Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

To be honest with you, I was never really a fan on all black sneakers sneakers either. Maybe try using some 3m laces to make it pop a bit more?

-Drew

Funny. Thought about that possibility. I'm sure I have some spares from some of my Pharrell's.

Decided to give it a whirl. Now, granted, there are 2 issues:

1) Pharrell NMD laces are reeeaaally long.
2) I realize that having laces with 3 stripe aglets makes no sense on NB's.

That being said, kinda like the change of pace on the laces...

fullsizeoutput_1f59.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_1f57.jpeg

BD441E38-BC2F-41D5-B071-4520F935446B.jpeg

I'm sure I'll change em again soon...

Honest question time -- you guys think the grey-on-black breaks it up enough? I'm starting to think I should do white instead. With the black laces, it was just too much.

Whenever I feel that way, I just go straight for the waxed laces. The ones that came with the RF CNS 998 are almost perfect for it.

Honest question time -- you guys think the grey-on-black breaks it up enough? I'm starting to think I should do white instead. With the black laces, it was just too much.

Obviously Gus liked none of it...

I have they grey EG's and I put white laces on them and I prefer that to the grey. The reason I haven't bought the blue or black EG's is because of the complete monochromatic look of them and that I didn't think a lace swap would work with them. I still may buy a pair to wear to work as they can pass off as shoes .

I have they grey EG's and I put white laces on them and I prefer that to the grey. The reason I haven't bought the blue or black EG's is because of the complete monochromatic look of them and that I didn't think a lace swap would work with them. I still may buy a pair to wear to work as they can pass off as shoes .

Yeah the last sentence was part of the reason I grabbed the blacks. Granted, the whole hospital knows me as ‘the sneaker guy’ at this point. So I wear all kinds of shoes to work that most folks wouldn’t.

So NB Basketball sells lifestyle shoes and the lifestyle department tries to sell hiking and trail running shoes that aren’t backed by either industry. NB lifestyle has really taken a turn for the worse recently

Yeah the last sentence was part of the reason I grabbed the blacks. Granted, the whole hospital knows me as ‘the sneaker guy’ at this point. So I wear all kinds of shoes to work that most folks wouldn’t.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but are you a doctor, bro?

-Drew

Back
Top Bottom