Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

^ I know Atmos in Japan and Hanon in the UK get a lot of stuff. To get a lot of the collaborations and special releases, you'll have to know the release date ahead of time though.

Originally Posted by KryptoNaTe

Let me start out to say that I appreciate this thread. It's unfortunate that it's not as active as others. I've become more interested in NB and RF x Asics over the past few months or so, and I've been browsing to see what I like. The 30FOR30 thing with the Distinct Life has got me looking for a pair as well. Several pages back I came across the grey/pink 580 that was dropping way below retail. Besides all the QS's, it's almost impossible to locate past GR's on eBay. Does anyone have any legit NB websites besides joenewbalanceoutlet, pickyourshoes, & zappos?

.sneakersnstuff.com, solebox.com, crookedtongues.com, www.24-kts.net. that should get you started

I've mentioned them a couple of times in this thread--but you might want to check out http://www.deadstock.ca . They have a small, but good collection. Just got the Kilates joints from them, now thinking about a pair of the welded 574's from last season.

How could one go about getting his hands on some white pigeons? I'm ready. 
devil.gif

^ I wouldn't go that far. I definitely appreciate the quality of most UK and US made NBs, but some of my favourite Newbies are Asia-made. In recent memory the HAL "Day" 577s come to mind.

man eff a kennedy 999 (yes im salty). new balance needs to bring these back out, why yes that is a gum bottom on the toes.

New Balance is having a promo towards the Custom NB 574. 10% & free shipping off. I'm not sure when it expires. They're having a sale until 7/26, so that might be when.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man i was bbqing in my cool grey 992's today and i spilled bbq sauce on the toe area... $%#*@*# ruined them
frown.gif
all is not lost.
put them in a pillow case, remove the insoles and wash them gently in cold water, let air dry.

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Got some 2002s for about 150 on ebay...amazing shoes

i have been eyeing those for a while, but in all the pics ive seen they look different and the price....

the same shoe, same release but the pic on the right looks better to me. left pic almost looks bootleg

Would you guys recommend the 993 or 999, both look good to me just cant decide between the two any help?

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Would you guys recommend the 993 or 999, both look good to me just cant decide between the two any help?

Can't help you on the looks part. That's up to your personal taste.
I have both of these so hope this helps.

993 is the current model of the 99X series so it's the most updated tech-wise. Made in USA. Abzorb SBS, Abzorb DTS and Abzorb cushioning. Feels comfortable but more low profile that past 99X's so don't expect a pillowy, plush ride. Probably because the ACTEVA midsole material resists compression but makes the feel slightly stiffer. High quality pigskin suede upper. Even with a decent amount of mesh ventilation this shoe still gets stuffy but not to an uncomfortable degree. Probably runs true to size for most people. Retails at $145 but I've seen them sold between $80-$100 in the past year.

999 is a retro of the 1996 original. Made in China, which isn't inherently bad but the consensus is that USA-made NB's are superior in build and quality to China-made NB's. True. Still a really, really nice retro. Abzorb in the heel with a C-CAP midsole handles cushioning. Simple but it's comfortable. $110 retail but prob can be found for less. Again, prob true to size for most.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Originally Posted by EyeSeeSoles

Can't help you on the looks part. That's up to your personal taste.
I have both of these so hope this helps.

993 is the current model of the 99X series so it's the most updated tech-wise. Made in USA. Abzorb SBS, Abzorb DTS and Abzorb cushioning. Feels comfortable but more low profile that past 99X's so don't expect a pillowy, plush ride. Probably because the ACTEVA midsole material resists compression but makes the feel slightly stiffer. High quality pigskin suede upper. Even with a decent amount of mesh ventilation this shoe still gets stuffy but not to an uncomfortable degree. Probably runs true to size for most people. Retails at $145 but I've seen them sold between $80-$100 in the past year.

999 is a retro of the 1996 original. Made in China, which isn't inherently bad but the consensus is that USA-made NB's are superior in build and quality to China-made NB's. True. Still a really, really nice retro. Abzorb in the heel with a C-CAP midsole handles cushioning. Simple but it's comfortable. $110 retail but prob can be found for less. Again, prob true to size for most.
Thanks, I'll probably get the 993 for a discount, or trade. 

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

i have been eyeing those for a while, but in all the pics ive seen they look different and the price....

the same shoe, same release but the pic on the right looks better to me. left pic almost looks bootleg

I also ordered them from zappos since they do free return shipping just to compare them just in case they were bootleg...they looked exactly the same to the point where I wasn't even sure which I put in which box and returned to zappos
wink.gif

Recent pick ups...

998s...

1700s

999s....my fav Newbie model.

991s...

1300s...

Got a couple more today. Will take pics later....

Originally Posted by cocotaso1

I also ordered them from zappos since they do free return shipping just to compare them just in case they were bootleg...they looked exactly the same to the point where I wasn't even sure which I put in which box and returned to zappos
wink.gif

BTW...I'm really interested in these 2002s. Held them in my hand today & the materials look top notch. I'm just wishing the midsole was white like on the Black pair, would prevent it from looking so boring. Would of copped for sure then....on a discount thou. $250 is a no no.
tongue.gif

Whoah, didn't know they had finally retroed the classic 999s.  I had been waiting for them since they were my first pair of New Balances...my dad liked to run and introduced me to NB and asics and I wanted to be like him so although I hate to run I wanted to look the part lol  But damn they look way off...can't believe they look worse than a Jordan retro 
ohwell.gif

i really like them 991s sneakermane. $250 is mos def a no no, even $150 i think. i really like em but i guess them 2002s would need to be on deep discount before i cop my pair. and just to add to my rant. i wish nb usa would be as creative as its asia/europe counterparts. why cant we get stuff like this? also the united arrows/green label relaxing/non native type joints are impossible to find let alone purchase.

Originally Posted by sneakermane

Recent pick ups...

998s...
clean.. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

just picked up the "nights" from the HAL 577 collab a few months back.  i personally don't feel like they get enough shine because the "days" are so nice; very underrated though imo.  the leather is so damn soft, and build quality is top notch especially for an asian piece

hal-day-n-night-new-balance-3-1.jpg

It depends. Made in the USA 1500s....do your natural size. My natural is a size 10.5.....
UK 1500s....size down.
All my made in the UK NBs are a size 10 but I could go size down to a size 9.5 comfortably.

Also, some more NB pick ups...

999...second pair. My fav NB model...

999 Navy...

996 quickstrike....

ALIFE 1300....

More to come in the next couple days....

Keeping this thread alive....

More Pickups....

999s...

998s....so sick!

1300CL....One of my all time FAVS.

1300s for my bestfriend too.

She fiending for me to drop them off to her.
happy.gif

damn sneakermane, you went in. good choice on the royal blue 990s if you looking for the olive pair for cheap holla. lovin them grey/yellow 999s too. any of those bought online or all in store?

Back
Top Bottom