OFFICIAL NBA 2K19 Thread | Available Now

I am out at E3, and me and my folks sat down and talked to a dude that runs a VR company and we were just talking to him aboit his frustration with the lack of, "pick up and play" sports games. He said he misses NBA Jam because he and his wife were able to play together, he can't do that with 2k.

That is why I asked about difficulty

Re: Passing

I will copy and paste a post I made on OS, years ago, about passing.

Pass: Ability to throw accurate passes.

How it can be expanded: The passing game has a world of potential. It seems year after year the passing game is neglected and defaulted. The vast majority of passes seem to be on point no matter who the passer is. This just isn’t basketball. Below I will present instances in which turnovers NEED to be present.

Ways in which a passer’s accuracy will be tested:
Passing when the recipient is on the move.
Passing when the passer is on the move.
Passing with either hand.
Passing to the general pocket of a shooter.
Passing to the specific place that specific shooters like to have it.
Passing while well defended.
Passing off of the pick and roll.
Passing to the proper hand on the post up over defense.
Passing off of the look away.

Some of these scenarios can’t be duplicated in a video game but as it is right now, only 3 of situations can create a turnover. The first two seem to produce a turnover while in a fastbreak situation. Also, bobbling catches should return back from NBA 2K3. While it was overdone in 2K3, it is a nice way to add realism to the passing/catching relationship that is present in the sport of basketball.

I guess the point I am trying to make is there just needs to be more errant passes. A bad passer should be better represented in the next 2K.

for passing it makes a worlds difference when you change it off of Default to Directional

I am out at E3, and me and my folks sat down and talked to a dude that runs a VR company and we were just talking to him aboit his frustration with the lack of, "pick up and play" sports games. He said he misses NBA Jam because he and his wife were able to play together, he can't do that with 2k.

see, i don't think it's 2k's burden to supply this niche. Yes, from a business standpoint they want to appeal to the general population to maximize sales....of course....but park is literally like nba jam LOL you can even play 2 on 2.

we are soft and lazy now. people won't even search for games. there is a 3-on-3 freestyle game for free on PSN right now for this market.

dude runs a VR company and is at e3 and doesn't know about it

SMFH

Re: Passing

I will copy and paste a post I made on OS, years ago, about passing.

Pass: Ability to throw accurate passes.

How it can be expanded: The passing game has a world of potential. It seems year after year the passing game is neglected and defaulted. The vast majority of passes seem to be on point no matter who the passer is. This just isn’t basketball. Below I will present instances in which turnovers NEED to be present.

Ways in which a passer’s accuracy will be tested:
Passing when the recipient is on the move.
Passing when the passer is on the move.
Passing with either hand.
Passing to the general pocket of a shooter.
Passing to the specific place that specific shooters like to have it.
Passing while well defended.
Passing off of the pick and roll.
Passing to the proper hand on the post up over defense.
Passing off of the look away.

Some of these scenarios can’t be duplicated in a video game but as it is right now, only 3 of situations can create a turnover. The first two seem to produce a turnover while in a fastbreak situation. Also, bobbling catches should return back from NBA 2K3. While it was overdone in 2K3, it is a nice way to add realism to the passing/catching relationship that is present in the sport of basketball.

I guess the point I am trying to make is there just needs to be more errant passes. A bad passer should be better represented in the next 2K.

it'd be dope if you had to like hold the pass button and time the pass like a shot....."good" timing = accurate pass, slightly=receiver bobbles sloppy pass, bad=out of bounds

then you couldn't cry and say "THANKS 2k" everytime YOU threw the ball away

also, people would appreciate pure passers and people throwing REAL dimes.

for passing it makes a worlds difference when you change it off of Default to Directional

oh yea 100% i totally agree

a bad pass shouldn't just happen when you trying to throw a full court pass

see, you can CUSTOMIZE those sliders. i always play around with them, it seems every patch changes the weight of each slider frfr

Good read

Should sports video games ditch "Overall" player ratings? (plus more on the system) : https://forums.operationsports.com/...erall-player-ratings-plus-more-on-the-system/

yes and no

yes, because in real life, there are no ratings....

no, because there is no possible way to account for all the variables, physical limitations, PHYSICS etc.

i say no, overalls substitute for 24/7 access to scouting a player's abilities. in reality, its just a collection of pixels. you have to have overalls to accurately gauge players and utilize any type of strategy whatsoever.....

Isn’t that streetball mode a version of this?

A few of my homies only play that mode because you can morph into prime Gary Payton with any player just by mashing the steal button.

They get blown out every time we run a regular game.

CymCvGN_d.jpg

Played a few 2k18 games yesterday

my god they need to revamp the layup and turnover system

its inexcusable how often wide open layups are missed
and how easy it is to turnover with a simple pass and just dribbling next to a defender
it's as if there's a timer which says if I dribble this close to a defender for X amount of seconds, I just lose the ball and trip over

and how easy it is to turnover with a simple pass and just dribbling next to a defender
it's as if there's a timer which says if I dribble this close to a defender for X amount of seconds, I just lose the ball and trip over

Can you explain the passing turnovers you are seeing?

it's sad fam

passing wise you just gotta try and use the icon passing it's a lil better but aint **** you gonna do about that dribbling that's just 2K for you :lol:

• New Adaptive AI System: Every Game Feels Different. Influence the entire game as your behavior and attitude on the court affects how your teammates and opponents react. Hype up your squad or intimidate opponents and their fans. You want to try and lock down Westbrook? Be prepared for him to come at you. Trying to dunk on players can make you a target for hard fouls, heated exchanges and trash talk. NBA players react just like their real-life counterparts, bringing in a new level of emotion and realism into Sports games.
This sounds dope. Surprised this took so long. Hope it inspires 2K to do something similar. All that dead time in time outs and during free throws could be entertaining too.

Probably gonna preorder this today.
You know 2K has had this for the last 2 years?

I know.

I feel like passing is USER error. I watch certain folks play, and the types of passing angles they use is wild and then they complain about passing turnovers.

It is all about geometry man. I can go countless games without a single passing turnover.

Now the dribbling the ball off of people's bodies, I am not sure about that one. I see it happen, and it makes sense because dribbling into a crowd SHOULD cause something to happen. But I can also see how it doesn't LOOK right, to some

I still don't thik there are enough turnovers in 2K

Been taking Ls with online play, but excited for the upcoming release.

2k has yet to release features/updates?

2K DGAF mode about dropping 2K19 info similar to what they did last year for 2K18.

All we really know is that Lebby and Greek Freak are on the Special and Standard editions respectively.

Meanwhile EA has given some details about Live 19 including a trailer as well the release date for the demo.

Back
Top Bottom