Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

Playing with the shot creator a lot more, realized it may be the best way to get your shot right and may take a long time to get right. Trying to get the right form combo, release speed to match a timing that feels natural to me.

yes

But that's all pure speculation as I'm not REALLY sure what the badges do. Are they more of an attribute boost for when your player is specific situations? EX: If I take a contested jumper/layup, the 'Difficult Shots' badge will kick in and increase your chances of making said shot?

badges make a huge difference.

getting better and better with my 6'8 sharpshooting shot creator (sc/ss), but 2k is stingy as hell with the ball handling upgrades. all i need is one more point for pro dribble moves :angry:

I always build a pm/ss PG but looks like that's ranked pretty low in efficiency according to that link posted earlier. Pure or combo ss/sc looks like the move.

I always build a pm/ss PG but looks like that's ranked pretty low in efficiency according to that link posted earlier. Pure or combo ss/sc looks like the move.

that link is weird.

the "most efficient" build is a def/pm......logically, they base badge "efficiency" off which badges you would gain progress towards THE MOST during a normal myplayer game....

meaning,

you have an opportunity to play "good defense" virtually every time the other team has the ball.....so, naturally, def stopper is one of the more efficient badges to gain progress toward.

SCs have bronze def stopper (i think slashers do, too)

This progression stops after 24,000 XP in "play good defense" grades....that's not as efficient as, say, Silver (Gold or HoF)

Logically, Gold is the best, because, the only way to have HoF is a pure build, who have LESS badges overall (and less opportunity for "badge progress" during a game)

Defensive arch first gives you gold defensive badges, which will progress for months of games (when you play good defense)

Putting playmaker second gives you silver (or gold) passing badges. Passing badges give you a chance to progress the badge everytime you PASS THE BALL....

so, logically, the "most efficient" build is one that gives you 4-5 gold badge progressions every time you're on offense OR defense...

HOWEVER

you only scoring consistently on fast breaks with that build.

I have the #2 most efficient build....it's cool. i'm at the point of having to progress post badges i won't use very much outside of maxing the badges...the def/pm has less of "those" badges, but again, scoring is going to be tough, even for the best SFs.

that said

I have done a 180 on "researching builds" you kinda just gotta come up with an innovative way to use a build. Looking up attribute caps and badges IS the wave, but listening to anyone else outside of the raw data.....isn't a very great idea.

I now have 4 builds and i'm going to try to stick to that.

two more vids...

lol @ blockparty 3

Idk I haven’t had any problems with layups. I only miss when I rush. I just Time the release with the height of my jump

Welp.... 2k strikes again. We're number one in the conference, tied for number 1 in the league... And this is what we do

IMG_0932.JPG

bro wtf, they traded Whiteside for Batum on my team, now my team is ***, all the dominating centers are killing my team with offensive rebounds and putbacks.

Haven't watched the video yet, but the bounce pass kills in the PnR.

yeah i noticed you have to bounce into and out of the post. if someone jumps on a pump fake, you cant chest or overhead pass around them (most of the time. sometimes youll get an animation where you throw the pass around them)

it helps to bounce pass out....even though defenders unrealistically intercept bounce passes, they're much more effective.

I've got a bad habit that I picked up in NBA 2K2 of jump passing way to often. Drive the lane, get the big to commit with the jumper and dump it off.

AI has got so much better since 2001, man.:lol:

Still trying to break that. It kills my turnover numbers with dumb interceptions or off target passes.:smh:

think im finally gonna pull the trigger this weekend

homies keep asking me to cop to rock with them but i been holding off since i been busy with madden and fortnite

I've got a bad habit that I picked up in NBA 2K2 of jump passing way to often. Drive the lane, get the big to commit with the jumper and dump it off.

