OFFICIAL BASKETBALL VIDEO GAME THREAD || NBA 2K24 OUT NOW; PREPARE YOUR BARBIES ACCORDINGLY

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

This was said on there that stuck with me:

Player animation speed on/off ball and ball speed are still not optimized in this video. The difference between signature movements on-ball and off-ball movements has been a problem since the move to this new locomotion engine. Again, the improvement in graphics makes these warp/slide animations look more out of place.

The ball handling and shot creation animations in particular are far too loose and cover too much ground for a sim basketball title. These are essentially park/arcade animations applied to NBA basketball. Hopefully some next gen animation packages were added to allow us to change sigs this gen. We’ve lost countless animation packages from earlier 2K titles to 2K21 current gen.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican

This was said on there that stuck with me:

Player animation speed on/off ball and ball speed are still not optimized in this video. The difference between signature movements on-ball and off-ball movements has been a problem since the move to this new locomotion engine. Again, the improvement in graphics makes these warp/slide animations look more out of place.

The ball handling and shot creation animations in particular are far too loose and cover too much ground for a sim basketball title. These are essentially park/arcade animations applied to NBA basketball. Hopefully some next gen animation packages were added to allow us to change sigs this gen. We’ve lost countless animation packages from earlier 2K titles to 2K21 current gen.

They still need to fix spacing :lol:

"Wow at that trailer, can't wait!!!"
incredulous.gif

Reading the blog post about what will be different on next gen consoles isn't really selling me on it either

Looks like an actual next gen experience and not a port . I can’t wait!

Define, "Not a port?"

2k selling yall dreams with the, "Made from the ground up " talk.

Nobody is dumb enough to believe that man.

Define, "Not a port?"

2k selling yall dreams with the, "Made from the ground up " talk.

Nobody is dumb enough to believe that man.

not a port as In not a direct copy from previous gen.
I think you guys in here specifically might be more hard core than most lol. The response in the PS5 thread was different from here

this is 1/3 new blogposts

the new graphics coupled with shooting mechanics is a good start for myself and most other I think lol .... and I’m expecting the new defense mechanics in the next 2 weeks

And I’ll be sold

This the type of behavior that has 2k ruining basketball. People won't give another game a chance.

Fans who grew up on Live who still won't accept the fact that they fell off have been saying this for the past 10 years :lol:

EA doesn't give a **** about basketball and if they wanted to compete w/ 2K they'd have been dedicated the resources to make it happen.

2K slacking is because there ISN'T another title WORTH playing...not because "people won't give another game a chance"

EA doesn’t invest anything into Madden and that’s their cash cow. Don’t see them doing anything special for Live but I gladly encourage competition and will at the very least play the demo of the next one to see how I like it

Fans who grew up on Live who still won't accept the fact that they fell off have been saying this for the past 10 years :lol:

EA doesn't give a **** about basketball and if they wanted to compete w/ 2K they'd have been dedicated the resources to make it happen.

2K slacking is because there ISN'T another title WORTH playing...not because "people won't give another game a chance"
It was a joke relax buddy lol

Last two lives were good tho imo

Back
Top Bottom