Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Could be the possibility that since the customs are made in the US there's a bit more care going into them.

Dope 576 and 998 set :pimp:
Yesterday

Is there a difference with the toebox shape of a regular 574 compared to a custom 574?

Yacht Club 574 (toebox curling up)

Custom 574 (toebox doesn't curl up)

If the customs' shape looks like the shape above, might pull the trigger.
Yacht club 574's are poorly made Asian 574's. Materials are cheaper and shape is more "banana-like" 

Custom 574's are Made in USA and are much better quality overall. Shape is also much better than Asian made 574's. 

Is there a difference with the toebox shape of a regular 574 compared to a custom 574?

Yacht Club 574 (toebox curling up)

Custom 574 (toebox doesn't curl up)

If the customs' shape looks like the shape above, might pull the trigger.

Yacht club 574's are poorly made Asian 574's. Materials are cheaper and shape is more "banana-like" 

Custom 574's are Made in USA and are much better quality overall. Shape is also much better than Asian made 574's. 

I see, thanks so much!

Pulled out the 998s today.  Looking for a few more to cross off my list.

LF (size 13):

998 GRB

998 Aqua Haze

998 GLR

998 GY

Any help would be appreciated!
the only two 998's I have, you don't have lol.

998 RR 

and my personal fave 998 GB

Great collection, 998's are my favorite new balance BY FAR. 

Last edited:
HA! Can't believe it, ronnie fieg actually admitted that the dune 997s beat out his collabs last year. Never thought that dude would finally admit that his designs weren't that strong. The dunes were the shoes that pushed one of his collabs out of my top 5 from last year though :wink:

I had heard rumors earlier this year that RF was gonna do an 998 and now it's looking more and more true.

when people make their custom 574 devils, they just have to paint the mesh black, since the other portions of the shoe can be customized when you ID them. the problem is when you pick the color for the mesh at the toe box, the color runs up on the tongue and the ankle wrap. so that is the part you need to paint/dye. if you look closely you can see the red peeking out from under the tongue label where he didnt completely paint over.

Those new 996s look terrible. I was going to buy the Navy ones, but choose not. I'd rather buy some 1500s or 998s. Easy pass after that shape. 

Why would you...

When you could have

The same year at a cheaper price without

that fat toe and rev sole... plus it's

Seems like a no brainer to me.  But some people are just about those collabs...
Exactly I agree with you. I still need those royal 996s tho the made in USA obviously lol

Those are nice!  In the photo the mesh looks almost like white cap with kool grey surroundings and a black N over a houndawg logo base - (just using custom colors).  I may have to try and custom theses.  Could you do a close up of the tongue label?  Is it a windmill?  I looked these up and the closest I could find was a grey and navy pair here:
http://5marts.blogspot.com/2012/11/new-balance-100th-anniversary.html
damn i missed the original post of the victor dixons, my favorite of the pack. nice wear!
lol i remember when some people were buying the UKGs and making custom tongue labels to make them look like the IBs
here you go

These are dope af. Did you paint the synthetic toe part or the back pieces? I'm assuming you created them from the site and added some custom touches. Either way :smokin :smokin

Thanks sir! Yes a friend helped me with this pair...he used fabric paint.

Back
Top Bottom