Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Do 577's fit comparable to 998s from anyone's personal experience here?
For me it all depends on whether it's UK made or Asian-made.

For Asian-made 577's I've found that I have to go down a half size to 11 from my normal NB U.S. made sizes which is usually an 11.5 (including the 998). I found this to be true with the Ronnie Fieg Americanas, the Burn Rubber Joe Louis joints, and the Bodega Hyprcats (all collabs, ironically, but all made in Asia).

For UK made 577's I stick with the same size 11.5 as my made in U.S.A. 998's. Hope this helps!

For me it all depends on whether it's UK made or Asian-made.

For Asian-made 577's I've found that I have to go down a half size to 11 from my normal NB U.S. made sizes which is usually an 11.5 (including the 998). I found this to be true with the Ronnie Fieg Americanas, the Burn Rubber Joe Louis joints, and the Bodega Hyprcats (all collabs, ironically, but all made in Asia).

For UK made 577's I stick with the same size 11.5 as my made in U.S.A. 998's. Hope this helps!

Thanks guys! Going to pick up some of those UK made tenders in purple.

speaking of cncpts....

dont mind the socks :lol: Nike x NB collaba

Yesterday...
Your posts are the best man. I'll come in here and see all kinds of convo and questions people asking for size advice and somebody freaking cause their pair of NB1's has one outsole tread that is obtuse while the other one is acute and then I see your post. No lengthy paragraph's or math equation like statements deciphering the toe box shape of new releases. Just an on feet of some past heat and then deuces. 

Show me your ways! Been looking for these for a decent price.
ebay man! check it regularly and you'll be amazed at the deals you can find.

just saw a PADS rose 997 in 10.5 for $250 on the FB group. if anyone wants i can link you.

i'd jump on it if it were my size.. :frown:

Nice pickup on the lux goods.  I don't even particularly like the cw but I wouldn't hesitate to pick them up for retail these days to complete the set.

Whats up guys, I'm moving soon, before I take the rest of my Customs, 997 Gr's 7 CNS,Grand Tourer to a local sneaker event this weekend. If any of you are interested in a group shot of what I have left..shoot me a message. all size 10...figured I'd ask you guys first....Customs willing to sell for the low, have way too many. GR 997 as well....

Whats up guys, I'm moving soon, before I take the rest of my Customs, 997 Gr's 7 CNS,Grand Tourer to a local sneaker event this weekend. If any of you are interested in a group shot of what I have left..shoot me a message. all size 10...figured I'd ask you guys first....Customs willing to sell for the low, have way too many. GR 997 as well....

How much for these?

Every single company has slip ups like that we don't live in a utopia. If taking two minutes to poke a hole through is a problem then write a letter because I've had problems with every single company and have either returned the product or written a formal complaint. So if it bothers you enough take the time to complain to the COMPANY that made it and not on a thread. So many people in this thread wine about QC issues but a very small percent actually takes it up with NB. I guarantee if you called or emailed someone they would take care of you. New balance has great customer service, much better than asics or Nike.
I've brought this up a few times over the past year. And I've sold my remaining pairs of NB's because of the QC ******** not being properly addressed. We shouldn't have to call NB and it also shouldn't matter if other brands are making the same/similar mistakes. We have the right to be outraged after dropping 200+ on a sneaker and receiving a shoddy/sloppily make sneaker with un-punched lace holes, puffy toes, unmatched/uneven suede, glue marks, etc. A huge selling point for New Balnace is/was there quality and craftsmanship and they were employing Americans to make cool, comfy and quality sneakers. Now it feels they forgot there roots or how they got here. I see MSRPs going up and quality going down. And I see a ton of people complaining from a very small segment of society (Niketalk) & can only imagine how many are getting ****** and not putting it on the web. The reason I'm complaining is because I care, I want NB to be strong and successful. I want them to be the anti-Nike/JB, a company that stands for quality products made domestically. Maybe they need to scale things down a bit, concentrate on fundamentals. Less collabs, better quality.

Just arrived in the mail today. Beware for heads in the USA looking to receive any shipment from Japan, I knew this in the back of my mind, but I still went for this pair regardless of the duty/tariffs and taxes that would be added. I got hit with the a $81 (20% of the worth of the shoes) when USPS arrived at my door. 

Overall I'm very satisfied for a made in China shoe, though I cant compare build quality to Made in USA NB's (ornamental rather than utilitarian feeling). 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom