Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Yesterday...

E5F6CDA5-CA17-40F1-B0D1-9ED50D2CD709.jpeg

1E1D5999-999A-43C2-97B4-3EE9EF070DE4.jpeg

23E719C2-19FA-40E0-A1A1-C12440B3B2DF.jpeg

Hilltop blues in Koreatown the other day
I’m not sure if you/ anyone has tried this or heard of this (if it’s common my apologies) but my friend used a blow dryer on the midsole of his acronym prestos and it’s incredible how easily the creases are removed. I figure the same can be done on a 998.

I’m not sure if you/ anyone has tried this or heard of this (if it’s common my apologies) but my friend used a blow dryer on the midsole of his acronym prestos and it’s incredible how easily the creases are removed. I figure the same can be done on a 998.

Creases on the midsole? I’m not too sure but too much heat could damage it too.

Heat works, i dont have a heat gun, but I would take a lighter and run it across, let's say, an asics gel lyte 3 and voila, the creases start coming out. Try it on a shoe you don't care about, and don't let the heat stay on one spot. You don't want to burn it, just heat up the foam till it starts uncreasing. If you overdo it, it will bubble. There is a perfect temperature to do it, but I'm no professional. Nice htbs, they look awesome!

Last edited:
i guess the material expands with heat? that's pretty cool, i had no idea. midsole creasing doesn't bother me that much, but i'm intrigued. i might try it with some of my beaters.

It does, it has a memory kind of like metal. It is pretty cool because it comes out after its been heated right before your eyes. I've tried a lot of shoes, once I got it down. It's better to try not enough heat with more passes than to much heat and burn it.

Customer service emailed me back and confirmed they're going to fix the heel accent and top N logo on the 998 customizer, woo

I emailed them about the 574 (lining not selectable after going through various options on other panels) and 990 (speed lace) and they said 'thanks for reporting, but no one has reported any issues'

I'M REPORTING AN ISSUE :rolleyes

Ordered these guys today.

Xmas:

unnamed-1.png

And, for the UGA fan in me since my birth:

unnamed.png

I'm sure some will consider them too similar, but I can take the heat.:D

I went a little crazy on the heel stuff -- on the Xmas ones, went w/ 'Shi##ers Full'

Won't go into my choice on the UGA pair...

Back
Top Bottom