OFFICIAL NFL OFFSZN THREAD 2023-24: Vol: Draft Night!!!

Higgins and Aiyuk pretty much even
Agree to disagree.

Higgins is not considered a #1 doesn’t have a/multiple Pro bowls or All-Pros like JJ, CeeDee, Chase, St. Brown or Ayuik.

The convos around Higgins are just forecasts that he could be a #1. He hasn’t done it yet.

He’s super nice though. I just don’t think he’ll command the bread the others have or are going to.

Agree to disagree.

Higgins is not considered a #1 doesn’t have a/multiple Pro bowls or All-Pros like JJ, CeeDee, Chase, St. Brown or Ayuik.

The convos around Higgins are just forecasts that he could be a #1. He hasn’t done it yet.

He’s super nice though. I just don’t think he’ll command the bread the others have or are going to.

Both got 2 1k yrd seasons. Both of their career high in catches is 74-78. Targets basically even too. Only real difference is Tee got hurt and Aiyuk is coming off his best year.

Tee was also a monster that year they made the Superbowl.

Didn’t say what category any of the guys are in other than being eligible to get paid

Dude has 2 seasons over a thousand yards
You didn’t

But you also didn’t name let’s say Chase Claypool who’s also a F.A. :lol:

Which clearly communicates a grouping of players based on talent and/or perceived market value.

I’ll say it again. He’s super nice. But at this current juncture I don’t think he’s getting a St. Brown level deal.

I don’t think that’s crazy to say.

Doubt the bengals are the ones who end up paying dude

But if he gets traded and then signed, that’s going specifically screw those teams who haven’t got their guys

Hell, waddle is eligible for an extension too

Both got 2 1k yrd seasons. Both of their career high in catches is 74-78. Targets basically even too. Only real difference is Tee got hurt and Aiyuk is coming off his best year.
An All Pro year. And is a clear cut #1 receiver in an offense with many mouths to feed.

Higgins is a high end, injury prone #2. Who has potential to be a #1.

I

Agree to disagree.

Higgins is a victim of circumstance. Prior to this year he was viewed as a bonafide WR1 for any other team that didn’t have a JJ, Chase, Tyreek...

You didn’t

But you also didn’t name let’s say Chase Claypool who’s also a F.A. :lol:

Which clearly communicates a grouping of players based on talent and/or perceived market value.

I’ll say it again. He’s super nice. But at this current juncture I don’t think he’s getting a St. Brown level deal.

I don’t think that’s crazy to say.

Within the group of guys I’ve named, I’d argue there are different categories

Top 1, top 5, top 10, top 15, top 20

But all those guys are under contract and eligible for extensions.. the market will affect them all.. it’s just how much over $20 he’s getting

An All Pro year. And is a clear cut #1 receiver in an offense with many mouths to feed.

Higgins is a high end, injury prone #2. Who has potential to be a #1.

I

Is he clear cut though? Deebo was the #1 a couple years ago. CMac had 83 targets and just as many TD's as Aiyuk, Kittle had 90 targets. 9ers offense ain't built around Aiyuk, it's a collective.

Like Justin Jefferson is the Vikes offense. Tyreek, Ceedee, those are clear cut #1's.

Is he clear cut though? Deebo was the #1 a couple years ago. CMac had 83 targets and just as many TD's as Aiyuk, Kittle had 90 targets. 9ers offense ain't built around Aiyuk, it's a collective.

Like Justin Jefferson is the Vikes offense. Tyreek, Ceedee, those are clear cut #1's.
I’d argue Ayuik is and has been the top Niners receiver for 2 years now. He’s the top RECEIVING threat in our offense. Most times someone got doubled or bracketed last season it was Ayuik. And that’s what left everyone else butt naked open.

Deebo was our #1 offensive weapon. He had nice receiving yards but what made him special was the running ability. CMAC is our #1 offensive weapon now but is not as much of a receiving threat as Ayuik.

I’m also not putting Ayuik in the same exact tier with the names you mentioned.

With the big names that are up for a pay day I’d rank it like this.

1. JJ
2a.Ceedee
2b. Chase
3. Ayuik
Higgins is 4 but I don’t think a GM is gonna give him what St. Brown just got and what the 4 we’ve been talking about are going to get.

JJ, chase and ceedee are going all use whatever the last highest deal as their base

Waddle is going be interesting as hell.. aiyuk probably asks for near 30

But for higgins, with multiple guys at or over 30, he’s getting something in the 20s

JJ, chase and ceedee are going all use whatever the last highest deal as their base

Waddle is going be interesting as hell.. aiyuk probably asks for near 30

But for higgins, with multiple guys at or over 30, he’s getting something in the 20s
So we’re saying the same thing? :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom