Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Let's compare LeBron's situation in Cleveland to the aforementioned, as if they are even remotely the same.

I don't get how people can full fledge act like "The Decision" wasn't a bad look. Yeah ok, we get it, the money was donated to charity (as if lebron never donated to charity before then) and yeah he's was free agent so he had every right to exercise his options and choose another team but you don't go on national television and slap your hometown in the face like that. He was a god there. That town never got anything good thrown there way like lebron James. I mean he had a chance to be a real life hero to those people and he sells them out. I don't care how many rings he gets with Miami, if he would've brought just one ring to Cleveland he would've never had to win another single accolade ever again, there would be no hate on lebron, nothing. We really would've "Witnessed" "The chosen one"

Biggest BS statement I've read on here in a minute. There would be no hate for Lebron? Really? So you're telling me he wasn't getting hated on by a CERTAIN fan base before ANY connection with Lebron and Miami was ever made??? Go back to the Niketalk archives man. You'll see he DEFINITELY was getting hate.

There will always be hate on LeBron because he's one of the league's best. Just like how there's hate on Kobe, Wade, Melo, Russy, etc.

I don't get how people can full fledge act like "The Decision" wasn't a bad look. Yeah ok, we get it, the money was donated to charity (as if lebron never donated to charity before then) and yeah he's was free agent so he had every right to exercise his options and choose another team but you don't go on national television and slap your hometown in the face like that. He was a god there. That town never got anything good thrown there way like lebron James. I mean he had a chance to be a real life hero to those people and he sells them out. I don't care how many rings he gets with Miami, if he would've brought just one ring to Cleveland he would've never had to win another single accolade ever again, there would be no hate on lebron, nothing. We really would've "Witnessed" "The chosen one"

Biggest BS statement I've read on here in a minute. There would be no hate for Lebron? Really? So you're telling me he wasn't getting hated on by a CERTAIN fan base before ANY connection with Lebron and Miami was ever made??? Go back to the Niketalk archives man. You'll see he DEFINITELY was getting hate.

Kobe has gotten hated on by the Lebron,McGrady, Jordan fan bases and team fan bases

Last edited:

He was getting minuscule hate compared to what he was getting right now. The hate stemed from what he was suppose to be "the chosen one" and wearing number 23 and the whole powder ritual. People just wanted to knitpic at small things but his game was never really in question until he started getting pieces around him that maybe could've won him a championship. He took that sorry '07 cavs teams to the finals but couldn't repeat that success in those years following with shaq or Jamison and a couple other decent bums that's when the talks got louder. He couldn't handle the pressure it comes with being the main option on a team day in and day out so he takes his talents to south beach to team up with a perennial all star and NBA champion and up and coming forward to cushion for him. Smh

Last edited:
There will always be hate on LeBron because he's one of the league's best. Just like how there's hate on Kobe, Wade, Melo, Russy, etc.

lebron hate is on another level though. like its crazy how much people go out of their way to hate on a man doing his job.
The most hate i have seen about kobe is from his rape trial thing. But i mean come on how could you hate on Kobe or Lebron. They are just to crazy good and fun to watch

He was getting minuscule hate compared to what he was getting right now. The hate stemed from what he was suppose to be "the chosen one" and wearing number 23 and the whole powder ritual. People just wanted to knitpic at small things but his game was never really in question until he started getting pieces around him that maybe could've won him a championship. He took that sorry '07 cavs teams to the finals but couldn't repeat that success in those years following with shaq or Jamison and a couple other decent bums that's when the talks got louder. He couldn't handle the pressure it comes with being the main option on a team day in and day out so he takes his talents to south beach to team up with a perennial all star and NBA champion and up and coming forward to cushion for him. Smh

WOW, you stay saying the funniest things. You're really asking and was expecting him to continue to get to the Finals with that bum squad??? Oh my bad, with the addition of the "great" antawn Jamison???? Man just stop already. You can't be serious.

And each of them still had a ring or some rings before their lean years. What where Duncan's lean years with the Spurs by the way, and when did he ever give the notion that he'd leave? I wouldn't hold me breathe for that answer. I'll give you Wade, cause the Heat definitely had some struggles. And would've had every right to leave if he wanted. But the opportunity to have Bosh and Lebron on the Heat? Hmmm, how long did it take for him to decide to stay put :rolleyes? Kobe was never gonna leave the Lakers, yet the Lakers front office were gonna do their damnest to make sure they did everything to have the right pieces around him. The greatest case for Kobe to leave LAL would be right now, but that wouldn't be under his own terms or reasons either.

he was thinking of leaving 2000? when tmac and grant joined orl. doc and gabriel went all out to try and lure him and grant. duncan was very interested (he even said it later in his career that he was "REAL close") as robinson and elliot were nearing their end, and the attraction to play with grant (in his prime, he was a top 5 player) was a big key. i think they had the same agent and they were pretty close already. remember magic basically gave away their first rd draft picks and corey maggette cause they were betting on signing big time players.
Yep, he was close to signing with Orlando and Pop had to beg him to stay.

WOW, you stay saying the funniest things. You're really asking and was expecting him to continue to get to the Finals with that bum squad??? Oh my bad, with the addition of the "great" antawn Jamison???? Man just stop already. You can't be serious.

I said descent bums! It's no secret that they weren't superstars but those dudes weren't absolute scrubs like always being implied. He had a way better line up '10 season than he had his whole time in Cleveland, am I wrong? I mean they were one series away from the finals that year

Last edited:
I said descent bums! It's no secret that they weren't superstars but those dudes weren't absolute scrubs like always being implied. He had a way better line up '10 season than he had his whole time in Cleveland, am I wrong? I mean they were one series away from the finals that year

Again, you're basically expecting Bron to get in with that BUM lineup though no? And no his team was not WAY better. EVERY one of them Cleveland teams were bums and just seeing them listed on as an NBA Finals team would've been shocking yet you're expecting Bron to be in there every year with those guys. Yeah oookay.

Yes it is vice versa.

You may not see it from your perspective

You're a T-Mac fan, so you hated on Kobe because you were.

It's foolish to act like one fan base hates but no others do.

I already went over this with you NUMEROUS times.

The KOBE fan base is the ONLY fan base to have hated on EVERY wing player that wasn't named Kobe. Did you see legions of AI fans hating on Tmac? Or Bron? Or Tmac fans hating on Bron? Wade? Or Wade fans hating on Tmac? Bron?...the list goes on. Like i've said NUMEROUS times, you only need to go back to the Niketalk archives to see all the hate threads for a Tmac, Bron, Wade and see WHICH fan base started them.

Edit: Oh and you don't know ish if you think I "hated" On Kobe because I'm a Mac fan. I hated on Kobe EVER since he became a Laker because I was NEVER a LA Laker supporter. I hated on the Lakers before i ever heard of a Kobe Bryant. Never rooted for Showtime and DAMN sure hated Nick and Eddie when they were Lakers. So NO, i didn't hate on Kobe because I'm a Mac fan. However, I can see why a Mac fan would since Kobe fans are the ones that ALWAYS start the hating first just like they have with Bron now.

Last edited:
Almost leaving is not leaving tho

Exactly.

I never had a problem with Lebron leaving it was all the theatrics that came with

This too. Had he not done that (and played a part in what was pretty much a big Heat pep rally), no one would have had any problem, other than them possibly beating their teams. So when you think about it, after all this time, all the Lebron detractors are mad about a televised announcement of a FA destination, and a pep rally. How silly does that sound?

Last edited:
Yes it is vice versa.

You may not see it from your perspective

You're a T-Mac fan, so you hated on Kobe because you were.

It's foolish to act like one fan base hates but no others do.

I already went over this with you NUMEROUS times.

The KOBE fan base is the ONLY fan base to have hated on EVERY wing player that wasn't named Kobe. Did you see legions of AI fans hating on Tmac? Or Bron? Or Tmac fans hating on Bron? Wade? Or Wade fans hating on Tmac? Bron?...the list goes on. Like i've said NUMEROUS times, you only need to go back to the Niketalk archives to see all the hate threads for a Tmac, Bron, Wade and see WHICH fan base started them.

Dude you're wrong

Yes I've seen all those fan bases hate on each other

Just recently I've seen Wade Stans hate on Lebron's 2009 MVP season

All great player fanbases hate on each other...it flat out foolish to say otherwise

i don't think Lebron can keep up the pace, but this is greatness

Magic at 28 5 Rings, 3 Finals MVP, 1 MVP

Bird at 28 3 Rings, 2 Finals MVP, 3 MVP

Last edited:
The lebron hate pre decision was average star hate. Everyones not gonna like u plain n simple. But after he copped out alot of people lost respect for him but he did that im pretty sure he doesnt care but it is what it is. Dont make it seem like in cle he was jus this hated person n every other player was loved.

Exactly.
This too. Had he not done that (and played a part in what was pretty much a big Heat pep rally), no one would have had any problem, other than them possibly beating their teams. So when you think about it, after all this time, all the Lebron detractors are mad about a televised announcement of a FA destination, and a pep rally. How silly does that sound?

Its silly to say you don't like how your favorite sport turned hollywood

When you remember the days when players actually were rivals and not actors in a sit-com

You can't be serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom