OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Schedule just dropped!!!

The issue to me is they coulda just drafted Penix, no need to spend that money …Then if you in “win now” with Kirk why not pick somebody that can actually play and help NOW :lol:

Just doesn’t seem like a consistent plan from management, they going half way on 2 timelines
The thing is I don’t think we win now. Like they can say that to sell some season tickets but the reality of things Kirk, a different first round pick and this current roster is not a Super Bowl roster. It’s a win the nfc south roster even without a different first pick but it’s not all in win now Super Bowl. Maybe that’s why I see it so differently I never bought into the win now stuff like that’s where this team is

It’s get to the playoffs and whatever happens, happens. You may not have the roster to be considered Super Bowl champs, but as we’ve seen, it just takes a team to get hot at the right time.

It’s get to the playoffs and whatever happens, happens. You may not have the roster to be considered Super Bowl champs, but as we’ve seen, it just takes a team to get hot at the right time.
If that happens it happens but I’m good not betting the season on let’s get to the playoffs and see what happens.

The thing is I don’t think we win now. Like they can say that to sell some season tickets but the reality of things Kirk, a different first round pick and this current roster is not a Super Bowl roster. It’s a win the nfc south roster even without a different first pick but it’s not all in win now Super Bowl. Maybe that’s why I see it so differently I never bought into the win now stuff like that’s where this team is
I think the biggest issue honestly is, what Dominique Foxworth said on his podcast, that you lose the locker room to an extent with this move.

Signing Kurt Cousins is all in move regardless how we grade how high the current ceiling is. Drafting Penix in the top 10 is a sunken cost on your presumed championship window. You don’t think Kirk can take you to the Super Bowl, however, in order to keep his job after two years, he would have to make a Super Bowl, why even sign him?

Dallas Turner, Latu, even Rome give you on field production for the next two seasons. Unlike other situations like drafting Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Love, Tommy Maddox; those teams had hit their ceiling with their incumbent starters. Kirk hasn’t even taken a single snap.

Last edited:
nobody is mad at the Penix pick, everybody would’ve been cool with Penix going 13 to the raiders.

It’s just that that taking Penix after signing Kirk makes it seem like the front office has no plan. As soon as Kirk plays badly in the first month, everybody is going to be asking about Penix.

I think the biggest issue honestly is, what Dominique Foxworth said on his podcast, thar you lose the locker room to an extent with this move.

Signing Kurt Cousins is all in move regardless how we grade how high the current ceiling is. Drafting Penix in the top 10th is a sunken cost on your presumed championship window. If you don’t think Kirk can take you to the Super Bowl, however, in order to keep his job after two years, he would have to make a Super Bowl, why even sign him?

Dallas Turner, Latu even Rome give you on field production for the next two seasons. Unlike other situations like drafting Patrick Mahomes, Jordan Love, Tommy Maddox; those teams had hit their ceiling with their incumbent starters. Kirk hasn’t even taken a single snap.

That’s on the coaches to keep the locker room together and I think it’s worth signing him even without lofty expectations because it buys you time. Kirk a competent qb in this league. If he does what he’s supposed to it buys Penix time. Imagine we don’t sign him and we have Ridder still and tryin to tell people that’s who Penix gonna set behind before he ready that’s how you lose a locker room and support from fans tryin to sell something like that.

Kirk may not have taken a snap for the falcons but he’s taken plenty in the nfl we know who he is we know where he is at this point in his career. He may not have hit his ceiling with the falcons hit his ceiling in the league and I don’t get why we should ignore that and not be proactive with our future at qb

Last edited:
You don’t give 100 mil to a bridge QB
Well we did it is what it is not my money. All I know is he just need to be competent for a couple years and hopefully Penix develops the way he supposed to I care much more about that.

Daniel jones out here wit 4 years 160. It’s a lot worse ways to spend money in this league.