AI has got so much better since 2001, man.:lol:

Still trying to break that. It kills my turnover numbers with dumb interceptions or off target passes.:smh:

yeah the rotation from defense in general is nice. again, when playing for brooklyn, the other team just 5v1 guards me. on golden state? everyone stays home. its iso ball the entire time.

think im finally gonna pull the trigger this weekend

homies keep asking me to cop to rock with them but i been holding off since i been busy with madden and fortnite

pizzo you gonna LOVE the post in 18...its lovely.

These scripted losses are wack AF ...you can tell the games are scripted when the CPU bench players become Demigods in the second half.

Then a dumb cut scene soon follow with Shammy talkin to you greasy although I messed around and gotta triple double.

These scripted losses are wack AF ...you can tell the games are scripted when the CPU bench players become Demigods in the second half.

Then a dumb cut scene soon follow with Shammy talkin to you greasy although I messed around and gotta triple double.
:lol: Yeah that sucks. Finally get good enough to clock some mean stats then here come this foolishness.

pizzo you gonna LOVE the post in 18...its lovely.

that's what i like to hear you already know that's how i like get down with a 4/5 unless i'm a stretch. So its back to bullying ppl down low ?

ima try to catch up on your post and see what you working with out here, i know you actually take the building serious. Im thinking of sticking with the 4 but got no problem going a 5 as well. What you think is best ?

that's what i like to hear you already know that's how i like get down with a 4/5 unless i'm a stretch. So its back to bullying ppl down low ?

ima try to catch up on your post and see what you working with out here, i know you actually take the building serious. Im thinking of sticking with the 4 but got no problem going a 5 as well. What you think is best ?

im a natural 4. my SF and PF are best at 4.

it depends on what build you wanna work with.

everyone at the 5 is 7'3" 340, just fyi

it doesnt bother me much anymore, but i have a pure rim protector lmaooooo

the post is just much more fluid. my passing out of the post is godly. you can drop passes with back to basket with accuracy and speed.

the moves are much more fluid, too, the animations blend and are cat/mouse, as opposed to older 2ks where each animation cut into each other abruptly.

check my vids....all blocks and ****, but you can see how the post moves in 18.

post/rebound/defense with finisher mix is most dominant imo. (but you can definitely get busy with anything...ANYTHING)

keep in mind rebounding/sharpshooting drops athleticism, def/finishing boosts it....

like-archs blend and improve the level of the badges, for example, slashing and lockdown both get athleticism, vertical and dunking....those mix well and produce stronger badges, than, say, sharp/slasher....you still get the badges but some get kicked up to HoF or Gold instead of silver...

def/finishing archs also have nerfed rebounding. my pure rim only gets like 74-75 rebounding MAX (its capped at 72 right now)

so i give up HELLA offensive rebounds, but i get HELLA blocks (2-3 a possession) if they rebound and don't kick it out....

i get double-digit rebounds off positioning alone.....

i'm still learning how to operate in the post as a true big man.....so i'm not ALL the way there, yet....

but i be out here LOL

(the SF build is a SC/PM-KD build. he's 6'10" with pro dribble moves. his midrange caps right now at 93 but i think it goes up to 95. he's like a midrange stretch 4 (at the 4) who can also create shots and facilitate offense...so strech 4s are ultra effective in spacing the paint and floor for dominant big men. TWO BIG MEN IS COUNTERPRODUCTIVE AT TIMES....unless one can shoot/space/facilitate from the wing....(i can LOL)

Anyone else's captures on XB1 not saving?

The notification pops up saying it was saved but there's no 2K18 clips in my captures

@enphan exactly what i was looking for. Ill have to catch the vids at home since YT currently blocked here at the office

think ima lock up as a 4 as well. its been my goto for past years and i feel pretty comfy at it

appreciate that Reply man

Anyone else's captures on XB1 not saving?

The notification pops up saying it was saved but there's no 2K18 clips in my captures

is your HDD maxed out ? i remember i had to go and delete a **** load of old clips from 2014 and other games until i was able to get more clips to save

Back
Top Bottom