>Official NBA 2K14: Join NTers @ 2K Park IF Next Gen + General Tips/Discussion

Ja's 2¢

formerly vcshoxj6
View media item 976764View media item 976765
LeBron James partners with Nike Basketball to create new integration between footwear innovation and next-generation gaming.

Honoring LeBron James’s current NBA2K14 game cover, Nike Basketball created a limited edition 2K14 version of the LEBRON 11. Limited to 2,014 pairs, gamers channeled their inner LeBron James as they competed in the game. The LEBRON 11 is the first-ever physical basketball shoe that could be earned through game play.

EARNED, NOT GIVEN

In order to unlock the shoe, NBA2K14 gamers had to reach several milestones during their in-game journey that included winning 60 games and creating a signature shoe in the Nike Innovation Kitchen within the game. Reaching the milestones took approximately 80 hours.

INNOVATION MEETS INSPIRATION

Driven by performance innovation and inspired by a lion, the LEBRON 11 2K14 features a jungle cat print throughout with a deep red upper symbolizing the heart of a lion. The LEBRON 11 is the lightest and lowest LeBron signature shoe ever, weighing approximately 14.5 ounces in a men’s size 9.

SPECIAL DELIVERY

Select winners of MyPlayer mode will receive communication tonight on shipping details and will receive the surprise shoe in the weeks to come.

[COLOR=#red]NEW UBER TRAILER[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]NEXT GEN PRESENTATION SUMMARY[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#red]Graphics/Details:[/COLOR]
  • Art director Anton Dawson talking about the thousands of little things. Had to change materials in game: vinyl, wood, cotton.
  • Level of detail showcased in clip with arena angles, behind backboards, cameramen, cords. mics etc. Level of detail is stunning.
  • Even the rim has scuffs. Looks like 2k took each arena and really upgrades them.
  • No warmup outfit for bench players. Crowd much improved.
  • NBA today is brand new. Video highlights from previous days games. Menu looks like a scoreboard w/ all games
  • Graphics look great in my player.

[COLOR=#red]Game Mechanics/Animation:[/COLOR]
  • Points of Emphasis system (Old NCAA2k feature) added to game: Adaptable AI on fly in game, Coaches relay adjustments on timeouts.
  • Major emphasis on foot planting in next gen and how next gen helps us improve it beyond any sports game experience in history.
  • Talking about Ecomotion. Foot planting. No sliding or phantom steps. Showed difference between cur and next gen.
  • This "feels completely different" than any other 2K game has felt before. Physics of movement completely lifelike.
  • New animation system. Guys will have real life wingspans. New KD shoes look great.
  • Coach will adapt to what is happening in the game. So game plans will dynamically change based on what other teams are doing.
  • Animation synthesis. Animation will change based on circumstances. If KD takes a shot and D is guarding him tight, animation will change.
  • The game feels alive. For example, a shooter won't land the same way two times. Animation will adapt to the situation. Truly incredible.
  • Emotion Plus allows emotions to translate into performance. This will affect players.

[COLOR=#red]MyPlayer/MyGM:[/COLOR]
  • Your MyPlayer becomes GM. Has unique attributes on how you react with owners, players and the world around you. Also manage player attitudes and have discussions with individual players.
  • "MyGM is a cerebral experience. Every decision changes the world around you. GM has attributes and special abilities."
  • In MyGM includes conversations. You have to ***** the emotional intelligence of the person you're talking too.
  • "Conversation engine that remembers everything you do and may throw it back in your face at a later date."
  • You will get fired from the owner if you don't maintain harmony in org., locker room and fan base. Revolutionizes what franchise mode is.
  • "We have built a completely new experience for franchise players. All your day to day experiences have no right or wrong answers."
  • Rookie showcase is still the way you are drafted.
  • Complete, new cut scenes in MyCAREER. Team captured hundreds and hundreds of scenes. A rival, agent, buddies and a compete cast of characters.
  • 49 hrs of gameplay in first year of my career. Cutscenes look great.
  • When you're not balling in MyCAREER, you can hang out with hundreds of MyPlayers in the Park.
  • Open field of courts shown with hundreds of MyPlayers playing.
  • Don’t panic yet but my gm reminds me of ccm and I Hate ccm mode on madden. Didn’t see an option for playing franchise or season..

LeBron James Named Cover Athlete for NBA 2K14

"King James" Bonus Pre-Order Pack

Welcome NBA 2K14 cover athlete LeBron James as he introduces the world to the King James Bonus Pack.
The King James Bonus Pack is available when you pre-order NBA 2K14 for the PS3 and/or Xbox 360. This includes:
  • Bonus content for Path To Greatness Mode
  • LeBron James unlocked in Blacktop Mode
  • LeBron James Signature Skill
  • 10,000 Virtual Currency

NBA 2K14's cover athlete is Miami Heat frontman Lebron James. It's the first video game to feature James on the cover, and the star will play some role in a new mode called "Pass to Greatness."

All pre-orders on Xbox 360 and PS3 will receive the King James Bonus Pack DLC: an extra 10,000 virtual currency, extra content for "Pass to Greatness" mode, instant unlock of Lebron James in Blacktop mode and a Lebron James signature skill for MyPlayer mode.

NBA 2K14 will be available for Xbox 360 and PS3 on October 1; Xbox One and PS4 versions release date TBD.

[COLOR=#red]NEXT GEN (One/PS4) REVEAL TRAILER:[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Comparison Shot:
Real / Next Gen / 2K13[/COLOR]

View media item 451194

PRE-ORDER NOW EVERYWHERE:
Amazon NBA 2K14 + Bonus Pack
Gamestop NBA 2K14 + Bonus Pack
Bestbuy NBA2K14 + Bonus Pack
Wal-Mart NBA 2K14 + Bonus Pack

[COLOR=#red]NBA 2K14 Official Soundtrack REVEALED as Chosen by LeBron James:[/COLOR]
Lebron James Is Picking The Music For NBA2K ’14

ATLANTA (AP) — LeBron James is taking some of his talents during the offseason to a best-selling basketball video game franchise as a music curator.

2K Sports announced Friday that the two-time NBA champion of the Miami Heat selected 20 songs for the soundtrack of the upcoming “NBA 2K14.” The league’s four-time MVP is also the cover athlete of the popular video game.

James said in a statement he is honored to be the first cover athlete to choose songs for the soundtrack. He follows his friend and Grammy-winning rapper Jay-Z, who was the executive producer of the last year’s installment that sold more than 4.5 million copies.

“2K is letting me take control of some important elements in NBA 2K14, including this year’s soundtrack,” James said. “I love that I’m the first NBA 2K cover athlete to choose the soundtrack.”

Track List/Listen Here:
  • Big Krit, Cool 2 be Southern
  • Cris Cab, Paradise (On Earth)
  • Coldplay, Lost!
  • Daft Punk (feat. Pharrell Williams), Get Lucky
  • Drake, Started From The Bottom
  • Eminem, Not Afraid
  • Fly Union, Long Run
  • Gorillaz, Clint Eastwood
  • Imagine Dragons, Radioactive
  • Jada Kiss (feat. Ayanna Irish), Can't Stop Me
  • Jay Z, The Ruler's Back
  • John Legend (feat. Rick Ross), Who Do We Think We Are
  • Kanye West, All Of The Lights
  • Kendrick Lamar, Now Or Never
  • Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (feat. Ray Dalton), Can't Hold Us
  • Nas (feat. Puff Daddy), Hate Me Now
  • Phil Collins, In The Air Tonight
  • Robin Thicke (feat. Pharrell), Blurred Lines
  • The Black Keys, Elevator
  • The Black Keys, Howlin For You

James is the first solo cover athlete to cover the game in two years since Michael Jordan. The game is expected to go on sale Oct. 1.

[COLOR=#red]PRESS RELEASE FOR XBOX 360, Playstation 3: (Next Gen Features Announcement Coming Soon)

The NBA[emoji]174[/emoji] 2K14 development team has been busy this Summer working to deliver on the promise of greatness that fans have come to expect for not one, but two, different generations of consoles. Today 2K is releasing a high-flying feature list along with highlights of several core gameplay improvements coming to NBA 2K14 on current generation platforms. With LeBron James, the king of basketball, at the helm, 2K is continuing to strive for greatness and NBA 2K14 will once again be second to none.

Below is a preview of some of the new features and core gameplay improvements fans will experience in NBA 2K14 with current generation platforms (Xbox 360, PS3) and PC, available on October 1, 2013.

[COLOR=#red]Highlight Features:
[/color]

• Crews - The single-most requested game mode is back! Face off against opposing crews online using your MyPLAYER. Create your logo and face off in 5v5 battles with other crews featuring leaderboards and stats. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)
  • Euroleague - Exclusive to NBA 2K14 - play with 14 of the top European teams, featuring authentic uniforms and players.
  • Dynamic Living Rosters[emoji]174[/emoji] powered by Stats, Inc. - Player attributes and tendencies automatically update daily to reflect true life hot and cold streaks. Now, each game played in the NBA can have an effect on your game.
  • King James Soundtrack - Featuring artists and tracks hand-picked by LeBron James, including JAY Z, Eminem, The Black Keys, Daft Punk, and many more.
  • MyTEAM - Back and better than ever, with new player modes, multi and single player tournaments, and much more. (PS3 & Xbox 360 only)

[COLOR=#red]Key Gameplay Features
[/color]

• Pro Stick[emoji]8482[/emoji] – Throw down show-stopping moves, pull off intricate shots, and toss flashy no-look passes with deadly accuracy with Pro Stick control. Easily the most intuitive basketball controls ever implemented.
  • 2K Smart Play Button –Quickly call the most suitable play for the context of the game by simply holding a single button.
  • Improved Player Motion System – With an all new motion system, player movement is much smoother on both ends of the floor, while also allowing for much more explosive cuts and tighter control.
  • Depth of Content – With significant upgrades in nearly every aspect of the game, both on and off the court, NBA 2K14 boasts more animation content than any previous basketball title, and includes more than 3000 new animations.

[COLOR=#red]General Gameplay Improvements:
[/color]

• Signature Skills – Six new Signature Skills, ensuring each NBA player's unique abilities are represented in the most authentic way possible.
  • Playbook and Play System enhancements – The deepest and most authentic playbook gets even deeper. Execute new half-court sets, experience improved spacing logic, and run updated team specific plays.
  • More Signature Styles - New jump shots, dunk and layup packages, dribble moves, free throws, pre-game intros, getbacks, celebrations and more.

[COLOR=#red]Offensive Control Improvements
[/color]

• Shot System Upgrades – More realistic footwork on jump shots, improved awareness in shot selection, and a variety of new shot types.
  • Whether you use the new intuitive Pro Stick[emoji]8482[/emoji] or the enhanced Smart Shot Button, attacking the rim is now more exciting than ever.
  • Dribbling Advancements - Upgraded dribble movement and new branching technology give you much greater 1-to-1 control over the ball handler.
  • Enhanced Passing – More accurate pass targeting, new give and go mechanics, better handoffs, and an entire arsenal of new flashy passes.

[COLOR=#red]Defensive Improvements
[/color]

• Learning Defensive A.I. – Test your skills even further with new defensive AI that sees where the offense is being successful and adjusts strategy to take those advantages away.
  • Block Improvements – The block system has been completely revamped for NBA 2K14 with improved ball targeting and awareness, more realistic physics, and more responsive control. All new player collisions, the ability to block dunks, and more appropriate shot contests make playing defense much more fun and rewarding.
  • All New Ball Denial - No more getting stuck during off ball bumps and ball denial, allowing for complete freedom of control over your players away from the ball.
  • Enhanced dribbler vs. on-ball defender contact - Defenders can now initiate steals, hard bumps, and charges out of defensive rides, making locking up players on defense a much more engaging experience.
  • Expanded Defensive Commands – New commands using the right stick: including contesting shots, contesting passes, and denying or pressuring the ball.

[COLOR=#red]Returning Features Include:
[/color]
  • MyCAREER
  • The Association
  • The Association: Online
  • Training Camp
  • Season
  • Playoffs
  • Practice
  • NBA Blacktop
  • MyPLAYER Blacktop
  • Team Up

[COLOR=#red]Next Gen TV SPOT:
[/color]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJoyobk0tVM

Last edited:
hyped for the game. Seeing the graphics on that trailer sealed the deal on me getting a next gen console for this game.

Compare that to NBA Live 14's trailer and you wonder why EA keeps trying to revive their basketball franchise:

hyped for the game. Seeing the graphics on that trailer sealed the deal on me getting a next gen console for this game.

Compare that to NBA Live 14's trailer and you wonder why EA keeps trying to revive their basketball franchise:

I could ask every player "do you even lift bro".

DJ with some chicken legs.

I hope the PC version doesn't get absolutely shafted this time around.

People on twitter were saying it looks terrible and like 2k13... WTF were they talking about? Looks amazing.

Not realistic :smh:

LeBron wouldn't be caught dead on the court without his headband

Will cop like I always do, but I hope they start off on the right foot and do something to combat the cheesing.

i feel like i will be wasting money to buy the ps3 version cop the ps4 then cop the next gen version.

i feel like i will be wasting money to buy the ps3 version cop the ps4 then cop the next gen version.

I feel the same way. I pre-ordered a PS4, but that month (at least) between 2K dropping and me getting my console will suck.

They've got some **** to fix... ie all the automated animations...

But Live still looks terrible so it may just be 2K by default.

At least the next gen looks great

as an aside, can we drop the "2K" thing. It made sense 2K-2k9. Now it is just replacing one 0...

Back
Top Bottom