Well we did it is what it is not my money. All I know is he just need to be competent for a couple years and hopefully Penix develops the way he supposed to I care much more about that.

Daniel jones out here wit 4 years 160. It’s a lot worse ways to spend money in this league.
2 years… to develop a 24 year old QB when most 1st rounders play significant time in their rookie season at 21-22?

2 years… to develop a 24 year old QB when most 1st rounders play significant time in their rookie season at 21-22?
And how many first round rookie QBs hit the ground running? Some excel doing that plenty flame out. That’s not a promised path either. At least you can buy a rookie qb time by not throwing him to the wolves you may not guarantee he gonna do better but you got more control over the situation and that’s all you can ask. His age don’t bother me at all if he’s a franchise QB for us in 8 years no one gonna be going damn he 30 now. The only thing that matters if fostering an environment for him to be great and be the franchise. If that happens none of this matters. It’s on his talent and the coaches now.

Cmon bro lol. Signing Kirk to that contract and subsequently drafting Penix at 8 was stupid. Point blank.

So what's the Falcons best case scenario? Kirk plays well, deserving of that monster contract, and Penix never playing? Or Kirk being garbage, not living up to his huge contract, and Penix taking over?? I don't care about yall at all, I'm happy you let us get Rome lol

So what's the Falcons best case scenario? Kirk plays well, deserving of that monster contract, and Penix never playing? Or Kirk being garbage, not living up to his huge contract, and Penix taking over?? I don't care about yall at all, I'm happy you let us get Rome lol
Best case scenario Kurt is competent to good for two years we move on and penix takes the reigns and solidifies himself as the franchise.

What gets said if the NFL pulls a first round pick for tampering with Kirk?

Still all good?

100 mil
Loss of pick
Top 10 pick on a 24 year old that's gonna sit 2ish years?

I think that this post sums up the fact that the process wasn’t good.

What gets said if the NFL pulls a first round pick for tampering with Kirk?

Still all good?

100 mil
Loss of pick
Top 10 pick on a 24 year old that's gonna sit 2ish years?
I’m already assuming that draft pick is gone cause Kirk opened his mouth. That being said does not change how I view this there’s much worse ways to use a top 10 pick I’ve watched them do it recently this ain’t anywhere near as bad as that Pitts pick. His age does not matter to me all that matters is he becomes great which given his talent I have no reason to suspect he won’t be.

I think that this post sums up the fact that the process wasn’t good.

The process may not be good by what people think teams should do I’m not even arguing that of course a part of it is is a gamble and if it don’t work you lose your job but that’s the NFL. All I’m saying is people acting like it makes no sense at all or there’s no way this works is wild overblown. It’s people out here calling this one of the worst and dumbest picks of all time like we didn’t just see 3 firsts get traded for Trey Lance.

The process may not be good by what people think teams should do I’m not even arguing that of course a part of it is is a gamble and if it don’t work you lose your job but that’s the NFL. All I’m saying is people acting like it makes no sense at all or there’s no way this works is wild overblown. It’s people out here calling this one of the worst and dumbest picks of all time like we didn’t just see 3 firsts get traded for Trey Lance.
The process for Lance was good though. The result was bad. I definitely care more bout process than results when it comes to putting together teams because who knows if it ends up working out.

The process for Lance was good though. The result was bad. I definitely care more bout process than results when it comes to putting together teams because who knows if it ends up working out.
Trust me I think good process matters a lot because you’re controlling as much as you can and you can rest your hat on that because you did what you were supposed to. I just don’t see how this process is that much worse than the Trey Lance once. I get why they did what they did to get Lance to see if they could get a game changing franchise QB because that’s the most valuable thing in this league so much so they took a swing on a dude who was more of a concept than a proven college talent.

We drafted Penix for the same reason and I also think it’s good process to not throw a rookie qb to the fire if you don’t have to and fortunately we don’t have to.

The only pick we might lose is cause of a tampering charge.

Back
Top Bottom