OFFICIAL NBA 2k16 Thread | Available Now

The different animations you get for jump shots is pretty cool in game. Not so cool during practice though. All I want to do is practice my 3s and stay behind the line but this dude wants to walk around with his follow through
i was heated at this yesterday.  I'm  trying to practice shooting and this dude keeps prancing and hopping around like Nick Young while i'm chucking up bricks

mad.gif

I always thought you could leave it on "Default" and set it to "Freelance" and the team would won its own set whether its 3-2 out or whatever it may be. I think this is why my freelance wasn't working properly. I've been choosing which halfcourt set to run for each team now with the "Freelance" turned on and things work perfectly. So, I'm just sticking to that whether that's the correct way to do it or not :lol:

What difficulty are you playing on? I just leave it on Pro...I told myself I was done throwing controllers when I turned 16. Highest difficulty makes me feel like I really lost an NBA game sometimes.:lol:

im on pro too im bout to bump it up bc its too easy....im 17-0 with the Hornets

What difficulty are you playing on? I just leave it on Pro...I told myself I was done throwing controllers when I turned 16. Highest difficulty makes me feel like I really lost an NBA game sometimes.:lol:

im on pro too im bout to bump it up bc its too easy....im 17-0 with the Hornets
Yeah, I might have to too. I haven't finished the first season yet. 17-0 is ridiculous.:lol:

Loooooong time 2K fan, anybody else feel the is more "mature" & less arcadey? Even in the park feels like if u and ur guys click no one man team can take yall off......park run later anybody?

6'7 SF lock down athletic..need a big and a shooter

Last edited:
Does Durant ever miss? Playing against him in the semi finals...Knew this would happen. A whole team winning off of ONE MAN.

Does Durant ever miss? Playing against him in the semi finals...Knew this would happen. A whole team winning off of ONE MAN.
He murdered my twolves. Tried to get into a shooting contest with him and keep it close but between him, russ and my punk coach benching me for an entire half when i had over 20 at halftime we were screwed 
mean.gif

man what is up with this game? or do i just suck...

im missing lay ups, wide open jumpers...its impossible to score...

everything seems to go in and out....everything is turned over...its like these guys dribbling off their feet every two seconds..everything is blocked (already talked about here)...and hella fouls...

everyone i play with online all they do is wait around until an open jumper is available mid range and shoot...then come down and run around and wait for an open mid range jumper....its like everything is calculated to shoot an open jumper rather than enjoy the game and do a variable amount of stuff...

i usually play a big man and low post, its almost impossible, duncan gets stripped every time and his hooks or low post moves dont work and he gets blocked...

i probably just suck...any tips? do i really need to learn everyones release at every spot on the court before i can score?

I can only speak for online but a couple tips:

You gotta give ball handlers space so you can cut off their drives. If you're too close, that's when they can dribble by you for that mid range jumper. Give them some cushion and don't fall for any of the fancy dribbling. React to which way they actually drive - if you're a tiny bit late, you can recover. If you're trying to guess or completely cut them off, that's when you get juked completely and give them an open shot. Remember, your goal isn't to block jump shots - just contest them or be in the area.

For the most part, you can tell which way they're going to drive just based on the alignment of the floor. Try to force them into the side of the floor that's more crowded. Subtly - nothing overly aggressive.

For offense:

If you're dribbling in traffic or if you stop in the paint while it's crowded, you're probably gonna lose it. Same with those passes that used to work where someone is right behind dude. Got to be careful. Especially online where people are swiping and doubling all the time.

The post is just like real life. If you can't get the floor spread out before you start posting, call any of the plays that say "Punch". It'll get the floor balanced enough to properly post up. You really got to be ready for doubles though. If the floor is balanced, you can make them pay. Deep position, quick moves and don't hesitate to pass out if someone is creeping. Pump fakes normally get the CPU if someone is playing off the ball exclusively.

You'll get it. You just gotta be patient against these jabronis online. Running plays and the freelance offense makes things 100x easier.

man what is up with this game? or do i just suck...

im missing lay ups, wide open jumpers...its impossible to score...

i probably just suck...any tips? do i really need to learn everyones release at every spot on the court before i can score?
Go into Practice mode and learn the game. You just aren't good at this point. It is ok though, the game has only been out for 11 days. You will get better with time.

Practice mode free style

Practice mode scrimmage

So many resources

Check out the videos from : https://www.youtube.com/user/precise40/videos

He murdered my twolves. Tried to get into a shooting contest with him and keep it close but between him, russ and my punk coach benching me for an entire half when i had over 20 at halftime we were screwed :smh:
Even worse, Russ got traded off. It's Durant and like two outside shooters. They're lighting me up. I held Durant first quarter like oh this isn't bad. Second quarter, he suddenly started playing for real

View media item 1737216

:lol: i play normally on Superstar but once i saw the BS the computer does on that difficulty, i went down to All Star lol. Cpu still does some crazy stuff but not as often. Pro & rookie too easy

Myteam kills mycareer in this game.
Starting 5:
Bledsoe
PG13
Kawhi
Love
Gobert
Gobert is a monster on the defensive end in this game. Dude gets me like seven blocks per game.
I have kristaps coming off the bench and he's groovy from almost everywhere on the court.

The soundtrack on this game is :pimp:

It may rival the GOAT video game soundtrack....live 2003 :lol:

90s NY Hip Hip and Basketball seem to mesh so well together. I even find myself loving the Pop and foreign music. Anybody know that song with the Japanese dude that sounds like R. Kelly? That joint goes :lol:

Can you set defensive assignments when you are in MyPlayer?
Can you? I don't believe so. You're assigned to whoever the coach gives you. You leave your assignment, your grade goes down smh unless the computer picks up on your man, and if you pick up on his, and your man scores you STILL lose points. I'm stopping Durant game 2, tons of blocks and taking advantage when he's on the bench. But doing this for 7 games? Man.....

The soundtrack on this game is :pimp:

It may rival the GOAT video game soundtrack....live 2003 :lol:

90s NY Hip Hip and Basketball seem to mesh so well together. I even find myself loving the Pop and foreign music. Anybody know that song with the Japanese dude that sounds like R. Kelly? That joint goes :lol:
Dynamic Duo - AEAO. Premier hit that perfect with the sample. I wish I found it lol. I downloaded that track. Chorus is FIRE.

Soundtrack is fire though, I heard "We Dem Boyz" anD I was like View media item 1737351

Just played this cheeser. I doubled his Kobe and he had NO idea what to do. Dude quit LATE into the game

I will post some Bledsoe clips

Just Bledsoe highlights, I blew dude out so I didn't bother showing his highlights

NBA 2K16: (10/05/2015) DCAllAmerican (Suns) vs. The Punisher301 (Lakers) - YouTube

Last edited:
Up 3-1 in finals against Thunder. Been shutting down the whOle team. Splash brothers still injured, but putting in work nonetheless. I wish you could practice during finals, this is wack. I got about 50k VC stashed, though.

Just copped yesterday. They even had a early tip off edition left at the store. PSN: KingJosef10

Back
Top Bottom