Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Really? It's such an overrated shoe to me. I don't think it's even the nicest collab this year, certainly not in "recent years." I don't like JFG or Salahe, seems to be more hype than anything. As far as 990v3's go, I think the Bodega pair is much better and more wearable. To each their own, though.

I'm with you on not liking JFG or Salehe, almost everything about them makes me cringe. Very corny and overrated most of the time and a lot of it is for sure just hype. But I really loved the mix of colors on those 990v3. Over the last few years there haven't been many shoes that made me say "I gotta have that", but the shades of brown mixed with green and blue just really appealed to me. When wearing them I try not to think about all the stupid **** he said like the waffle cone trademark tongue etc lol..

And I love the Bodega colorway, it really is gorgeous. But I'll never drop a dime at that store or own any of their products ever again. I won't go into a whole runners style rant about it, I just have had a very negative experience with their employees and customer service. JFG is a clown, but I don't have any personal issue with him unlike Bodega :lol: Wish that collab was from another shop though, I'd definitely add it to the collection. 990v3 is such an awesome shoe on foot once I got the sizing right. Very lightweight.

20211113_093357.jpg

And I love the Bodega colorway, it really is gorgeous. But I'll never drop a dime at that store or own any of their products ever again. I won't go into a whole runners style rant about it, I just have had a very negative experience with their employees and customer service. JFG is a clown, but I don't have any personal issue with him unlike Bodega :lol: Wish that collab was from another shop though, I'd definitely add it to the collection. 990v3 is such an awesome shoe on foot once I got the sizing right. Very lightweight.
I feel ya, I'm glad you're able to get some joy out of it. Sometimes a certain colorway can just speak to you. I've been a huge fan of the 990v3 since it first released. Definitely my favorite model in the 990 series, and probably one of the better New Balance silhouettes overall.

Last edited:
I'm with you on not liking JFG or Salehe, almost everything about them makes me cringe. Very corny and overrated most of the time and a lot of it is for sure just hype. But I really loved the mix of colors on those 990v3. Over the last few years there haven't been many shoes that made me say "I gotta have that", but the shades of brown mixed with green and blue just really appealed to me. When wearing them I try not to think about all the stupid **** he said like the waffle cone trademark tongue etc lol..

i love bodega, but if it's something serious that we shouldn't be dropping our money on, i'd like to hear what the issue is/was... i own a couple of their earlier nb releases also...

Getting ready to pay resale. Torn between Salehe green 2002r and the Outside clothes JFG. Thoughts ?
Depends on your budget and how easy your wardrobe goes with either shoe. For me, I have both. Couldn't imagine parting with either. Both are easy to wear for me. I think the Salehe are a little better but not by much at all. With cheaper resell in most sizes compared to the JFGs I would say go for the 2002r but, Im thinking term you would get more out of the JFG and if you ever needed to sell or trade them the value would be higher if that matters to you.

Back
Top Bottom