OFFICIAL NBA LIVE 19 Thread | Available Now

Watching more footage, mostly everything else outside of the movements/foot planting looks off. 2K could use some more realistic movements

The speed bursts in the game look arcade-ish but they're on the right track for sure. Hopefully they keep improving and push 2K

Watching more footage, mostly everything else outside of the movements/foot planting looks off. 2K could use some more realistic movements

The speed bursts in the game look arcade-ish but they're on the right track for sure. Hopefully they keep improving and push 2K

Compared to the last 2 Live games.........the animation is LEAPS AND BOUNDS more realistic than ever (What Live 17 did was baby-steps, but it was still mediocre as hell in terms of realistic animations).

So I'll give them credit where credit is due.

I said this in the other thread, I would reserve judgement too high/low based on the DEMOS. Remember the goal of a DEMO is to get NEW fans, so don't wonder why things are too hard/easy when it is definitely made for super casual fans.

Yea compared to the previous Lives’ this is a master piece. 2k got moved to a Black Friday purchase for me this year.

I said this in the other thread, I would reserve judgement too high/low based on the DEMOS. Remember the goal of a DEMO is to get NEW fans, so don't wonder why things are too hard/easy when it is definitely made for super casual fans.
Demo is from the final game and you can play it early now through ea access.
It be mad weird to allow your data to transfer to the full game if it was going to change really

Demo is from the final game and you can play it early now through ea access.
It be mad weird to allow your data to transfer to the full game if it was going to change really

That is false info. The game has ALREADY changed since EA gave the DEMO to Sony/MS WEEKS ago, before it was released last week.

They have been working on the game EVERY day since and will work on it every day up until release, and THEN they will keep working once bugs are found out by the general public

Demos are based on much earlier builds, always have, always will.

Sure, your data will transfer but it is not the final build.

It is an old build with a sub Rookie level difficulty

Last edited:
That is false info. The game has ALREADY changed since EA gave the DEMO to Sony/MS WEEKS ago, before it was released last week.

They have been working on the game EVERY day since and will work on it every day up until release, and THEN they will keep working once bugs are found out by the general public

Demos are based on much earlier builds, always have, always will.

Sure, your data will transfer but it is not the final build.

It is an old build with a sub Rookie level difficulty
And what's changed as far as gameplay/mechanics?

And what's changed as far as gameplay/mechanics?

Demos are NEVER the FINAL build, by time you get the FINAL game (release date) the DEMO version would have been at least a month old.

This has been the case for any game released on any modern system.

Not saying the game is going to be DRASTICALLY different to the point it is unrecognizable, but it isn't the same build that was played in the DEMO

Last edited:
Demos are NEVER the FINAL build, by time you get the FINAL game (release date) the DEMO version would have been at least a month old.

This has been the case for any game released on any modern system.

Not saying the game is going to be DRASTICALLY different to the point it is unrecognizable, but it isn't the same build that was played in the DEMO
Last year def felt like the same exact thing

When DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican starts typing in riddles, you know the new basketball games are upon us :pimp::nthat:

But DC is right, Demos are always earlier builds.

Yo!

Just finished playing the demo and I gotta say that it's DEFINITELY an improvement from previous titles. By no means I am an avid gamer, I just want to play a decent game that will keep me playing it without spending a money for unnecessary "features."

I like the scale of the players on the courts. It's not too wide nor compressed, and player models are different from each other (wing players like KD/Tatum look taller. For some reason Tatum's model on 2k doesn't look as imposing I guess?) Player appearances look alright, nothing remarkable or life-like.

As expected, clipping, foot planting, and some jumpshots looked iffy. Cheese will definitely be present in this game but that's fine (for now). What EA did to polish this game is significant, and Live 20 will likely have updated features we all want and I'm looking forward to that.

It's a toss up and I have until Black Friday to pick either Live or 2k.

Getting on later. Looking for some people to play Live run with. Dnwilliams85 is the PSN.

Just watched a dude do a reverse dunk with a female character that was shooting guard height in a 5v5 game....
Seems like everybody with the game is having fun so far.

I had to drop the difficultly from all star back to pro. I got smashed by the lakers by +15 :rofl:
I had OKC. Couldn’t stop Bron no matter what. He had about 12 in the third qtr mainly from the elbow

6E31C36A-EECA-4039-BB30-3DB21AE18535.jpeg
D3DD9997-5E35-4F9E-85FC-7A518DF754FF.jpeg
F42C226F-CE22-41B3-9756-723A8EC25558.jpeg
F75D81BE-EA65-4E4F-B700-9F2C9C05D4E9.jpeg
D478A20B-5A4A-418D-A93D-B64764D90EF7.jpeg

For the people that didn't take advantage of the $30 offering through NBA live 18, physical copies of Live 19 can be bought for around $40 on Ebay.

Yeah there are two sellers dropping prices this week. I got 2k today but thinking about getting Live before they sell out.

Back
Top Bottom