Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

What are these? Customs?

I was using their customization silhouettes but didnt see a black midsole option.

Yeah, they're customs from a year ago. That midsole option is no longer available, and a different color wheel of color options.

What is the “H” on those 997s supposed to mean? “Hybrid” or something?

The classic grey color way is kinda cool, but doubt I would ever buy. That idea is a lot better than releasing a literal NB1 as a store “exclusive”. I don’t know why that bothers me as much as it does. It’s just lazy.

9231A400-72CD-4A2A-9159-51358A7D54FB.jpeg
5F7C72A4-DA7A-4EB6-8A6E-993D9207C0E3.jpeg

Some interesting things happening over at sneakerchs.com....

With this additional 15% at END, that nanamica cruiser jacket is a little over $400 lowest I’ve seen. Very tempted but torn between colors. Anyone care to share their preference?

Mine were just delivered from Notre on Wednesday ($536 total w/ shoes). I chose the khaki b/c I figured I could match more of my black or navy shoes/clothes than I could if I got the navy. I still have the old mentality that black and navy don’t go together; brown and black also.

My only issue is that the hood is soooo long - it’s apparently made for a person w/ a really long neck! Looks a little awkward when the hood is on and the drawstrings are not pulled tight.

10E6C6BB-7CD2-43AF-9FA2-5FDEA625F255.jpeg
F840A5B6-5CF8-4AA3-A163-BADFA25013FE.jpeg

Thinking about scooping up a pair of FEG4s. I'm an 8 in 993 and 7.5 in 998. How is v4 sizing?

I personally went with my 998 size, but I also don’t size down for 998s. I’m an 11 usually, and tried a 10.5 in 998 and they are a tad too small. I get size 11 in the v4 and I have an 11.5 in the v4 and they feel a tad long. The FEG4 to me, fit snug. Now, I have only worn them once, so there might be a few guys in here that have a bit more experience with that particular colorway

Mine were just delivered from Notre on Wednesday ($536 total w/ shoes). I chose the khaki b/c I figured I could match more of my black or navy shoes/clothes than I could if I got the navy. I still have the old mentality that black and navy don’t go together; brown and black also.

My only issue is that the hood is soooo long - it’s apparently made for a person w/ a really long neck! Looks a little awkward when the hood is on and the drawstrings are not pulled tight.

10E6C6BB-7CD2-43AF-9FA2-5FDEA625F255.jpeg
F840A5B6-5CF8-4AA3-A163-BADFA25013FE.jpeg
Looks good though! Yeah I used to have that same mentality with colors but I think blue and black look good together. I’m going to try and wait it out for a further discount, just ordered another pair of vibergs I need to relax.

I personally went with my 998 size, but I also don’t size down for 998s. I’m an 11 usually, and tried a 10.5 in 998 and they are a tad too small. I get size 11 in the v4 and I have an 11.5 in the v4 and they feel a tad long. The FEG4 to me, fit snug. Now, I have only worn them once, so there might be a few guys in here that have a bit more experience with that particular colorway

Thanks for the recommendation. I think I will go with my 993 size. That was what I was leaning towards, and your experience makes me think that will be the right call.

maybe in for a 997 of those if there's a salmon tongue

Looks good though! Yeah I used to have that same mentality with colors but I think blue and black look good together. I’m going to try and wait it out for a further discount, just ordered another pair of vibergs I need to relax.

vibergtalk? what'd you get. they screwed up a MTO and won't make it right so now i'm hating on them

Man i can’t wait just need to decide if ima do black or blue first

I kinda even dig the CDG pair, but I doubt I would buy them and I think they overlays on the toe would have been awesome in grey just for a more pop of color. I’m patiently waiting on the perf toes.

I think my favorite out of the 990 line is the v4. They just make my feet feel good lol.

Back
Top Bottom