Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Pickup.

S/O to jeremys14 for looking out!
Dope :pimp:

Thanks guys for all the support! I know I've bombarded this thread for Mojito's.

I haven't received it yet so I'll update this thread with some pics when I get them.

Clearly you have no idea what youre talking about if you thought the anniversary m990gry was a CM. Your previous response presented it as fact like you had inside information or confirmation, so I simply wanted to understand how an iconic GR would have the same label attached as CM. Cant blame me for questioning the fact that CM really meant it was some kind of exclusive collab when again there are tons of (crappy) GRs out there that start with CM. I dont mind people speculating to have a discussion but dont BS and play it off as fact, it only propagates misinformation around here.
Several manufacturing sites actually listed that 990 as CM... not making that up. Google it if you want confirmation. And when did I ever say I had insider information? The original Size? quote posted in this thread came directly from the New Balance website! Size? literally copied the whole paragraph. I said it does indeed stand for "custom made" because New Balance says that THEMSELVES.  Sorry I mixed up one  release name. I don't understand how that discredits anything else I said. The fact is you were blindly speculating on what something means when New Balance already set the matter straight. But keep making up conspiracy theories and thinking you're right if it helps you feel better. 

higuy, this is for you my man
lol

Several manufacturing sites actually listed that 990 as CM... not making that up. Google it if you want confirmation. And when did I ever say I had insider information? The original Size? quote posted in this thread came directly from the New Balance website! Size? literally copied the whole paragraph. I said it does indeed stand for "custom made" because New Balance says that THEMSELVES. Sorry I mixed up one release name. I don't understand how that discredits anything else I said. The fact is you were blindly speculating on what something means when New Balance already set the matter straight. But keep making up conspiracy theories and thinking you're right if it helps you feel better. 

youre right, it looks like size took that directly off the site. a few of us questioned that info, and when you replied you seemed very adamant that it was accurate, that's why i assumed you had some sort of expert knowledge. my bad if all you were doing was citing the site. i understand what youre saying, but it doesnt say anything about collabs. only "customs"
it's not about me being right, but getting a definitive answer once and for all what the heck CM really stands for. for the longest time i assumed CM stood for china made, but that was proved wrong when i saw a pair of one of my CMs was made in the US. again, they're clearly not collabs though, coincidentally i wore another pair of (asian) GR CM670s today. im fricken confused as hell.

ive never seen anyone refer to the anniversarys as CM, but i dont bother to google that. all i know is what ive seen and own. no one apparently has the answer about why GRs also start with CM so this is pointless.

Last edited:
^ looking good
Nice job fo****zles those came out clean.
Dope shots of those 996's niwreig! And those customs are :nthat: fo****zles
love the 574 IDs up there!
Thanks a lot for the kind words fam. Appreciate it :D

Dope customs fo****zles! Knicks one coming too?
Speaking of customs..- Mark 993's today.
Thanks man.. Mark as in Mark 7 of Iron Man? :D

jelly is a legit cat, youre in good hands my dude
Dope pair :smokin

ive never seen anyone refer to the anniversarys as CM, but i dont bother to google that. all i know is what ive seen and own. no one apparently has the answer about why GRs also start with CM so this is pointless.
Right, well we know definitively CM stands for Custom Men's. I was simply positing that New Balance might designate certain GRs of limited quality as CMs, along with certain collabs. If you really want to know for sure why not just email New Balance? I'm sure they'd be happy to answer. 

Edit: Another idea just came to me. They might designate shoes as custom if something about the actual structure of the shoe is changed for that release. For example, if a different kind of material is used in the sole, or if there is a custom insole, or something out of the ordinary. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom