Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Well, I just saved some money. Went to purchase the gray and black, had them in my cart and then I checked out and the gray said size 10 was out of stock, so then I decided not to buy it altogether. 

Plus the $20 increase from a week ago put me off as well.

My birthday is tomorrow, so I went on ahead and treated myself to the Navy pair. 
nthat.gif
 ​
 ​
Nice 993 OG's @squizzy3000  
pimp.gif
 ​

Last edited:

amazing post. love og stuff. those 992 are not in production so great find
I just started to cop NB two years ago, starting with 1500. Out of my "small" NB collection (15 or so) half of them are the OG dad shoes. The geeky nerdy look of these OGs are so attractive to me, as they are obviously different from most other brands. I think 997, 998 and 1500 are obviously more popular with a wider audience but right now I just can't get enough dad NBs!

The 992 is 0.5 size up for me but is DS so I cannot let it pass. Fill up the space with an extra insole and is now good to go! Out of the 991, 992 & 993 I like the shape of 992 most.

Hmm. SZ7H DBOA seems normal and snug. and Tourer kinda tight.
Sz8 midnightmoon fit ok. I wear 8.5 racer, and GLIII and V. High foot dorsal.
Ok from what you say it seems 8.5 is your TTS, and i heard this one should fit TTS so should be good. Although you kinda make me worry a bit now lol. It's my first RF collab but from what I read here and there it seems some of his collab are kinda snug fit...

Ok from what you say it seems 8.5 is your TTS, and i heard this one should fit TTS so should be good. Although you kinda make me worry a bit now lol. It's my first RF collab but from what I read here and there it seems some of his collab are kinda snug fit...

Yeah. The slight difference in 998 fitting throws me off thinking what is my fit like.

Ebay post spotted at prices around 260 upwards.

Almost all of Ronnie's past NB collabs (and even some of his Asics stuff) has fallen below retail with the exception of a few (DS pair of Salmon Soles, for example still go for crazy money). I think part of this also has been the fact his last few collabs have been miUSA collabs that have retailed for $240 which turned a lot of people have.

These may fetch a bit of $$$ over retail initially but eventually they'll settle down on the market for retail or under for sure. 

Almost all of Ronnie's past NB collabs (and even some of his Asics stuff) has fallen below retail with the exception of a few (DS pair of Salmon Soles, for example still go for crazy money). I think part of this also has been the fact his last few collabs have been miUSA collabs that have retailed for $240 which turned a lot of people have.

These may fetch a bit of $$$ over retail initially but eventually they'll settle down on the market for retail or under for sure. 

I still have DS volcanoes (with socks), no intention to wear them or sell so I guess they'll just sit in my closet and disintegrate at some point.

Glad I copped the 574, curious to see which color you end up liking most when you get them.

Glad I copped the 574, curious to see which color you end up liking most when you get them.
If I had to rank them purely based off color ways it'd be navy, grey and then black. Again, this is purely from Kith-filtered photos. In reality the shoe may not look nearly as nice in person. I figured copping all three would be the only chance I had of seeing them all up close in real life. Chances are if there's are any pairs out of the three that I'm not too fond of in person (or if I happen to dislike all three pairs) then I'll let just get rid of them all for retail. My 11.5 sold out pretty quickly so I imagine there's someone out there who would be happy to have them for retail (but I refuse to get lowballed for under retail, too early for that, lol).

Then why even buy them? Or keep them?  Seems like a sunk cost.

It wasn't my intention when I bought them. I was planning on wearing them but never got around to it. I have plenty of DS shoes going back to 2000, will probably sell if the price is right.

I liked when RF didn't have a brand to his name and his collabs were purely colors not branding all over the shoe. Just a side note.

Back
Top Bottom