OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Knicks got a steal with Mitchell Robinson. Outside of John Collins he was the best big in summer league. Knox also led all rookies in points :pimp:

For once the Knicks might be on to something.

screenshot_20180715-161829-jpg.2147598

If we being honest , the ppl in power not really trying look out for black kids like that ...it’s a reason baseball does that for their prospects ...
This the same reason they set up academies and a farm system for kids in third world countries?

Knicks got a steal with Mitchell Robinson. Outside of John Collins he was the best big in summer league. Knox also led all rookies in points :pimp:

For once the Knicks might be on to something.
Wore my Knicks T-shirt to the gym today and was ready to throw hands with any trash talkers

Ah. Then I"m curious what the reason baseball does that for their prospects. Maybe fill me in?
This the NBA prospect thread so not gon get into it too much ...but pretty much it’s cool for the kids in baseball to have good options, the NBA cats not so much ...if you can’t figure out what the difference is beetween the types of prospects playing these sports then Idk what to tell u ...

Someone on SL broadcast brought up the idea that hockey and other leagues have where a team can draft a prospect but that athlete can stay in school to continue to develop. Don't know how the details could be ironed out but more freedom and more options seem to always be a positive

Thing is even with baseball and hockey drafted players aren't getting $$$$$ until they sign their contracts. And you can't sign a contract and then go back to school. So yeah the NBA could theoretically allow players to be drafted and then go back to school, but they would need to pass up on instant millions and risk any potential injuries. Hockey and baseball players can afford to do that because they aren't seeing the kind of money NBA players do from day 1. The only way it could work would be with a more fleshed out minor league system like hockey and baseball have. That's where they have the biggest advantage.

Zhaire proving me right that he's an elite athlete but doesn't have any actual basketball skills.

Zhaire proving me right that he's an elite athlete but doesn't have any actual basketball skills.

He’s got a nice looking shot and he’s great at cutting backdoor which will work a hell of a lot better with Ben Simmons than Demetrius Jackson’s black hole self. He just isn’t assertive right now AT ALL. There will be so many possessions he just hides in a corner and watches the trash dudes on his SL team do whatever they want. And then he’ll finally get the ball and end up passing it right back. Really, really annoying.

If the Spurs want him in a Kawhi trade they can take him as soon as those 30 days since he signed that contract are up.

He’s got a nice looking shot and he’s great at cutting backdoor which will work a hell of a lot better with Ben Simmons than Demetrius Jackson’s black hole self. He just isn’t assertive right now AT ALL. There will be so many possessions he just hides in a corner and watches the trash dudes on his SL team do whatever they want. And then he’ll finally get the ball and end up passing it right back. Really, really annoying.

If the Spurs want him in a Kawhi trade they can take him as soon as those 30 days since he signed that contract are up.
Yeah I mean, I wouldn't think twice about trading him for Kawhi if the Spurs wanted him.

I prefer Lonnie to Zhaire as far as the elite athletes with questionable basketball skills go. Lonnie at least looks like he's aggressive.

Zhaire is ultra aggressive he just has no refinement right now

Hopefully he can at least be a Jonathan Simmons his first few years.. his defensive effort was very impressive in summer league

Zhaire is ultra aggressive he just has no refinement right now

Hopefully he can at least be a Jonathan Simmons his first few years.. his defensive effort was very impressive in summer league

We have very different opinions of what is “ultra aggressive” then

Dude seriously just stood in a corner waiting for somebody to pass him the ball 90% of the time

We have very different opinions of what is “ultra aggressive” then

Dude seriously just stood in a corner waiting for somebody to pass him the ball 90% of the time
He recklessly takes it to the hoop and doesn’t draw fouls nor get close to converting. That was his first three shots last night. He probably got discouraged

Regardless he is lacking skill and will have a difficult time creating for himself this season. I think he can still be effective in a bench role hopefully sharing time with Simmons who can get him out in transition

Back
Top Bottom