as Evans/Davis. They just have to promote Machida's unorthodox karate style vs. Bader being one of the hungry young fighters tryin to get title shot, and they can market Lombard's 23 fight win streak against the All American Brian Stann. if they can stack the main card with another 2 strong fights, it should do the trick. But who knows...

That sucks. Not that I'm any less interested in the July 7th show now, but I was really looking forward to Cruz officially ending Faber's career that night.
agreed. 
laugh.gif
 even though i'm rooting for Faber.

There are speculations that they might replace Cruz with Renan Bararo for the Interim Title, but still no word yet.

Former light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida and contender Ryan Bader have agreed to meet Aug. 4 at UFC on Fox in Los Angeles, the promotion confirmed Monday night on Twitter.

UFC first revealed the news to Brazil-based website esporte.ig.com.br

This card could be at least as good a draw as Evans/Davis. They just have to promote Machida's unorthodox karate style vs. Bader being one of the hungry young fighters tryin to get title shot, and they can market Lombard's 23 fight win streak against the All American Brian Stann. if they can stack the main card with another 2 strong fights, it should do the trick. But who knows...

They can promote with countdown specials and the like, but in reality, only the hardcores are watching those shows.  The casuals are catching the 30-60 commercial spots on Fox and FX, and UFC needs a quick way to draw them in.  I think one of the undercard fights needs to have an established name like a Rampage or a Tito (I know he's retiring, just as an example though).  Someone most sports fans have heard of and can give them a reason to tune in.  How about BJ Penn?
ORRRRRRRRRRR

If Diaz gets his suspension overturned, they need to put Diaz vs Condit on the August Fox show.

From Dana White's Twitter: It's true Cruz blew his ACL. Stay tuned for more info

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
This is actually pretty awesome if it plays out how I want it to in my mind. I was already planning on going, but I'd rather see Barao vs. Faber for the interim and have Mayday McDonald fight Menjivar. That would be sweeeeet

Damn.  Bad news about Cruz.  I wanted him to beat Faber again and knock that fool out of title contention for a long time.  Seems like he always gets a new title shot after just 1 win.  Hoping Barao knocks him the hell out.

Dana just announced Bones Jones vs. Dan Henderson will take place on September 1st in Las Vegas.

Jon Jones is on an amazing run right now, him beating four former champions in row and if he beats Hendo at ufc 151, who is out there for him at 205? maybe Gustafsson, Mousasi (maybe when his contract is up with strikeforce) or Davis but they probably need more top tier fights before they get mention in the title picture. 

Yeah, not sure why they skipped over Pettis.  He does have a victory over the current champ.  Diaz vs Henderson has Fight of the Year written all over it.  I'm a fan of Edgar's but if he wins a close decision and they have another rematch it'll be awful for the division.

Those fox ratings don't look good and dana white had the nerve to say they are bigger than football. I know he's a douche, I appreciate his hustle but damn he says some dumb things.

Originally Posted by The Fresh Sole

Those fox ratings don't look good and dana white had the nerve to say they are bigger than football. I know he's a douche, I appreciate his hustle but damn he says some dumb things.
I hope he meant to say that he thinks MMA is bigger than American Football if you look at it from a World Wide perspective and not within the United States. Even then, i'm not sure if i buy that.
grin.gif

^
You'll learn not to trust anything dana says.  99% of the time it's bs.  I think mma has reached its peak in popularity.  People who still believe it'll be the most popular sport in the world or the U.S. are delusional.  Look at that decline of popularity in Japan and their organizations.

Originally Posted by shogun

^
You'll learn not to trust anything dana says.  99% of the time it's bs.  I think mma has reached its peak in popularity.  People who still believe it'll be the most popular sport in the world or the U.S. are delusional.  Look at that decline of popularity in Japan and their organizations.

I thought the decrease in Japan was due to over-production (spending more on trying to make it entertainment, than concentrating on profit margin). I think that the sport is growing and it has definitely not peaked yet. It won't ever be the most popular sport, though -

Should this thread be locked up and have a new one started? I'm getting 3 blank pages when I try to see whats going on in here...

I don't read his tweets, but as I was skimming through them looking for something else, dude is ruthless. I never liked Dana White, but after reading his responses to fans, guy is unbearable.

gsp, anderson silva and jon jones kind of make mma boring for me. they are just so much better than everyone

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Should this thread be locked up and have a new one started? I'm getting 3 blank pages when I try to see whats going on in here...
I wouldn't mind making a new one if ya'll don't mind. I usually spend a majority of my time posting in this thread anyway 
laugh.gif

I like Jones and Silva because they both have that killer instinct in them. I know their main goal is to win, but something about watching GSP, Cruz, and other fighters like them that pisses me off. When you watch Jones or Silva, you know there's a big chance that someone is getting finished, when you watch these other guys, just fast forward to the decision.

KING MO, BELLATOR AND TNA WRESTLING JOIN FORCES FORUNPRECEDENTED ALLIANCE ON SPIKE TV

Former Light Heavyweight Champ to Fight forBellator in 2013

And Join the Stars of TNA Wrestling ThisSummer

New York, NY, May 10, 2012 – In anunprecedented move, one of the biggest names in mixed martial arts, “King Mo

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I wouldn't mind making a new one if ya'll don't mind. I usually spend a majority of my time posting in this thread anyway 
laugh.gif
PM Ska to have him lock this down then get a new one going and link this thread in OP.

Back
Top Bottom