OFFICIAL MORTAL KOMBAT 11 THREAD || PS5 Ultimate Edition Nov. 17th || Mileena Byke!

What do soul fragments do?
There are some things in the krypt that can only be opened with soul fragments. Those floating green orbs and the corpses that are sometimes holding them need souls to unlock. There are also certain areas that need souls to access.

I want to buy this game, as I own ever MK that's ever released, and it's my favorite fighting game franchise without question,
but the fatalities are going too over the top these days IMO. I've always loved and wanted the darker type fatalities, and that has gone away IMO, in favor of them being more gratuitous. Like Kabal's drag fatality, could've just ended after the dragging portion and having the body twitching or something. There always has to be a head chopped off or sliced in half, or smashed, after the person is already dead. Maybe one day they'll skew more for brutal/darker fatalities that aren't so theatrical, but I'm just a little burned out on the whole dismembering all the time. I'd want an "OMG, that's so brutal, dark, or makes me cringe" type of reaction, as opposed to "that's awesome, so cool, and so over the top" type of reaction. The slow motion freeze with the artistic splatter of blood at the end also makes them less evil IMO. Seeing the dead body on the ground after the fact would make them more dark IMO.

Lastly, I really hope the next MK changes the art style. Could you imagine if the people/effects had a more cartoony aesthetic, but still the gore and blood? I imagine that'd be a lot harder to create, especially starting from scratch in terms of engine and such, but would be sooo dope IMO.

There always has to be a head chopped off or sliced in half, or smashed, after the person is already dead. Maybe one day they'll skew more for brutal/darker fatalities that aren't so theatrical

I've thought the same thing for fatalities for a while. Like sometimes they just do too much. A perfect example is Subs default fatality. He freezes them head exposed, chops it off then freezes the head. It's literally perfect right there. There's literally no reason to punch the head, it makes it kinda corny.

Haven't watched all of the fatalities, but the baseball fatality for Jax is completely stupid.

He rips the persons arm off, punches their head into the air then uses the arm as a baseball bat and the head as a ball that results in him knocking the skin off their face.....

I've thought the same thing for fatalities for a while. Like sometimes they just do too much. A perfect example is Subs default fatality. He freezes them head exposed, chops it off then freezes the head. It's literally perfect right there. There's literally no reason to punch the head, it makes it kinda corny.

Haven't watched all of the fatalities, but the baseball fatality for Jax is completely stupid.

He rips the persons arm off, punches their head into the air then uses the arm as a baseball bat and the head as a ball that results in him knocking the skin off their face.....
You both point out exactly what I'm talking about. Scorpions fatality that was the first fatality shown for the game, is him essentially turning into a fireball and flying through their midsection, leaving it completely empty/detached save for their spine still be connected/present, he then reappears behind them, cuts off their head, kicks it into the air, and than spears it. Or like one of Liu Kang's, he does his classic cartwheel kick to uppercut, but the uppercut is so powerful that the person breaks into a bunch of body parts that fly up into the air. But then, he grabs his nunchucks, and shatters/explodes each individual part as it comes down. Like why? I understand technology allows them to do tons of crazy looking and graphic things, and while there have always been some that were silly or over the top, the spirit of most of them was to be dark/brutal. Scorpion breaths fire on you, leaving you burning alive and ultimately dying. MK4's graphics weren't anything special, but that rendition of Scorpions fatality, when the opponent is running around on fire screaming, ultimately succumbing, has always been one of my favorites. Actually, I'd love to see all of the MK4 fatalities, but redone using the current engine, as those were mainly pretty dark. I'm also wishing MK11 had stage fatalities, and I wish there was stuff like burning alive. Just seems like everything has to have a head cut off or cut up or pulled off, or body dismemberment. I mean, I understand, when you consider how over the top the moves are in general during the regular course of the fight (i.e. Fatal Blows), the finishing moves have to be even more so, but it just comes off as corny a lot of the time. Like unless you're getting style points for how you kill your opponent, all the extra theatrics are extra. Do something unique/impressive to kill them, but no need to cut off arms, cut off their head, chop them in half, pick up the head, then smash it.

My record so far.
3F384B95-AB4E-4001-8D2E-2138C8C70638.png

anyone buy the dlc?

I love playing as shang tsung man. the character design to the voice acting is amazing. hes also fun as hell to play as (except tournament variation)

anyone buy the dlc?

I love playing as shang tsung man. the character design to the voice acting is amazing. hes also fun as hell to play as (except tournament variation)

Yeah ima try to main him . He has some nice options . The Ermac lift and soul steal has some nice range to them.

anyone still play?

did they ever bring an update to this game? because all the annoying/op characters are still around lol.

scopion with the teleport spam
geros with the OP combo/special spam
sonya op

etc etc

Last edited:
Forgot about mk waiting on a big price drop... I’m old because I’m usually a night of release mk copper lol

Back
Top Bottom