Official NBA Off-Season Thread. New 2012-2013 Thread Has Been Made. Please Post In There

Status
Not open for further replies.
This put a smile on my face. Tony Delk, Walter McCarty, Antoine Walker 
laugh.gif

Yes you are.
It's crazy he's been in the league this long with access to world class nutritionists and gyms
No reason son shouldn't be 250+ so he could have a power post game, he would be even more dangerous :smh:

Yes you are.
It's crazy he's been in the league this long with access to world class nutritionists and gyms
No reason son shouldn't be 250+ so he could have a power post game, he would be even more dangerous
mean.gif
Would all of ya'll consider Dirk to be bulky? 

I feel like Durant, if he were to pick up a post game, it'd be in his greatest interest to imitate Dirk's post game. Durant seems to be more of a silky smooth type of player rather than a "power" type. 

Yes you are.
No reason son shouldn't be 250+ so he could have a power post game, he would be even more dangerous :smh:

To get him over 250+, an extra 15-20 pounds on his frame is a lot. IMO, TOO much. He's fine at 230-235. You're talking about the nutritionists that he's working with currently haven't helped him bulk up from the 205 or whatever he weighed when he came out of UT.

After his performance in the Finals and how he looked for Team USA, its funny that all the press on Harden seems to be about partying and not putting in work.

250+ for KD? OD. Believe it or not, he's put on Weight since he was @ UT. But's he's never going to be a hulking player, he doesn't have the frame for it.

Dude is narrow. Look at him then look at Serge.

KD's never going to be Bron or Dwight, they have broad shoulders

Last edited:
I know he could never be there but he could be bigger than where he is, dude came in the league at 19 and couldn't even bench 185.
I've seen dudes just as skinny put on 35 to 60 pounds in 4-6 months and they were not 6'9
He could do it with the right nutrition and weight training but it definitely would be an adjustment for him.
It's not like he needs it obviously, he'll be dropping 30 a night till his knees give out, but it would just make him that much tougher.
His D, rebounding, and post game would all flourish. Right now he can't guard Bron effectively because of his lack of strength, which we'll see in next years finals again.
AD should get started right now even though he's bigger than Durant coming into the league.

I know he could never be there but he could be bigger than where he is, dude came in the league at 19 and couldn't even bench 185.
I've seen dudes just as skinny put on 35 to 60 pounds in 4-6 months and they were not 6'9
He could do it with the right nutrition and weight training but it definitely would be an adjustment for him.
It's not like he needs it obviously, he'll be dropping 30 a night till his knees give out, but it would just make him that much tougher.
His D, rebounding, and post game would all flourish. Right now he can't guard Bron effectively because of his lack of strength, which we'll see in next years finals again.
AD should get started right now even though he's bigger than Durant coming into the league.

Think about how much harder it is for someone with a 7'5 wingspan is to get weight like that up. They have to bring the weight up much farther than the average man. Obviously there are plenty of athletes who can do it, but to compare, Tyson Chandler only got 2 reps on the bench press

You know dudes putting on 60 pounds in 4-6 months? Without slowing down? While playing basketball all day?

Some players in the league have poor work ethic but doubting Durant? Really? He's definitely putting in work but not everyone can put on muscle easily. Also at SF and as a basketball player, muscle/weight isn't his number one priority. If he adds 30 pounds but gets significantly slower, he's a completely different player.

Think of how much cardio he's doing in a 2 hour basketball workout. Imagine doing that every day while trying to GAIN weight. Now imagine you're genetically skinny and your gigantic wingspan and 6'10 body make it harder to lift heavy weights (every core lift is more difficult when you're that big). It's not as simple as the right nutrition and weight training. He's BEEN doing it, he's clearly stronger and faster than when he came into the league. But bodying up NBA small forwards is no easy task.

There is no way in the world you've seen an ATHLETE put on 60 pounds in 4-6 months. That is impossible unless he stuffed his face with junk food in epic fashion which means more than a third of that weight gain would be fat.

This isn't a Create-A-Player mode, you don't just add 50 pounds in 4 months... unless you're Shawn Kemp, of course.
KD need to put on some weight. 6'11 and got bodied by 6'8 Lebron
I'm not a KD apologist by any means.. but let's give him a small break there. Lebron is a world-class FREAK of nature athlete. A still very young KD is going to get abused in the post by someone like Lebron. And to guard Lebron one on one you need to be able to keep up with him on the perimeter and now hold him off in the post... that's a hard task for one single player.

This isn't a Create-A-Player mode, you don't just add 50 pounds in 4 months... unless you're Shawn Kemp, of course.

I'm not a KD apologist by any means.. but let's give him a small break there. Lebron is a world-class FREAK of nature athlete. A still very young KD is going to get abused in the post by someone like Lebron. And to guard Lebron one on one you need to be able to keep up with him on the perimeter and now hold him off in the post... that's a hard task for one single player.

Right...getting beasted by Lebron James means you need to put on weight?

:smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom