*Official N.L East Thread*

Originally Posted by DLo13

I expect Chipper to play 120, Glaus maybe 80...

Unless Heyward is gonna hit .400 and 80 bombs, not sure the rest of the lineup is gonna make it up...

...and I get the feeling that Melky is gonna end up there with Brian Jordan as guys I hated having to watch.

Still got McLouth, McCann and Escobar to fill in the lineup, I think they'll be good.  Glaus has looked pretty good so far so you never know.  

opening day.
168c2gg_th.jpg

lets go phils
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg

Melky is scheduled to leadoff today..........THIS WONT END WELL. Already conceded the game due to Derek Lowe being on the mound, but I'm surprised Melky is even in the starting lineup, especially the leadoff spot.

McLouth was godawful (6-51) in the spring and almost went on the DL with a bad hamstring, so I'm ok with him at the bottom. I do hope he gets right soon, because Melky up top is not something that I'm prepared to live with.

Heyward in the #7 spot for his debut.

D. Lowe better get it right this year.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

opening day.
168c2gg_th.jpg

lets go phils
168c2gg_th.jpg
168c2gg_th.jpg
PLAY BALL! opening day is such a beautiful occasion.

i've got a good feeling that the Nats are going to beat Roy Halladay.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

phils rotation.

hey phiballa09,

do you know if the phillies are planning to just plug kendrick into blanton's rotation spots, or are they shifting the rotation around? me and a couple friends are trying to decide what game to go to next week and i wanted to see if halladay is still pitching on april 16th against the marlins.

thanks

im not 100% sure. but i remember hearing a couple beat writers say that's the plan, plugging KK in.

According to Zolecki via Twitter:

Andrew Carpenter likely to take Kendrick's job in the bullpen. Kendrick officially takes Blanton's place in the rotation.

from twitter.

Nats off to a great start behind staff ace John Lannan.

3.2 IP, 5 ER.

laugh.gif

Jason Heyward just hit a 3-runs home run on first pitch.. Insane.

Melky went 0-5.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Free Matt Diaz, Bobby. Free him.

I guarantee you Bobby has something good to say about Lowe performance, something along the lines of "He only missed with two pitches, today".

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Melky went 0-5.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Free Matt Diaz, Bobby. Free him.

I guarantee you Bobby has something good to say about Lowe performance, something along the lines of "He only missed with two pitches, today".
Matt Diaz should play the next game I'm fine with a platoon in LF
Moylan, Saito, & Wagner were sharp today love that heat that Wagner throws 97 then a slider
pimp.gif
it was a relief that we didn't get any of those moments like last year with Gonzo and Soriano making it close just have to wait and see how the pen is this year, but Jo Jo Reyes making the team 
sick.gif

Jason Heyward has arrived he hit a bomb 442 feet 
2wdmv0n.gif

69gpyc.jpg

j998id.jpg

Jo-Jo is only there until Proctor is ready for the Majors. I actually like Reyes in the bullpen, it means he can only $*!@*+ up 1-2 innings at most. I'm worried that Jesse Chavez might be the new Manny Acosta.  Every game that is won with Lowe on the mound is both
laugh.gif
and
pimp.gif

John Smoltz needs to go mow his grass or lead a Bible study or something...he's godawful at this announcing thing.

Braves won, Wagner is a beast

Glaus sucks batting and defense, Chipper is the man

Was watching the Orioles yesterday and Mike Gonzalez blew the save and got the loss
laugh.gif
glad he's not on the Braves can't trust him.

Back
Top Bottom