Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I wonder why dudes residing overseas (Europe) have those droopy nose New Balances. I mean, the toe box is always hanging down below the shoe. It's almost like your pushing your toes down to give it that effect. But if so why?

I own about 30 pairs of NBs including those same Alife joints & NONE of the toe boxes on any of my pairs sag down in the front like that.

Lol thanks for the encouraging support. The size label on the box looks vintage so I'm assuming these are old?
Not vintage at all, it's a NB label for the japan market (not sure about the rest of asia). If you happened to buy from a japanese retail store whether it was salmon soles, tassie devils, chosen few, etc. they(NB) create their own label like what you see on the aqua haze and slap it on the box.
These released in asia maybe 3 or 4 years ago as a gr along side the rose pinks. No one gave a crap back then and they went on sale for under $100.

Last edited:
Not vintage at all, it's a NB label for the japan market (not sure about the rest of asia). If you happened to buy from a japanese retail store whether it was salmon soles, tassie devils, chosen few, etc. they(NB) create their own label like what you see on the aqua haze and slap it on the box.
These released in asia maybe 3 or 4 years ago as a gr along side the rose pinks. No one gave a crap back then and they went on sale for under $100.

Interesting. Repped you for new knowledge obtained. So I noticed that they're a sz 9.5 : )

What's the current market price on them now? Or are they one of those rare gems that fluctuates from rape to retail?

even a couple years after release they were selling for retail or less. but that's in asia. also theyre not as prevalent now, but i see them from time to time, the rose more than aqua. the ones above were from a UK seller who was charging a lot. he took advantage of a hot market for runners.

I wonder why dudes residing overseas (Europe) have those droopy nose New Balances. I mean, the toe box is always hanging down below the shoe. It's almost like your pushing your toes down to give it that effect. But if so why?

I own about 30 pairs of NBs including those same Alife joints & NONE of the toe boxes on any of my pairs sag down in the front like that.
nah B, it has nothing to do with the shoe itself, they push the toes down on purpose.  like you said european thing, doesnt always look good imo

I've never understood it either.  For one, the toe push makes some shoes look even flatter in the front than the originals.  Secondly, you're totally misrepresenting the shoe.  Like I understand wanting the toebox area to not banana up as much as they do at times, but what's the point of making it flat for a picture?  After that camera snaps and you walk away, your shoes go right back to how they were.  
laugh.gif

Oh, I'm not saying it doesn't look good.  Don't get it twisted--dude's pics are always appreciated.  

Just don't get the fascination with making every runner look different than what they truly are.  

I've seen a lot of people trying to iron down the toebox on their runners lately for a similar look....

:nerd:

JFBollin & SuperblyTRIFE.....

Repped.

Thanks homies. I've been curious about the flattened toe box for awhile. Their so prevalent on Crooked Tongues.....had me thinking something was wrong with my pairs. :lol:

Man oh man that collection back a page is crazy, that french pair is pretty awesome, funny how it has the uk tag on it. There are so many pairs of shoes released. Does anyone know where we can get catalogs from (pdf) or something, i'd be great if we could get a good list of shoes released circa 2000 until now, it's a big project but would be cool

even a couple years after release they were selling for retail or less. but that's in asia. also theyre not as prevalent now, but i see them from time to time, the rose more than aqua. the ones above were from a UK seller who was charging a lot. he took advantage of a hot market for runners.

In other words, Stunna's right lol. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Damn, I like these a lot. I googled it and apparently they'll exclusively release at the New Balance pop-up store at L’Imprimerie in Paris. Does anybody know when and how I can buy this?

Ordered these from end on friday night....got delivered before 12pm today 
nthat.gif
 The suede is great as usual but the I feel that the white leather paneling aint as good as the leather that's used on my 1500EBN. Absolutely love this colorway.

Back
Top Bottom