Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Better get those orders in ASAP.
Told you so. Hopefully those who used red before weren’t affected. I fell asleep and forgot to hit send to get my red order in last night whoops. Wanted something fun for the Summer.
8E1B9609-BE17-45E6-B24E-147D119C9B76.jpeg

Last edited:
probably ran out of the color. same thing happened with green suede on the 990v5 NB1 for a little bit.

I doubt JFG and his 500 pairs of 992s has enough clout to remove a customization option forever.

edit: yup ran out of the color

My guess is everyone's first NB1 992 is the JFG wannabe and they ran out. i received a couple of DMs of ppl saying they ordered one since they can't get the actual

i had a nice red design cooked up too.......

I'm going with theory that JFG just complained to NB. He seems that petty and seems to have sold out to quick when only a few people mentioed actually pulling the trigger

My guess is everyone's first NB1 992 is the JFG wannabe and they ran out. i received a couple of DMs of ppl saying they ordered one since they can't get the actual

i had a nice red design cooked up too.......

yeah that’s the impression I’m getting tbh. NB outright removing colors & not specific combinations just sounds too far-fetched

Told you so. Hopefully those who used red before weren’t affected. I fell asleep and forgot to hit send to get my red order in last night whoops. Wanted something fun for the Summer.
8E1B9609-BE17-45E6-B24E-147D119C9B76.jpeg

yeah I’m going with it getting sold out naturally (probably propped up by JFG hype) versus some power move JFG conspiracy to take away a color.

in any event got red on mine and the order went through

yeah that’s the impression I’m getting tbh. NB outright removing colors & not specific combinations just sounds too far-fetched

the reason why I say that is they give ALOT more leeway with collaborators then they did back in the day. I’m talking stock allocations, models they could work on, attaching logos, seeding more product.NB will bend the knee, they just are too caught up in keeping the brand cool they will essentially let designers do anything. Also we all have seen the ego of JFG and his buddy told us it was getting removed soon and the next day it was. if you don’t think there is a correlation you may also think Epstein actually killed himself...

Days or even a day before the Hypercat release, Bodega tried to cancel the release on the back-end. I don't know all the reasons whether it was shape or finished product. all I know id they tried to cancel and was told they are the absolute worst to work with in terms of botiques. Which I completely understand because every single worker acts like an entitled elitist POS.
Was out at the LA shop last year and thought everybody working there was pretty cool.

Im interested in seeing if any at all of the JFG mock ups get canceled. That should give us an idea of what really happened. Otherwise everything is just speculation and not really worth tryna figure out.

You all know the Made in USA shoes (Aime, Stray, Jjjound etc) are built by NB1. You noticed there was a pink on the shoe and not on NB1....red wasn’t supposed to be on NB1 either. Someone made a mistake no big deal. I’m more mad at myself for knowing not ordering what I wanted.

You all know the Made in USA shoes (Aime, Stray, Jjjound etc) are built by NB1. You noticed there was a pink on the shoe and not on NB1....red wasn’t supposed to be on NB1 either. Someone made a mistake no big deal. I’m more mad at myself for knowing not ordering what I wanted.

team red has been a regular NB1 color forever...JFG didn’t invent the color red....you’ll be able to make your shoe once the color comes in..

runners781 runners781 is 2/2 in my book today. Bodega is ****ing whack and JFG definitely caught wind of the NB1 thing and complained about it. Whether that's the reason the color is gone, I dunno. But I can almost certainly say JFG would have raged about it :lol:

On a side-note, I know it'll never happen, but I wish NB offered no questions asked returns for IDs like Nike...I would order so many creations lol.

My JFGish NB1 (with red) was still sitting in my cart waiting for the 10% thing. It went thru as of 15 mins ago... but I did see I couldnt edit any colors.

team red has been a regular NB1 color forever...JFG didn’t invent the color red....you’ll be able to make your shoe once the color comes in..
Yep, since my first NB1 pair in 2012. Red wasn’t sold out, it was taken off. He used the color red and the color pink for his release- reason they’re not on NB1.

“Hey we’re going to let you make your own shoe AND we’re going to let people make a very very similar pair at the same time your shoe releases.”

That doesn’t make sense to anyone I hope.

Had some other red pairs sitting on my phone.
6D777951-282D-45B7-9316-16DAF023F5D0.jpeg
57A21C1E-78E3-457E-B926-BDBC8C705B48.jpeg
9CF37112-D022-4C1B-B300-AF4DFB0C91F5.jpeg

Yep, since my first NB1 pair in 2012. Red wasn’t sold out, it was taken off. He used the color red and the color pink for his release- reason they’re not on NB1.

“Hey we’re going to let you make your own shoe AND we’re going to let people make a very very similar pair at the same time your shoe releases.”

That doesn’t make sense to anyone I hope.

Had some other red pairs sitting on my phone.
6D777951-282D-45B7-9316-16DAF023F5D0.jpeg
57A21C1E-78E3-457E-B926-BDBC8C705B48.jpeg
9CF37112-D022-4C1B-B300-AF4DFB0C91F5.jpeg

but it’s fair to only release 500 in Chicago? If you can’t appreciate simple competition you maybe In the wrong industry.

also on another note apparently JFG phone knows if you are calling about shoes and he doesn’t receive the call and is working with apple. Pure entertainment on his IG/twitter.

Can we get a ****in JCrew 992 collab?????

Edit Apparently the Conor McGregor version is bleeped out too, who woulda thunk!

Back
Top Bottom