Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

FINALLY :evil:

2K on the gooooooooo:nthat: Looks like the Switch got the first batch of updated covers too >D

image1.jpeg

2k matchup settings (pregame) are still ignored going into the game in myleague/myGM. you still have to go in and make changes to matchups in game even though they are set in pre game strategy.

2k matchup settings (pregame) are still ignored going into the game in myleague/myGM. you still have to go in and make changes to matchups in game even though they are set in pre game strategy.
Yep. Same as last year.

They only save after you have played the team already.

No bueno

damb...i didnt even notice it last year.

looks like they fixed the random switiching of assignments though. so bigups to 2k
Some folks are saying they still see it. I can't mess with it until it is confirmed it is fixed. THAT is a gamebreaker

Some folks are saying they still see it. I can't mess with it until it is confirmed it is fixed. THAT is a gamebreaker
it still happens. but its smarter than it was. the problem is, it doesnt stay set to "auto" and let you switch as you see fit. it still sets matchups but it wont place your pg on a small ball 4 based on the lineup. it will slide your SF over to guard the small ball 4 instead.

and if you set your pg to guard the opposing teams sg a la curry guarding roberson, that will remain constant throughout the game

The roster management in MyCareer is still trash. They’ve been starting Daniel Theis at the 4 instead of Tatum since he’s listed as SF/PF. Theis got hurt and they’ve started everyone except Tatum who is currently third of the SF depth chart behind Hayward and Brown.
Also Kyrie went down in the second game. Instead of having Smart start at the 1 and moving me to the starter at the 2( playmaking/slasher sg) my minutes have decreased to 9/10 although I’ve been playing well and I’ve been told twice I’d be getting more minutes.

Back to MyLeague I guess

Anybody use PM/Slashing SF?

If your goal is point forward my suggestion is PM/Slashing SG at 6’8”. You’ll have near max speed and acceleration, and be able to hit the mid range/3pt consistently. The height helps on defense. They’ll insert you mostly at 2/3 and you’ll be allowed to initiate the offense and touch the ball a lot.

2k still hasn’t figured out the point forward archetype at the 3 as you’ll still get stuck at the 4 or 5 occasionally. Defending/Slashing SF worked pretty well at the 3 for me.

If your goal is point forward my suggestion is PM/Slashing SG at 6’8”. You’ll have near max speed and acceleration, and be able to hit the mid range/3pt consistently. The height helps on defense. They’ll insert you mostly at 2/3 and you’ll be allowed to initiate the offense and touch the ball a lot.

2k still hasn’t figured out the point forward archetype at the 3 as you’ll still get stuck at the 4 or 5 occasionally. Defending/Slashing SF worked pretty well at the 3 for me.

tenor (2).gif

Maybe I wasn't paying attention but I never noticed Nike sponsoring the pregame in my career.

it's something they just added, they'll use every opportunity to get those ads in. Expect a Mountain Dew, Resse's Puffs one at some point

The roster management in MyCareer is still trash. They’ve been starting Daniel Theis at the 4 instead of Tatum since he’s listed as SF/PF. Theis got hurt and they’ve started everyone except Tatum who is currently third of the SF depth chart behind Hayward and Brown.
Also Kyrie went down in the second game. Instead of having Smart start at the 1 and moving me to the starter at the 2( playmaking/slasher sg) my minutes have decreased to 9/10 although I’ve been playing well and I’ve been told twice I’d be getting more minutes.

Back to MyLeague I guess

Which is why "Control All 30 Teams" is a must

Back
Top Bottom