Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I know I don't need to justify or defend myself but as to "why" I'm not sure something makes me really pull to this shoe but the resell price of course turned me away. I'm not a "hype beast" I own no supreme, or Kith or anything like that. I don't collect or buy any other shoes or other high end items, nothing but Newb's. I've been working my *** off took care of all my obligations and wanted to reward myself. I had been planning to go CRAZY on NB1 when it returned but seeing speculation it wouldn't be back for a year made me start itching so I said screw it and decided to dish for what I consider a dream shoe. This was definitely something out of character for me and I wouldn't pay anywhere near half what I bid on the WTAPS on any other shoes, other NB colabs included.

I also want to say I completely understand and agree with the sentiment of being willing to purchase at that price messes up the market and as for that I really have no answer. I wasn't going to be the first person to pay that much so it's not like I started a price run or anything *shrug*. As I explained above this was a one off attempt to snag a shoe that I really wanted and had no realistic shot of copping on drop.
In no way was I trying to make you feel any type of way about the purchase! I'm all for anyone/everyone doing what makes them happy. Trust me, while I can't find myself ever paying over a stack for a pair of sneakers, I have done other things that many people can't comprehend... like how I paid a stack this past weekend for a photo enlarger that is basically an antique.

As long as you're happy, who cares what anyone else has to say! Just make sure you purchase a pair of 5" baggies to go along with the NB though.

Latest pick ups. I can’t believe it took me this long to get into NBs. Better later than never I suppose.

64530A37-40EF-4ED9-B582-47E6937547ED.jpeg

A6D27906-E26B-433F-863F-93BF0ECF03D3.jpeg

AA3CDEA0-34E8-4C85-89B2-B7CEEF49C9A8.jpeg

I know somebody else here won and posted the Size? 327s. It’s my first purchase through Size?, are they usually a bit slower than your ENDs or other European retailers?

I know somebody else here won and posted the Size? 327s. It’s my first purchase through Size?, are they usually a bit slower than your ENDs or other European retailers?
I can only speak for myself (stateside), but yes, typically they are slower if/when they use economy couriers that hand off to USPS. (pre and post pandemic)

Also, you may want to follow up with them via their Twitter help account @sizehelpteam (usually the fastest to address any concerns) regarding your order, because in the past they have been pretty dismal at handling their Launches when it comes to fulfilling winning entries/cancelling pre-authorizations.

I hope it works out, but from experience with them, this is on the unusually long end to not know what's going on with your entry. Ever since they transitioned to this launch system, I've had two 'successful' entries, that were ultimately cancelled/not fulfilled and one took months to recover the funds from. Even to the point that when I posted the raffle for the 327 here, I mentioned that caveat. I stopped bothering with Sizes' raffles because of this.

For those trying, raffle is live for these via their Launches App.
436EF234-7698-416B-8F40-5B38EF568DBC.jpeg

A bit of caution: they take $$ up front (pre-auth charges), and in the past have dropped the ball returning the funds back in a timely manner. (From personal experience, as well as from others’ accounts) So, YMMV.

I can only speak for myself (stateside), but yes, typically they are slower if/when they use economy couriers that hand off to USPS. (pre and post pandemic)

Also, you may want to follow up with them via their Twitter help account @sizehelpteam (usually the fastest to address any concerns) regarding your order, because in the past they have been pretty dismal at handling their Launches when it comes to fulfilling winning entries/cancelling pre-authorizations.

I hope it works out, but from experience with them, this is on the unusually long end to not know what's going on with your entry. Ever since they transitioned to this launch system, I've had two 'successful' entries, that were ultimately cancelled/not fulfilled and one took months to recover the funds from. Even to the point that when I posted the raffle for the 327 here, I mentioned that caveat. I stopped bothering with Sizes' raffles because of this.

I second this. Definitely email them. In my experience, when you really win, the product goes out with two to three days (mine even shipped on a Sunday) and then international shipping is what it is (sometimes absurdly fast, other times...not so much). But when I “won” the raffle but didn’t actually win, it just said “processing” for a week and eventually I had to reach out to them, which yielded a stock answer about processing times being slow during covid. When I followed up again, it took about a week for someone to get back to me and let me know that they were looking into it before unceremoniously just refunding my with no explanation.

Basically, that’s just a really long way of saying that if your order doesn’t say “shipped” within a few days of your win, you’re not getting any shoes. :smh:

Well...that’s probably not a good sign. Ha. Whatever at this point. I’ll live without them if I didn’t actually “win” the raffle.

Thanks for y’all’s input. Emailed them and sent twitter messages to the customer help account.

Just picked these up for a bit under retail.

4BC2ECD6-4010-4212-A1C9-6045AE3C24B8.jpeg

The Encap is a bit yellowed, anything I should worry about? Seems to be in good shape otherwise.
Mine look the same. You should be fine.

I only have the Neon Aries pair, but I need to change that. So many fire GRs
Man I’ll be honest that’s the pair that drew me in but every 991 I’ve copped since I’ve loved.

Back
Top Bottom