Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

As someone who checks NB.co.UK a lot (I have a friend who will proxy me stuff even though the exchange rate is yeesh) this absolutely blows my mind. Seriously you check the NB UK and they have a TON of MiUSA models in different colorways as well as having a ton of MiUK models. The most MiUK models I've seen on the US site is like 6? maybe 7? What's up with that? Especially considering that the Flimby factory is clearly still able to produce shoes.

Another issue I wanted to bring up that I was curious if anyone else has. Franchised NB stores. I live in the DFW, TX area. There are SEVEN NB stores within a 45 min drive of me including 2 outlets. Seems pretty nice right? However all these stores are franchised and they all are stocked with the same stuff and almost all of that stuff is bunk(no 997's or any of the "lifestyle" models just average run of the mill runners/walkers) and almost all of the employees I've spoken to are uninformed on what is even going on with NB. I walk into a local store and ask if they happen to have any 992GR's left and am answered by the employee that the shoe has been discontinued since 2012 with no plans of returning and that I should be checking out the newest iteration of the 99x model the 990v5. That was a store manager. Does anyone else have this issue? Are corporate stores any better? It's mind boggling to me that while I understand these locations are franchised that NB doesn't seem to have a standard for their franchises or maybe just an informative video or flyer or something to send out to them to make sure these stores are in the know with what's going on as I don't feel like these locations in their current states are good representations of the brand.

Franchise stores make their money off performance and walking shoes for the geezers. I’ve never come across one that employs people with the slightest clue about the classic silhouettes. At one point the Preston center store had a small selection of 998’s but I haven’t checked back in 3+ years. Sadly, this is all DFW has for actual NB stores. You’ll have better luck finding something at Marshall’s down the street.

The other stores actually ran by NB (Boston - Boylston and HQ, NYC Flatiron etc.) actually stock a decent amount of both made in USA/UK and sometimes have employees that can hold a conversation.

a lot of people don’t realize how small of a slice NBs “lifestyle” division really is and even so old people were buying more 99x than younger guys were. If NB continued making the same numbers of the 99x that they did 5 years ago then the younger crowd wouldn’t find them cool. Everyone jumping on the 99x series seems to be due to exclusivity of the dad shoe. You would really be shocked by the amount of old people who buy 5 pairs of the same 99x every 2 years. Gonna be interesting when these old people go to outlets and all they see are 327s

AncientPinkLadybird-small.gif

a lot of people don’t realize how small of a slice NBs “lifestyle” division really is and even so old people were buying more 99x than younger guys were. If NB continued making the same numbers of the 99x that they did 5 years ago then the younger crowd wouldn’t find them cool. Everyone jumping on the 99x series seems to be due to exclusivity of the dad shoe. You would really be shocked by the amount of old people who buy 5 pairs of the same 99x every 2 years. Gonna be interesting when these old people go to outlets and all they see are 327s

True, i had a cousin make a post on Facebook the other day saying he was bout to switch from Nikes to New Balances. I didnt even comment because i wanted to see where the comments would go, and mostly everyone that commented ONLY spoke of 574s...Not one person mentioned any of the 99x series.
I wore my 997NAGS to brunch a cpl months ago and these two older ladies were like "omg i love your shoes", i told them thank you and they asked, "do you run or workout in them, are they comfortable" LOL

It's super disappointing to hear that most of these physical locations suck, doesn't seem like the best way to build the brand which they're clearly actively trying to do.

Anyone remember what time Notre is supposed to email us about our JJJJound winnings? Multiple winners from NT today I can feel it.

Side note: Idk if I was the only one but I heard news of looting going on in Chicago and was looking at pics/vids fully expecting to see some dude with like 4 of the white jjjj x NB boxes stacked on top of each other. Thankfully I don't think Notre was hit but that would have felt appropriate considering how every other drop has gone for me this year.

It's super disappointing to hear that most of these physical locations suck, doesn't seem like the best way to build the brand which they're clearly actively trying to do.

Anyone remember what time Notre is supposed to email us about our JJJJound winnings? Multiple winners from NT today I can feel it.

Side note: Idk if I was the only one but I heard news of looting going on in Chicago and was looking at pics/vids fully expecting to see some dude with like 4 of the white jjjj x NB boxes stacked on top of each other. Thankfully I don't think Notre was hit but that would have felt appropriate considering how every other drop has gone for me this year.
I believe only winners get contacted.

I believe only winners get contacted.
Did they ever specify what time though? I remember Bodega and DSMNY were both 12 ET

Hopefully Notre didn't get looted last night like most of Chicago

From my very limited understanding of Chicago and looking at maps and reading about the looting I don't believe they did.

FSR 327 Blue/Yellow**** FSR but it appears they only have one in stock in each size...

Nice. Now we need bklyn style baby bklyn style baby to drop those special links... :nthat:

Guessing they are a scrubs/medical equipment company? Kinda cool to see a collab like that. illustrayt illustrayt might be into these.

I was just about to post those! Lol

It’s a scrubs company. I’m about to order my first set soon too actually lol!

It seems NB and FIGS share a very important characteristic with their product(S), QUALITY. Though both companies charge a lot more than their competitors, you get a premium product compared to the rest, IMHO, which I’ll gladly pay for! I love the idea and collaboration, BUT I’d rather make my own when NB1 is back on line!

I’ll probably destitch their logo from some old scrubs then put them on a 997/992 NBY with similar colors to their 996 (Grey/Red) :nerd:

Last edited:
I need to start unloading some kicks that I don’t wear. Have some 1300CL size 12 if anyone is looking.

Back
Top Bottom