OFFICIAL NBA 2018 NBA Draft & Rookie Thread: NT SL Represent!

Who won Draft night?

• PHX - Deandre & Mikal

• LAL - Wagner & Not Drafting Galo Ball

• PHI - Z. Smith, Shamet & Unprotected MIA 2021

• BOS - Rob Williams

• DAL - Luka & Little Greek

• DEN - MPJ at 16

• SAS - Lonnie Walker

• Adrian Wojnarowski's Vocabulary

• NYK - Knox & Mitchell Robinson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Plenty of wings out there cant shoot. You still need to defend. No one's saying he's a starter, but why cant he have a Tony Allen type career? He's arguably the best defensive guard/wing in the draft as is. What kind of value do you expect to get in the 2nd round? For a freshman, i'll use a 2nd rounder on him w/o hesitating.

And Tony Allen been obsolete since the Warriors put Bogut on him. MKG getting off on rep for YEARS. Roberson is a great defender but he’s still a detriment on offense. Didn’t Kentucky play a lot of zone as well?

Bigs can get away with not being able to shoot.
Playmakers can’t get away with not being able to shoot. It still will catch up with you.

Wings? Nope.

Metu and Alkins as second round picks could be a lot worse, solid value

Metu if turns his motor on for a few years could steal money

Alkins could be a nice energy defender off the bench, reach his ceiling and see him become a 3 and D

Feelings on holiday already documented

Don't think Hami's mental struggles are just BB IQ. He is just seems generally clueless. Good kid, but very slow learner. But Cal loves those projects who are great athletes but just are lost. Poythress, SKJ, Marcus Lee, Hami, Goodwin, etc. Only one that managed to figure out what to do was WCS. All great athletes but not good players.

Did MPJ stock solely drop because of the injury and not playing much at all in college? Or is it something else scouts are seeing that causes him not to be a #1 pick like he originally listed before the college season?

Does anyone consider this like the Embiid situation? Kyrie situation? The talent is there, but the injuries/plus lack of college tape is hurting him? I need answers on MPJ because I'm scared.

In my eyes, it's just the injury... I think it'll require enough workouts and positive talk for people to start shaking it. I know he missed a lot of time so his conditioning probably wasn't there, but my last glimpse of him was barely elevating for that layup when he came back. I liked him a lot.. still do.. just depends on his health.

And mother of god at Bamba with a 7'10" wingspan... he is clearly the next candidate in OKB's GFH club.

I have my concerns with Luka, but it's really hard to argue against his production at that level at his age. If I'm Phoenix, I think I get scared into taking Ayton just because I think he's the more sure prospect.

Didn't Diallo turn heads at the combine last year and was getting mid-late first round love?

what was the point of going back to UK?

@jsindaa would have had fun with that Poor Man's Lonzo comment for Luka :lol:

It's been a wild day

Luka seemed so ready to come over from that long ESPN article a few months back. He seemed like he wanted to embrace living in America. Phoenix and Sacramento must disgust him or something

@jsindaa would have had fun with that Poor Man's Lonzo comment for Luka :lol:

It's been a wild day

Luka seemed so ready to come over from that long ESPN article a few months back. He seemed like he wanted to embrace living in America. Phoenix and Sacramento must disgust him or something
Probably wishes he could have come out last year with three “major” markets having top 3 picks.

Phoenix, Sacramento, Atlanta (not bad but not known for b-ball) and Memphis. Not good looks if he’s on that Rubio motif of wanting a “big market”

Dude either trying to be ultra focused on the Final Four and polite to his club team or he's trying to finesse his way into having the pick traded to a city he likes

Guess he's not picking up his National Team Coach's phone calls :lol: leaving him on read and ****

Back
Top Bottom