Official NFL Free Agency + Trades vol. It's Time.

I don't claim to be Adam Schefter, Chris Mortensen or Albert Breer, but as someone who has spent the last decade in the New York sports media world I sometimes get tipped off early on some stories. This time it just happens to involve the crown jewel of this year's NFL Free Agent class, Nnamdi Asomugha.

I was told by a high level NFL source that Asomugha has a 75% chance of staying with the Oakland Raiders. The source said that Asomugha loves Raiders owner Al Davis, and hasn't forgotten how much money he has paid him over the last three years. He also added that the star corner is a Cal alum with strong California roots who leads various local charity groups.

The informant also noted that Al Davis and new head coach Hue Jackson are already arguing over the future of the team's quarterback situation. He said that Davis loves Terrelle Pryor and is willing to use a 3rd round pick in the Supplemental Draft to secure the former Ohio State signal caller. It should be noted that most analysts feel Pryor will not get selected until the 5th or 6th round of the Supplemental Draft. Jackson is said to disagree with Davis' assessment of Pryor, but we know how this movie ends.

You can catch up on the chaotic NFL rumors and gossip right here. And see our guesses on where some of the impact free agents will play in 2011.

Link

Not sure how credible this guy is but my fingers are crossed.

I don't claim to be Adam Schefter, Chris Mortensen or Albert Breer, but as someone who has spent the last decade in the New York sports media world I sometimes get tipped off early on some stories. This time it just happens to involve the crown jewel of this year's NFL Free Agent class, Nnamdi Asomugha.

I was told by a high level NFL source that Asomugha has a 75% chance of staying with the Oakland Raiders. The source said that Asomugha loves Raiders owner Al Davis, and hasn't forgotten how much money he has paid him over the last three years. He also added that the star corner is a Cal alum with strong California roots who leads various local charity groups.

The informant also noted that Al Davis and new head coach Hue Jackson are already arguing over the future of the team's quarterback situation. He said that Davis loves Terrelle Pryor and is willing to use a 3rd round pick in the Supplemental Draft to secure the former Ohio State signal caller. It should be noted that most analysts feel Pryor will not get selected until the 5th or 6th round of the Supplemental Draft. Jackson is said to disagree with Davis' assessment of Pryor, but we know how this movie ends.

You can catch up on the chaotic NFL rumors and gossip right here. And see our guesses on where some of the impact free agents will play in 2011.

Link

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

I might off myself, |Hate the abundance of steelers fans in ohio
indifferent.gif

Dude it's awful.  Majority are straight bandwagon fans, and the best excuse is "I have distant relatives in Pennsylvania"  That doesn't make you a diehard fan 
laugh.gif

Excactly and theres to many Michigan fans to smh

John Clayton - Breaking news. The Kevin Kolb trade is close to being completed. DR Cromatrie and a draft choice expected. Details coming as we get them

John Clayton - Breaking news. The Kevin Kolb trade is close to being completed. DR Cromatrie and a draft choice expected. Details coming as we get them

^^^ and dont they have to spend like 95% of that with the new CBA

Man I hope Vince Young lands somewhere nice, Detroit (stafford stays hurt) or San Fran

^^^ and dont they have to spend like 95% of that with the new CBA

Man I hope Vince Young lands somewhere nice, Detroit (stafford stays hurt) or San Fran

Originally Posted by zube42

Link

I can really believe this. I've always thought Nnamdi has been super loyal to the Bay and it's hard to see him leaving. Wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign with the Raiders (since they do have a much better situation now...)...and if not them, the 49ers would really have a chance.

If he goes to a contender, it means that the lure of winning would be what he wanted...but we'll just have to see.

Originally Posted by zube42

Link

I can really believe this. I've always thought Nnamdi has been super loyal to the Bay and it's hard to see him leaving. Wouldn't be surprised to see him re-sign with the Raiders (since they do have a much better situation now...)...and if not them, the 49ers would really have a chance.

If he goes to a contender, it means that the lure of winning would be what he wanted...but we'll just have to see.

So instead an individual should follow a team like the Bengals or Browns because they are from around that area? Why not follow a perennial winner?

So instead an individual should follow a team like the Bengals or Browns because they are from around that area? Why not follow a perennial winner?

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Trey Wingo on Twitter

"memo to Tampa Bay Bucs: free agency has started. you are 50+ milliion under the cap, with good young talent. what is the game plan?"

roll.gif
laugh.gif
At this point I'm hoping for Joseph/Richard Marshall, Jason Snelling/Michael Bush and Willie Colon. Maybe Nick Barnett. But it'll probably be Fabian Washington, Mike Hart, Jeremy Trueblood and some 3rd string offensive tackle coming off an ACL surgery. And we're going to give each of them 12 million a year.

Originally Posted by PolosandDunks

Originally Posted by Da Doc03

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Trey Wingo on Twitter

"memo to Tampa Bay Bucs: free agency has started. you are 50+ milliion under the cap, with good young talent. what is the game plan?"

roll.gif
laugh.gif
At this point I'm hoping for Joseph/Richard Marshall, Jason Snelling/Michael Bush and Willie Colon. Maybe Nick Barnett. But it'll probably be Fabian Washington, Mike Hart, Jeremy Trueblood and some 3rd string offensive tackle coming off an ACL surgery. And we're going to give each of them 12 million a year.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Bills sign WR Brad Smith, 4-yr $15 mill[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Bills sign WR Brad Smith, 4-yr $15 mill[/color]

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Obviously it's not the only reason why he'd stay.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Obviously it's not the only reason why he'd stay.

Back
Top Bottom