Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Rocking London Jewels to take my son to his first Yankee game today:

6234C27B-372F-4B5F-AF62-9256225CA013.jpeg

Bonus teaser on my recent pick up I mentioned above...

Some good choice of colors and sizes of M990v4's on sale hit Ebay a couple of days ago. 18 different colorways going for $75 - $130, most I checked were between $90 - $105.
Here is a link to the sellers 990v4 selection. hope somebody finds something they like.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_od...0v4.TRS0&_nkw=new+balance+m990v4&_sacat=93427
After all this time of being on the V4 hate train, I'm going to dive in and cop those 990CP4 and see what all the hype is about. This is one of the only colorways of this model that has caught my eye.

Thanks!

After all this time of being on the V4 hate train, I'm going to dive in and cop those 990CP4 and see what all the hype is about. This is one of the only colorways of this model that has caught my eye.

Thanks!
let us know how it goes. i'm considering getting a pair for running in the colder months...

I've never had a problem with Jason Markk's Repel, man.

-Drew
Have you used Repel on light grey suede? I've read a few reports of some darkening after application by some users on another forum; they may have not been using the product as directed though, I am not sure. I really need something to protect all my NB 57X, 99X and 1300's which are mostly grey or steel blue. If it does darken just slightly I could probably live with that. It rains nearly 180 days a year where I live so Repel sounds like something I should be using.

And while I am looking for product advice, does anyone here have experience with NB Essentials Cushioned socks? Are they very thick? Do they wear well? Fit? I am shoe size 13 and they have some in XL size which I have never tried. it says fits size 12-16; I am worried there maybe extra fabric which would make the toe box uncomfortable. I have a feeling the XL will be fine since all of the large socks I buy and only wash in cold water and hang to dry still end up looking like children's socks.

thanks for the help.

Is the 1530 a retro of an older silhouette or a reinterpretation of the 1500, like how we have the 997h? I don't remember seeing them until recently.

Have you used Repel on light grey suede? I've read a few reports of some darkening after application by some users on another forum; they may have not been using the product as directed though, I am not sure. I really need something to protect all my NB 57X, 99X and 1300's which are mostly grey or steel blue. If it does darken just slightly I could probably live with that. It rains nearly 180 days a year where I live so Repel sounds like something I should be using.

And while I am looking for product advice, does anyone here have experience with NB Essentials Cushioned socks? Are they very thick? Do they wear well? Fit? I am shoe size 13 and they have some in XL size which I have never tried. it says fits size 12-16; I am worried there maybe extra fabric which would make the toe box uncomfortable. I have a feeling the XL will be fine since all of the large socks I buy and only wash in cold water and hang to dry still end up looking like children's socks.

thanks for the help.

No worries at all, bro. I’m happy to be of help.

I’ve used Repel on all of my sneakers and with different colors of suede. I can’t say that I’ve used it on gray but I have definitely used it on white/off white suede before.
You should spray it evenly and in short bursts. Make sure not to saturate the sneaker. After spraying one of the sneakers, you’re going to want to dab it with a microfiber towel to remove any excess.

After you have applied the first coat, wait 24 hours and repeat with a second coat.

Once two coats have been applied, I like to take the suede brush that Jason Markk has and brush the suede.
Looks amazing after.

Hope that helps, man.

Are you located in Seattle?

-Drew

No worries at all, bro. I’m happy to be of help.

I’ve used Repel on all of my sneakers and with different colors of suede. I can’t say that I’ve used it on gray but I have definitely used it on white/off white suede before.
You should spray it evenly and in short bursts. Make sure not to saturate the sneaker. After spraying one of the sneakers, you’re going to want to dab it with a microfiber towel to remove any excess.

After you have applied the first coat, wait 24 hours and repeat with a second coat.

Once two coats have been applied, I like to take the suede brush that Jason Markk has and brush the suede.
Looks amazing after.

Hope that helps, man.

Are you located in Seattle?

-Drew
Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom