Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

7859EBF3-5105-4CF5-BAA4-C4E4178C4B05.jpeg

Where you seeing that they are limited to 200 pairs?

I have my sources and that’s for online. God knows where the other pairs are going. Collabs are an absolute **** show now a days. Boutiques essentially have full control of branding, price and production amount. Pretty interesting how ALDs relationship is less than a year old and they can brand on an NB product already. Joe Grundle will do business with any boutique that will grease him up a little

I have my sources and that’s for online. God knows where the other pairs are going. Collabs are an absolute **** show now a days. Boutiques essentially have full control of branding, price and production amount. Pretty interesting how ALDs relationship is less than a year old and they can brand on an NB product already. Joe Grundle will do business with any boutique that will grease him up a little

Honest question... Are you an ex-NB employee?

Honest question... Are you an ex-NB employee?
Yes and know workers and have been collecting for over 10+ years. The way they have been handling releases, distributing pairs, letting boutique run the show, creating way to many absurdly limited shoes, sending false information about releases, producing way too many new shoes and creating different versions within a short period are not very good metrics to where the brand/division is headed. They are under the impression that these marketing campaigns for new shoes and creating absurdly limited collabs will win over new customers but in reality its not. GR's are hitting disco quicker than I have ever seen, product distribution has been a mess and communication has never been worse before. All of this started to happen 2-3 years ago. NB is trying to be "cool" and with that new look they are going for they are disappointing ALOT of people.

I can guarantee you once they get more look back and FP & A notices that all of these costs aren't equating to higher sales and more revenue people will get axed. I have over 60 pairs of NB and used to LOVE the brand. However the way that they have acted over the past couple of years has been very concerning. Look at their Basketball program, its been in the works for over 3 years and they have only sold a few thousand pairs, if that. At least with UA, Adidas and Nike they always have some sort of Basketball shoe available, all NB has is the Omni's. Which they release in a stupid limited quantity and then there gone.

Yes and know workers and have been collecting for over 10+ years. The way they have been handling releases, distributing pairs, letting boutique run the show, creating way to many absurdly limited shoes, sending false information about releases, producing way too many new shoes and creating different versions within a short period are not very good metrics to where the brand/division is headed. They are under the impression that these marketing campaigns for new shoes and creating absurdly limited collabs will win over new customers but in reality its not. GR's are hitting disco quicker than I have ever seen, product distribution has been a mess and communication has never been worse before. All of this started to happen 2-3 years ago. NB is trying to be "cool" and with that new look they are going for they are disappointing ALOT of people.

I can guarantee you once they get more look back and FP & A notices that all of these costs aren't equating to higher sales and more revenue people will get axed. I have over 60 pairs of NB and used to LOVE the brand. However the way that they have acted over the past couple of years has been very concerning. Look at their Basketball program, its been in the works for over 3 years and they have only sold a few thousand pairs, if that. At least with UA, Adidas and Nike they always have some sort of Basketball shoe available, all NB has is the Omni's. Which they release in a stupid limited quantity and then there gone.

I'll be 100 percent honest I hate 99 percent of your posts because they are usually negative. But I appreciate the honesty, nonetheless and it explains your point of view. Also, this post was actually quite insightful so I appreciate that as well. Repped :smile:

In for the ALD pair

big fan of the aesthetic and colors they use. the first NB release was 250 pairs for each colorway, and were somewhat easy to obtain in nyc if you went to the store early enough

I imagine these will be more difficult

Without the ALD association these things would be a bargain bin pair...

That little tag will make people who have never worn a NB shoe come out the woodwork for them lol.

Key words "for them", unfortunately for NB their collabs don't seem to have too much of a spill over effect to their GR's. really hope they don't discontinue the V2 like they did the V3

Without the ALD association these things would be a bargain bin pair...

That little tag will make people who have never worn a NB shoe come out the woodwork for them lol.
Is that a bad thing? I think exposure to new brands, artists, etc. through collaboration is often the goal of collaboration. I'm sure some old skool new balance heads got hip to ALD and started buying from them, too.

Is that a bad thing? I think exposure to new brands, artists, etc. through collaboration is often the goal of collaboration. I'm sure some old skool new balance heads got hip to ALD and started buying from them, too.

ALD is cool but incredibly overpriced for mediocre quality. In terms of exposure with collaborations is something you typically earn. See a branding on the outside of a sneaker is something that should be earned. Correct me if im wrong but NB doesn't let many collaborators do that. So to let a company that you have only worked with for less than a year and can only move hyped product and models to put their brand is a bit suspect. The head of NB lifestyle is the type of guy that would do anything for some clout or collaborate with a brand for his own personal interest. If anything their relationship with NB has pushed me away from the brand. NB's real consumer don't feed into hype and overpriced streetwear whose brand will dissolve after 3 years. They feed into consistency, honesty and quality. All of which has slipped ALOT the past 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom