Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

He punched his leg
eek.gif

Originally Posted by CryingFreemancoa

all im saying is if silva knew leites wasn't going to stand up with. why didn't he just go in for the kill.
Because he already had the fight won. Smart fight, he was touched maybe once or twice

smh.gif
Silva using a soccer kick (left leg unorthodox to take out the ankle).

I mean, it just shows you he can destroy anyone on whichever style he wants. He can use both stances and strike effectively. No punch was wasted during groundand pound...wrestling was crisp.

Only thing that boggles my mind is that why isn't he finishing his fights anymore...he could've gotten Thales many times in the 4th...but instead hejust did his head and body movements (entertaining yes, painful to watch yes).

PS
I had horrible streams. I have a headache now.

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

worse fight ever...
that's how you wear down an opponent...take their strengths out and punish them when they're tired. the closest Leites has gotten to alock/sub was the leg lock and Anderson just walked away from it like a ramp model.

I'm embarassed coz my fellow Canadians were booing...then again, 90% of these people watching live are casual fans.

shogun for the win. I do not see how Anderson silva is still ranked pound for pound after two straight poor performances. 1) Fedor 2) GSP

Spider don't have to chase nobody and nobody should be dumb enough to chase him.

I believe he performed like this on purpose. But then again maybe he's believing his own hype.

I hope thats not the case because thats my dude but I just want to see him dominate.

i dont give a +*$! what all these casual fans think, every time anderson tried to engage thales would just drop down to his back, anderson is probably thesmartest fighter in mma and he knows what he's doing

i need a pic of that part where thales dropped down to his back and anderson just crouched down in front of him like "is this dude serious?"
laugh.gif

other than that, im just glad shogun's back, he looked to be in excellent shape for this fight, id love to see him fight rampage again but id ratherrampage get ready for either evans/machida, im rootin for evans but i think its gonna be machida

Did you guys watch the same fight I did? Smart technical fight by Silva? He was showboating for most of the fight. I respect the man's skill and he'sstill one of the best P4P fighters out there but he's made an #!+ out of himself with this fight and against Cote. It's a shame that you guys areputting most of the blame on Leites because Anderson wasn't doing much engaging either.

i dont give a +*$! what all these casual fans think, every time anderson tried to engage thales would just drop down to his back, anderson is probably the smartest fighter in mma and he knows what he's doing
It's not just the casual fans. Montreal is a good and fair MMA site. Anderson did LITTLE to engage. Leites plan was to pull Anderson into hisgame. NEITHER tried hard to engage. NEITHER of them put up much of a performance.

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

i dont give a +*$! what all these casual fans think, every time anderson tried to engage thales would just drop down to his back, anderson is probably the smartest fighter in mma and he knows what he's doing

i need a pic of that part where thales dropped down to his back and anderson just crouched down in front of him like "is this dude serious?"
laugh.gif
Exactly. Silva likes to counter, but if the opponent doesn't even attack there isn't a chance to counter. So Anderson gives in andattacks. His Lates just fell down everytime Silva got within a foot of him like he got shot. Silva clearly didn't want to go down to the ground inLates' guard respecting his jiu-jitsu and playing it smart.

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Did you guys watch the same fight I did? Smart technical fight by Silva? He was showboating for most of the fight. I respect the man's skill and he's still one of the best P4P fighters out there but he's made an %*+ out of himself with this fight and against Cote. It's a shame that you guys are putting most of the blame on Leites because Anderson wasn't doing much engaging either.

serious question, how many times were there where anderson engaged and thales did NOT drop down? he dropped down pretty much every time he came close togetting in trouble, and the worst part is that he didnt even try to pull guard, he just dropped to his back

Originally Posted by TheHealthInspector

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Did you guys watch the same fight I did? Smart technical fight by Silva? He was showboating for most of the fight. I respect the man's skill and he's still one of the best P4P fighters out there but he's made an %*+ out of himself with this fight and against Cote. It's a shame that you guys are putting most of the blame on Leites because Anderson wasn't doing much engaging either.

serious question, how many times were there where anderson engaged and thales didnt drop down? it was pretty much every time
And how many times did Anderson try to engage Leites when he did drop down? We're talking like Anderson is a huge slouch on the ground. If youreally feel he gave even half of the performance compared to his other fights where he would go in for the kill then I don't know what to tell you. What Isaw out there is not the same man that destroyed Rich, beat up Nate and Dan, etc. HE CAME IN WITH HIS HANDS DOWN FOR A LOT OF THE FIGHT. That'sshowboating, plain and simple. I'm not gonna sit here and act like Thales put up a great effort as well, but Anderson was not showing much effort eitherand it pains me to see that because even with the past two performances I'm still gonna tune in hoping he comes in with 100% effort.

that's how you wear down an opponent...take their strengths out and punish them when they're tired. the closest Leites has gotten to a lock/sub was the leg lock and Anderson just walked away from it like a ramp model.
Leites was already worn down from the beginning though...

Back
Top Bottom