Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

clean dunqrico!!!

yeahhhhh, let's keep the rf out of here (ig posted above), they have a thread for that.

Being that people will ask about sizing: let's cover that now.

Look at my signature, we did a survey a while back.

If that doesn't convince you, I will tell you how the 1600 sizing fits for narrow footed fellows (me)

*Go TTS

But niketalk13, what is TTS?

Well lurkers and others, when I say go TTS, I mean:

* Same as your 1300, 998, 574 size

* Size up 0.5 from your 577 (new, banana toe) size or tts from old 557uk pairs

* I'd probably size down 0.5 from your 577 hyprcat size (I heard they were roomie)

* they have a open toebox but nothing, imo, to merit a size up

* if you like your 999 with the space in the toe box, i'd probably size down 0.5 for a regular fit.

* Let's put it this way, I bought the ubiq in size 10 (when I am a 10.5 in most pairs), they were tight and I was not happy in owning a pair like that.

* I will most likely, if I plan to buy, go for a 10.5.

But niketalk13, what about jordan or nike airmax or heeleys sizing in comparison?

*kanyeshrug* bruh

Feel free to pm me with sizing and I can give you my best estimate

clean dunqrico!!!

yeahhhhh, let's keep the rf out of here (ig posted above), they have a thread for that.

Being that people will ask about sizing: let's cover that now.

Look at my signature, we did a survey a while back.
If that doesn't convince you, I will tell you how the 1600 sizing fits for narrow footed fellows (me)

*Go TTS

But niketalk13, what is TTS?

Well lurkers and others, when I say go TTS, I mean:
* Same as your 1300, 998, 574 size
* Size up 0.5 from your 577 (new, banana toe) size or tts from old 557uk pairs
* I'd probably size down 0.5 from your 577 hyprcat size (I heard they were roomie)
* they have a open toebox but nothing, imo, to merit a size up
* if you like your 999 with the space in the toe box, i'd probably size down 0.5 for a regular fit.
* Let's put it this way, I bought the ubiq in size 10 (when I am a 10.5 in most pairs), they were tight and I was not happy in owning a pair like that.
* I will most likely, if I plan to buy, go for a 10.5.

But niketalk13, what about jordan or nike airmax or heeleys sizing in comparison?
*kanyeshrug* bruh

Feel free to pm me with sizing and I can give you my best estimate

i bet you someone is going to ask a size question within the next 5 posts.

dude cmon search around

I did. All the stores I know that had the sale doesn't have sz 9.5 anymore. I was hoping somebody else in here might know another shop.

I grabbed a pair of size 11 yesterday on urban outfitters for $80 they were on sale at $95 plus there was a $15 promo code

Damn, good price. They don't have sz 9.5 anymore : (

Thanks for the info though. Repped.

Last edited:
Last few pages have been loaded with clean photos...

I know many aren't a big fan of 574s, but I actually own quite a few. Although I already have Grey Pigeons, these are nice alternative with complementary colors that I'll most likely also pick-up...

Shout out to Premier for fast shipping and always coming with the personalized message on the receipt.  These shoes are amazing; great suede and obvious attention to detail in the stitching and selection of suede.  Here is a pic:

I was not fast enough to get my size in the Brown/Autumn leaf color.  If anyone has a lead on a size 9 or 9.5 under 300.00, let me know.  Everyone on eBay wants so much for the small sizes :frown:   Thanks!!!

Last edited:

I know many aren't a big fan of 574s, but I actually own quite a few. Although I already have Grey Pigeons, these are nice alternative with complementary colors that I'll most likely also pick-up...
i really like that one (and the whole pack, really)

what do you think turns people off to the 574?  I used to have many pairs as well.

what do you think turns people off to the 574?  I used to have many pairs as well.

For me it's the shape. The only 574's I would consider buying are the customs and the made in the USA pairs.

So how do 1600 fits compared to my Jordan xi Columbia og game worn still smells like MJ pair?

But really though, good write up NT13. Unfortunately, that'll get buried and people will still ask =\

Btw, big ups to VCU being ranked 14th

Hey guys,wondering if anyone knows if these will release or have already released in any north american shops/sites? Or if I should just snag em off an EU site.... Thanks in advance
[h1]New Balance M1500KWG - Made in the UK[/h1]

wish i had the funds to cop both colors of the norse projects collab, but i ended up with the tan pair. these 1500s are beautiful. the suede is so thick (pause) and nappy. amazing shoe

Agreed. The Canteen Pack was well executed...

As for the 574, I think people are just deterred by the toe-box & to some; just more readily available making it less desirable. I think I wear 574s more than any other NB model for casual/daily use...

If those 574 had the same shape as the Made In USA ones, I'd be all over them. That toe box is just not the best. Only reason I got rid of my Mojitos. 

i can understand some of the reasons why people dislike the 574.  for me, i didn't like how they looked on feet when viewed from the side (profile).

I have had a couple pairs of NB custom 574s, and I found the quality to be lacking.  this was few years ago, but there was excess glue heavily visible on the seams of the midsole (black option), and both had poor stitching holding the logo underlay, which felt closer to felt than suede.

noob question: how does sizing run on NB compared to Nike?

I'm a 7.5 in Nike Flyknit (both trainer & racer)/Roshe/Air Max/pretty much any other nike shoe
Do i go TTS with 7.5 or should i size up/down?

Back
Top Bottom