Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Featurelv also said they wit get the elite 999's till May WTF when I was told like 3wks ago from a different employee it would be March smh welp, Im on the hunt for a sz 13 red/grey 999, blue really isn't my style

eebs7eez's application for TEAM NB

Ian or eebs from Ontario, Canada, 25

Favourite models: 670, 998, 1500

What got me into New Balance, like quite a few others here, is the fact that we don't have to hunt vintage markets for quality releases. I am into AF1's more than anything else, but I only get interested when I can find releases from 2001 or earlier. With New Balance, especially with Made in USA/UK pairs ( it is TRUE however that the Asia-made 998 have a more authentic shape) that quality is just as good, if not better than most vintage Nike's. Although it's not until recently that I began acquiring some, my knowledge is already coming along and I've now wound up with a few pairs that I like very much. I'd really like to join this group for the good-natured atmosphere of this crowd and for the fact that if you do your part to help out other members, everyone's very quick to return the favour.

i should have mojito's on the way, but instead i have 998 hunter green and 1600 grey/blue en route.

cheers!

Last edited:
zappos just restocked the 998 hunter green, someone in here was looking for a 9 or 9.5 and they now have sizes 9-13 available
This was me! It shows that it has a fsr but when I added the 9.5 it shows that it's sold out
frown.gif

Thanks for looking out tho!

Last edited:
Size: 10.5
Favorite NB models: 580s with a close 998s
Got my first pair back in '87...got into NB again when the HUF 580s Goretex pack came out in '08. I don't have a whole lot of NB knowledge but I know the quality and comfort are top notch, especially for physical training. Not pictured Fingercroxx 580s and Atmos 996s-picking them from PO tomorrow :D and Red Elites 999s on their way.

Pics pending because I just touched down in Bahrain but wanted to get my app in. mad tired but typed this on the plane, once wife sends pics I will post em :smile:

Application for team NB.
name: Dylan/D aka kicksiscrackv2
Sz 9.5
I have been an avid sneaker collector for the better part of 15 years. Although I own and like numerous brands, I had primarily been a NIKE fan. I was always familiar with NB, when I was younger their higher price point kept me from purchasing anything other than a few 574s from time to time. The only models I saw in stores were those and the mall walker geriatric specials. It wasn't until I met a friend who was a huge NB collector that I learned so many more models existed. He had developed his habit for them while stationed in the UK and becoming close friends w a mgr at foot patrol.

The first NB I really lusted for was a collab( of course SMH), the mint c/w of the sole box 1500 (toothpastes). I was a little disappointed with not being able to get them, it seemed that most collabs I liked were extremely hard to get at a decent price. I was also becoming increasingly frustrated with my beloved NIKE. Although I continue to love them from a design and aesthetic standpoint, we have drifted further and further apart over the years. While my diehard/OG NB friends have voiced concern of NB quality decline, it is still leaps and bounds above what the swoosh is offering, and often at a lower price point. As you get older you care a little less about the flash and more about the substance. After being frustrated chasing colabs I started opening my eyes to see how great some of the "GR" cws are. NBs are among the most comfortable shoes I own, well made, and more subtle than a typical NIKE. Maybe those mall walkers were onto something!

I want to join TEAM NB because I believe in the community vibe of this thread and helping out others. I believe that the community aspects of helping others get a shoe should not be archaic, outdated or old school, that part of the culture needs to remain and continue! the money thirst of reselling needs to become a fad and outdated. Wishful thinking, I know.

favorite models: 1500 ( despite some shape issues) 1300, 990v1, and of course the 574!!

Last edited:
Team NB Application

1. I am applying for Team NB. I'm a size 9/9.5 and am located in New Jersey.

2. I will upload a tagged pic tonight. It will be fun laying them all out, although it will take some time.

3. As far back as I could remember, I've been into sneakers. I grew up in the 80s and my older brother was into Jordans; that's what originally did it for me. When I hit high school, I always had each of the current Air Jordan's in at least one colorway. Fast-forward to present day, I'm in my 30's. Although I am still into Jordans to an extent, I realized I was getting older and needed something a little more "mature." That's what initially turned me on to New Balance. Once I started researching and picking up a few pairs, I realized the difference between NB and all other brands - Made in US. Granted, not all pairs are made stateside, but they are the only sneaker brand to do so. This REALLY appealed to me, as I have always preferred to support local smaller businesses than large corporations. The quality is also top notch. I also customized a few 574s and was really impressed by the quality and turnaround time. I've picked up quite a few pairs since last year (when I first got into NB), which can be seen on my Instagram account, @dexgonzalez. I admire greatly what you guys are doing here on NT. I've followed the NB thread on other forums, but they seem to be dying out and this thread is catching fire. If admission onto this team is still being accepted, I would greatly appreciate to be considered for a spot. Otherwise, I will wait until the next go-around. Thanks.

As promised, below are my pics.

I also forget to mention my favorite model. It's tough, but I'm going to have to go with the 998 first and the 996 a close second.

I included a close-up shot of my iPhone in case there is any issue regarding the tag.

I believe I received a +1 from GTFan712. Thanks man!

Damn! I wake up 4 new pages lol. See the Mojito launch was a big succes NOT....

Congratz on those who got them[emoji]128077[/emoji]

ATTENTION

If you have not applied yet, do not post your application in this thread. Please follow the NEW application instructions below, and EMAIL us your application. This will keep applications and quoting votes out of the thread to avoid cluttering. For those who I am +1'ing below, your applications will still be handled in this thread.
WANT TO BE ON TEAMNB?

**As of 19 February 2013, TeamNB will be capped at 20 members. Further acceptance will be determined once the cap is reached.**

EMAIL THE FOLLOWING APPLICATION TO: teamnb@rocketmail.com

1. CLAIM that you are applying for a spot on the roster. Also INCLUDE your SHOE SIZE and LOCATION.

2. INCLUDE or ATTACH a tagged pic of your NB  collection.

3. EXPLAIN why you like New Balance, and/or what made you interested. Include your favorite NB model.

4. RECEIVE three "+1s" from any of the current members (this will be done privately), and you will be officially added to the TeamNB Roster. I will post in the thread once a new member has been accepted.

5. BADGE it up! Once accepted, we will send you your official numbered TeamNB  badge.

**Credit for this application process goes 100% to illustrayt of TeamROSHE.**
Got my first pair back in '87...got into NB again when the HUF 580s Goretex pack came out in '08. I don't have a whole lot of NB knowledge but I know the quality and comfort are top notch, especially for physical training. Not pictured Fingercroxx 580s and Atmos 996s-picking them from PO tomorrow
happy.gif
and Red Elites 999s on their way.
+1 from me. Quite the collection of 580s.
Pics pending because I just touched down in Bahrain but wanted to get my app in. mad tired but typed this on the plane, once wife sends pics I will post em
smile.gif

Application for team NB.
name: Dylan/D aka kicksiscrackv2
Sz 9.5
I have been an avid sneaker collector for the better part of 15 years. Although I own and like numerous brands, I had primarily been a NIKE fan. I was always familiar with NB, when I was younger their higher price point kept me from purchasing anything other than a few 574s from time to time. The only models I saw in stores were those and the mall walker geriatric specials. It wasn't until I met a friend who was a huge NB collector that I learned so many more models existed. He had developed his habit for them while stationed in the UK and becoming close friends w a mgr at foot patrol.

The first NB I really lusted for was a collab( of course SMH), the mint c/w of the sole box 1500 (toothpastes). I was a little disappointed with not being able to get them, it seemed that most collabs I liked were extremely hard to get at a decent price. I was also becoming increasingly frustrated with my beloved NIKE. Although I continue to love them from a design and aesthetic standpoint, we have drifted further and further apart over the years. While my diehard/OG NB friends have voiced concern of NB quality decline, it is still leaps and bounds above what the swoosh is offering, and often at a lower price point. As you get older you care a little less about the flash and more about the substance. After being frustrated chasing colabs I started opening my eyes to see how great some of the "GR" cws are. NBs are among the most comfortable shoes I own, well made, and more subtle than a typical NIKE. Maybe those mall walkers were onto something!

I want to join TEAM NB because I believe in the community vibe of this thread and helping out others. I believe that the community aspects of helping others get a shoe should not be archaic, outdated or old school, that part of the culture needs to remain and continue! the money thirst of reselling needs to become a fad and outdated. Wishful thinking, I know.

favorite models: 1500 ( despite some shape issues) 1300, 990v1, and of course the 574!!
You already know what it is. +1.

I also forget to mention my favorite model. It's tough, but I'm going to have to go with the 998 first and the 996 a close second.

I included a close-up shot of my iPhone in case there is any issue regarding the tag.

Dope stuff, Dex. +1 from EZ Money puts you at two now.

+1

Got my first pair back in '87...got into NB again when the HUF 580s Goretex pack came out in '08. I don't have a whole lot of NB knowledge but I know the quality and comfort are top notch, especially for physical training. Not pictured Fingercroxx 580s and Atmos 996s-picking them from PO tomorrow
happy.gif
and Red Elites 999s on their way.
+1

Alot of sizes available on Slam Jam of Stone Island 577 both coulours for retail price!!! Super rare, cop that **** haha

http://shop.slamjam.com/index.php/firstfloor_en/men/brands/new-arrivals-spring-summer-2013.html
Europe. Don't want to deal with that headache, plus they don't have a size 11.5/Europe 10.5.

That Mojito restock last night was ridiculous. I had the shoes in my cart and probably spent 40 minutes trying to check out and getting database errors. When I finally got through, it said shoe was gone.

Back
Top Bottom