Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Sup fellas.

Those 997BKR look dope as hell. And I would like to add a pair that color.

Anyone have on feet pics of these?

Also can anyone speak on sizing?

I wear 7.5-8 on most sneakers. I can get by with 8.5 but I usually prefer not to. Of course that's the smallest size available.

Do these lean on the "runs big" side?

Pls respond.

If you have Instagram, you can go search the shoe (997BKR) and it will bring up whatever people have tagged them in. That's usually what I do.

i think we have the same size feet.

The BKRs run TTS or half size big (if you have narrow feet).

For reference:

Flyknit Racer - 8.5
Ultra Boost 1.0 - 8.5
Ultra Boost 2.0/3.0 - 8
NB 1500 - 8
NB 997 (non-leather lined) - 8
NB 997 (997BKR and other leather-lined 997s) - 7.5
NB 998 - 7.5

I was curious about this. I think 998s or 997s that are leather/leather liner I can do my regular size or "TTS". The 997s I got (the teal and white leather ones from Century 21, can't think of the code right now) are a 10.5 and maybe I should've gotten an 11, the same way with the 998BESP.....or I just need to break them in because they are pretty snug. It makes me wonder about the "CNS" 998. I don't know if I should risk a 10.5 or just go for my regular 11. I was able to try on 998s in a 10.5 that were suede and mesh and they were about perfect but other materials got me wondering.

I was curious about this. I think 998s or 997s that are leather/leather liner I can do my regular size or "TTS". The 997s I got (the teal and white leather ones from Century 21, can't think of the code right now) are a 10.5 and maybe I should've gotten an 11, the same way with the 998BESP.....or I just need to break them in because they are pretty snug. It makes me wonder about the "CNS" 998. I don't know if I should risk a 10.5 or just go for my regular 11. I was able to try on 998s in a 10.5 that were suede and mesh and they were about perfect but other materials got me wondering.
Never had to break in NB shoes, and i don't think you should IMO.

It should fit comfortably straight out of the box. If it doesn't I usually end up getting rid of it.

All 998s, regardless of materials, fit the same to me in terms of length.

The horween 998s fit a bit more snug due to the thicker materials, but nothing too bad that needs sizing up.

moshepark moshepark having looked at the kith website this morning to reassure myself that I want them, I'm noticing the price mentioned is $180... I've seen $160 too but now I'm confused.

@moshepark having looked at the kith website this morning to reassure myself that I want them, I'm noticing the price mentioned is $180... I've seen $160 too but now I'm confused.
Yes they appear to list them for $180 on their site, but IG says $160,  and SneakerNews is reporting $160. I'm thinking they will be $160, and maybe the blurb on the website that says $180 is a typo, or they were toying with the idea of $180 at some point, and decided more would cop at $160. Not positive, but thinking they will be $160.

Yes they appear to list them for $180 on their site, but IG says $160,  and SneakerNews is reporting $160. I'm thinking they will be $160, and maybe the blurb on the website that says $180 is a typo, or they were toying with the idea of $180 at some point, and decided more would cop at $160. Not positive, but thinking they will be $160.

Yeah that's possible, but for the actual retailer to have the typo as opposed to the websites just reporting on the retailer? Idk but $160 is preferable haha

To make things even more confusing, I still had the page up on mobile from when they tweeted it out the other day.  Here's the screen cap that shows them listed for $160, I'm sure as soon as I refresh it will show $180, and their IG says to refer to the bio link with no mention of price.  It looks like they went back and changed it to $180 at some point.  I hope that was in error/not the case, $160 was already pushing it for me with these. 

Last edited:
$180 is pretty steep IMO but it's not unprecedented either. The pricing actually makes a ton more sense. Daytona 1600s were $175 and the Brooklyn Bridge/Central Park pack retailed between $175-$185. All Asian-made. At the NB store the RF 574s were all listed as $140 in the system. I'm guessing Kith marked it up an additional $40 because of the brand name association and all that.

Hoping it's a typo for all you guys looking to cop. In the grand scheme of things it's only $20 more but then again you could always find a pair of Horweens on sale for $180 
wink.gif

Also, not sure if any of you guys have been following the all the OG NB-heads on IG (glasgowrob, thomaslindie, etc.) but they're at Flimby getting their own custom 1 of 1 1500s which is pretty awesome.

I peeped @newbalance365's 1500 and it was super dope. More pictures, please 
smile.gif

Also, not sure if any of you guys have been following the all the OG NB-heads on IG (glasgowrob, thomaslindie, etc.) but they're at Flimby getting their own custom 1 of 1 1500s which is pretty awesome.

I peeped @newbalance365
's 1500 and it was super dope. More pictures, please :smile:  

Those 991 are sick too

Gonna need a write up of how and why and what went down @newbalance365

2 in ONE DAY!!! Received 2 of the wrong shoes in one day. 

Received sz8 Knicks UB

And ordered M998CSU from ebay seller and received M997CSU... oh how one number makes a difference!! I mean I wanted these too but REALLY wanted my 998s. 

Paid 132 for them...

Expected These

Received

2 in ONE DAY!!! Received 2 of the wrong shoes in one day. 

Received sz8 Knicks UB

And ordered M998CSU from ebay seller and received M997CSU... oh how one number makes a difference!! I mean I wanted these too but REALLY wanted my 998s. 

Paid 132 for them...

Expected These

Received

Suck bit it could be worse. The 997csu are fire!

A few more recent wears...

Never had to break in NB shoes, and i don't think you should IMO.

It should fit comfortably straight out of the box.
the horween stuff you kinda have to break in. not as comfortable out of the box as regular suede/mesh

In the grand scheme of things it's only $20 more but then again you could always find a pair of Horweens on sale for $180 :wink:  

And the code doesn't work anymore......lol. A lot of things in the air for me in my personal life. Maybe the universe telling me it's not the time......or I just slacked again and waited to long

i know its a stretch but anywhere i can grab the titolo x new balance 247s?
I was bitter i missed the release and looked for resale but couldn't find any. Really wanted them as soon as they were announced and slept hard on the release.

I was bitter i missed the release and looked for resale but couldn't find any. Really wanted them as soon as they were announced and slept hard on the release.

If you're in Europe, check Chmielna20. Plenty of sizes left there. Not sure if they ship outside of Europe or what the cost is though.

If you're in Europe, check Chmielna20. Plenty of sizes left there. Not sure if they ship outside of Europe or what the cost is though.

repped appreciate it

i feel like im tripping...no US11? I found them on worldbox and they ship to the US i think but no size 11US

I peeped @newbalance365's 1500 and it was super dope. More pictures, please 
smile.gif

A couple of 991's were done as well by the looks of it. Its my hope that this is going to lead to MiUK NB1 1500's and 991's from Flimby which is surely long overdue and desired by pretty much everyone on here... 

Is an 11 your TTS? I think most people are .5 sizing down, but I grabbed .5 down and my TTS just in case. Unfortunately, neither are an 11 or 10.5, but figured I'd mention something just in case you're looking and run across a 10.5 and that actually fits you better. Mine are out for delivery, so I'll find out shortly whether .5 works...

Is an 11 your TTS? I think most people are .5 sizing down, but I grabbed .5 down and my TTS just in case. Unfortunately, neither are an 11 or 10.5, but figured I'd mention something just in case you're looking and run across a 10.5 and that actually fits you better. Mine are out for delivery, so I'll find out shortly whether .5 works...

let me know what works man. I have regular 24-7s in an 11 and they fit good. So just assumed it was the same

if anyone is looking for the 998 x nrml in sz 11 let me know, letting my pair go for retail, 320 CAD plus shipping.

I also have a size 9 NRML 998 Parliamentary Runner if anyone is looking.  Bought impulse, now looking to clear out as I've bought too much recently.

Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom