Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

Had a couple of friends go to the JFG event today. One was there around 3-4am and was near the front of the line. Once the day started so many people started cutting (paired with security letting people jump in at $300 a pop) that he was shuffled all the way back and wasn't able to cop until the very end of the event. Another friend got there at 7a, somehow got shuffled around (he said he overheard the people behind him were there at almost 10p) and was out by 4p. I happened to be driving by and it wasn't worth the headache.

EDIT:
Rolled into Round Two Chicago around 3p, they had about three pairs already consigned at $900 each. -fart noise-

Possible Future GOVRN Project for the M998BLD:

Not sure which sole to proceed with...

Light
New Balance 998 - BLD Light.jpg

OR

Dark
New Balance 998 - BLD Dark.jpg
I like the dark better

Had a couple of friends go to the JFG event today. One was there around 3-4am and was near the front of the line. Once the day started so many people started cutting (paired with security letting people jump in at $300 a pop) that he was shuffled all the way back and wasn't able to cop until the very end of the event. Another friend got there at 7a, somehow got shuffled around (he said he overheard the people behind him were there at almost 10p) and was out by 4p. I happened to be driving by and it wasn't worth the headache.

EDIT:
Rolled into Round Two Chicago around 3p, they had about three pairs already consigned at $900 each. -fart noise-
Real talk screw your friend - no one was getting “shuffled around” he just straight up cut. Me and so many other literally slept outside all night only have ppl like him roll out of bed and cut us - tell dude to have some respect next time.

Real talk screw your friend - no one was getting “shuffled around” he just straight up cut. Me and so many other literally slept outside all night only have ppl like him roll out of bed and cut us - tell dude to have some respect next time.

I hear you, just the messenger.

just got back from the JFG drop. Was there at 3am before Joe even announced the location. checked out at 330pm. You read that right PM. Was like 40th in line at 3am and SOOO many dicks cut the line - man I really hate these reseller kids. Ive also never been to a shoe drop where the line moved so slow.
12 hour+ campouts are the worst. Did you at least get to cop your pair? Was checking out a speedy process or did you at least have room to breathe and consider what to cop if you were copping apparel too?

12 hour+ campouts are the worst. Did you at least get to cop your pair? Was checking out a speedy process or did you at least have room to breathe and consider what to cop if you were copping apparel too?
I got a pair in my size. They shut it down at like 6pm and just turned everyone away. I had a buddy get in line at 8am, wait all day and then get turned away at 6pm. They had 7k pairs at the event and my guess is that they sold probably about 1k if that the line just moved so incredibly slow. There were only two registers with two ppl checking ppl out.

I got a pair in my size. They shut it down at like 6pm and just turned everyone away. I had a buddy get in line at 8am, wait all day and then get turned away at 6pm. They had 7k pairs at the event and my guess is that they sold probably about 1k if that the line just moved so incredibly slow. There were only two registers with two ppl checking ppl out.
Ok...to be honest that's promising. I was thinking they'd only have 300 pairs. Hmm. Hmm.

The jfg v3s are utterly whack. It's tired refrain, but they'd sit and sit and sit and sit as grs. Ugly
I actually like the JFG v3, but the resale prices are laughable. I’ll try and get them if there’s a wider release but I’m not going to pay these crazy resale prices.

just got back from the JFG drop. Was there at 3am before Joe even announced the location. checked out at 330pm. You read that right PM. Was like 40th in line at 3am and SOOO many dicks cut the line - man I really hate these reseller kids. Ive also never been to a shoe drop where the line moved so slow.

I'm surprised cities have yet to ban or make campout lines illegal as it creates a dangerous environment. I'm a major New Balance fan but mannnn.. I could never, especially at 36 years of age.

Glad I didn't go. I live a few miles away in OP and was thinking about it. Glad I didn't lol. Heard a ton of stories about kids and others cutting. I know one guy that guy a pair and he grew up with Joe. that's it.

You know those resellers went to Round 2 to sell right away.

I have never in my life seen a line successfully cut. But I haven’t camped in six years…

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom