OFFICIAL NBA 2k16 Thread | Available Now

My 2k file is randomly corrupted now and I can't play MyLeague.. Sports game always pull off this bull..

This is why I've been on a 2K hiatus since March.............that and the Knicks were sucking back then, so I had no motivation to play the Knicks at all on 2K.

You're better off taking the L, and go on hiatus until 2K17 comes out

People who always say to make sure you have a backup file just in case your original file get corrupted.. That's doesn't work because both files are corrupted..

People who always say to make sure you have a backup file just in case your original file get corrupted.. That's doesn't work because both files are corrupted..
Then they tell you to reinstall the game.............and if that fails, they tell you to do a complete reset of your PS4 console (meaning you return your PS4 back to "stock" status when you first bought it).

**** that, if it gets to the point where I have to reset my entire PS4 console..........that game will just sit and collect dust instead until I can replace it for next year's edition. 

I ain't got time for that noise, man

Last edited:
Still enjoying this game. Offline franchise mode. Playing with OKC. Just hitting the ASG.

Player lock with the PG position.

Westbrook and KD made the ASG

KD made the 3PT contest.

Can't wait until Summer League

Started playing this **** again after getting tied up with uncharted and the show I forgot how ******* annoying this **** was the passing and dribbling in traffic are awful

Started playing this **** again after getting tied up with uncharted and the show I forgot how ******* annoying this **** was the passing and dribbling in traffic are awful

Laughable how bad it is. Regardless of what anyone says the most fun I've had playing video game basketball in a while was lives pro am. **** was fun as hell

Last edited:
My 2k file is randomly corrupted now and I can't play MyLeague.. Sports game always pull off this bull..
I am hoping this doesn't happen to me. I accidentally touched the power OFF button when I was saving a Franchise File.  The file was OK though.

What are your suggestions in improving this?

Because SOMETHING has to be done to eliminate the potential cheese. So that is why the dribbling and passing in traffic has to be so strict.

But how should it be in your opinion?

Can't even hit a simple spin move, with space, without fumbling the rock and your player acting like a lost child instead of just picking it back up :smh: The lag in MyPark... Jesus. That's why I never play it. That and my guy is 6'8 but always gets matched up with a 7 footer who is 99 OVR :stoneface:

Yea, I don't even bother attempting Spin Moves. Pointless in this game when anyone is around. 
laugh.gif

But I rarely use them IRL, so I am not "missing out" on anything.

The spin is effective, with the right person, when driving to the basket

Last edited:
Don't understand why my Westbrook clone PG gets locked up by anyone on the opposing team regardless of position or defensive rating. Getting kicked up by Cole Aldrich on the pick and roll **** is annoying as hell

One more thing. Why did they dumb down your teammates in MC? DRose and Jimmy Butler out here averaging 9 pints a game each. No wonder I have to drop 40 a night for us to win. Pau Gasol scared to take that open jumper. Or that corner three he likes. So frustrating.

One more thing. Why did they dumb down your teammates in MC? DRose and Jimmy Butler out here averaging 9 pints a game each. No wonder I have to drop 40 a night for us to win. Pau Gasol scared to take that open jumper. Or that corner three he likes. So frustrating.
Not to defend the game, but a lot of that is because the presence of a human player kills the tendencies of the CPU players IF the human controlled player is freelancing in a way in which the typical player in that position (I am assuming you are a SF: DUnleavy replacement) wouldn't do. So as a result, they are getting less touches, less spacing, less driving lanes, etc.

Again, NOT defending the game, just saying.

It's the help side. Anybody who knows basketball knows if you in help side you have the man rolling to the basket.

playing off the ball P&R is just silly in MC.

Last edited:
Ok. Check out the Pre-rotate settings for each player. That is exactly what those are for. Not sure how the Coach Settings work when playing MyPlayer, but in regular modes, you can set the pre-rotations for each for each offensive opponent you face. It is pretty useful and efficient IMO. Now, the issue that comes from that is the HELPER'S man will then be open after the pre-rotation kicks in. But, that is what a PnR situation is supposed to create

It's the help side. Anybody who knows basketball knows if you in help side you have the man rolling to the basket.

playing off the ball P&R is just silly in MC.
That is half-true. It depends on who you are helping off of. Some coaches might not want you to help off of Klay/Steph in a Draymond/Bogut pNr situation. They might be willing to take their chances in a Bogut as the roll-man action.

So if I want to pre-rotate that defender to help when Bogut rolls, put Pre-Rotate on YES for Bogut.

DC, you've been able to properly execute different PNR defenses without the AI 100% screwing it up for no reason? I can't believe that.

DC, you've been able to properly execute different PNR defenses without the AI 100% screwing it up for no reason? I can't believe that.
Never said that. They are going to make mistakes, the same way real life players make mistakes.

I think the frustration with video game "screw ups" is that we think because we commanded a defensive scheme means that defensive scheme will play out correctly 100% of the time. We know that wouldn't happen IRL, so it isn't fair for us to expect/demand that in the game.

If you have defensive players with capable defensive IQs, they will attempt to follow commands to the best of their ability. But knowing how dynamic a sport basketball is, I don't EXPECT it to happen all the time.

Ibaka is my best weak-side defender. There have been plenty of times where I am talking to him though the TV, "Come on Serge" when he misses an assignment.

I think expectations is what frustates a lot of people that play this game. Honestly, lower them.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with what I said. I said the AI screws up PNR defense for no reason. That doesn't mean I expect perfection.

I'm seriously asking if you can somewhat consistently execute different types of PNR defenses without the AI screwing it up in a stupid way.

Part of realism is making the mistakes realistic too. That's not there defensively AT all. I don't know how you do player lock only.

Back
Top Bottom