Official NFL Playoff Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Sports & Training' started by 651akathepaul, Dec 15, 2009.

1. 651akathepaul

651akathepaul

Break it down.

(x) - Clinched playoff berth.
    (y) - Division winner
    (z) - First-round bye.
    (*) - Clinched home-field advantage. Who's in:

Colts (yz*)
    Saints (yz) - Clinches home-field throughout with win and Minnesota loss.
    Vikings (x) - Wins NFC North with win.

NFC picture:

1. Saints (13-0, First NFC South) - Clinches home-field throughout with win and Minnesota loss.
    2. Vikings (11-2, First NFC North) - Clinches North with win or GB loss. Clinches first-round bye with a win and Philadelphia loss.
    3. Philadelphia (9-4, First in NFC East) - Clinches playoff berth with win and Giants loss or a win and Cowboys win.
    4. Arizona (8-5 First in NFC West) - Clinches West with win and SF loss.
    5. Green Bay (9-4, Second in NFC North) - Clinches playoff berth with a win and Dallas loss or a win and NY Giants loss.
    6. Dallas (8-5, Second in NFC East)

Outside looking in: Giants (7-6), 49ers (6-7), Falcons (6-7)

Teams eliminated from race: Detroit, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Washington, Chicago.

AFC Picture:

1. Colts (13-0, first AFC South)
    2. Chargers (10-3, First in AFC West) - Clinch playoff berth with win or Broncos loss
    3. Cincinnati (9-4, First in AFC North) - Clinch AFC North with win or Ravens loss
    4. Patriots (8-5, First in AFC East)
    5. Broncos (8-5 Second in AFC West)
    6. Jaguars (7-6, Second in AFC South)

Outside looking in: Ravens (7-6), Jets (7-6), Dolphins (7-6)

Teams eliminated from race: Cleveland, Kansas City, Oakland.

Who's hot:

Saints & Colts - Until someone knocks these juggernauts off, the teams will remain unexposed. The question at this point is to rest or not to rest and takea stab at perfection?

Philadelphia - 4 in a row and the offense is impressing.

Green Bay - I think they are flying so far under the radar that people barely know they're there. This team is dangerous.

Chargers - The perennial strong finishers are at it again in December and are poised to carry this over into January. Offense is on fire and the defense isstout. Can they be stopped?

Who's not:

Cowboys - Fans need not to blame Romo for this teams past and present woes in December. Romo is actually playing well. Mr. Wade Phillips is the problem and ison his way out no matter what.

Giants - The "ah, shucks" mannerisms of Eli have carried over to this entire team. They don't look good at all.

Patriots - Moss' attitude and Brady's apparent battle to get back to form are two keys issues that only Belichick can solve and handle with gusto. Bethat it is the Patriots, Belichick is still the coach, and Brady still the QB, I'll give them a pass until the playoffs start to see where this team reallyis at.

Others:

Cardinals - So inconsistent, but I won't let that fool me again. This team has the firepower to make another run. It'll be interesting to see what theydo in the playoffs.

Vikings - Will the real Brett Favre please stand up? I want this as bad as anyone, and the only way this team reaches the SB is if Favre leads them there. Oh,and hold that ball AP, that will hurt us in the playoffs. Vikings and their fans have been in this place before, and the only thing I've learned is thatthey choke just before the end. What's this teams story?

Bengals - They're a fun story, but I don't get excited about this teams chances against anyone in the AFC playoffs.

Broncos - They can be good. The onus lies solely on their defense though, but is it good enough to go anywhere in the playoffs?

Jaguars - This team has impressed in the playoffs before, and not much has changed. Can they get hot just in time to be this years true blue wild card?

Add your thoughts...

2. fraij da 5 11

fraij da 5 11

Carrying our 5 game win streak into mid december with struggling Steelers and on/off Cards team coming up should keep us in the #5 seed in the NFC. [​IMG]

3. h3at23

h3at23

Jaguars are not (8-5). They're 7-6 courtesy of the Miami Dolphins

4. curtiscarter23

curtiscarter23

make it easier... Saint vs. Colts= Superbowl

5. cedric ceballos 1995 lakers

cedric ceballos 1995 lakers Banned

i will say this and if im wrong correct me, but i'm almost certain the 49ers would have the tiebreaker over the giants and cowboys because they would havea better conference record if they win out since 3 of their losses were to afc teams while dallas lost 2 games to afc teams and played all their afc teamsalready and the giants lost 2 games to afc teams as well and both played all their afc teams already which means they lost more in conference games then the49ers did.

i hope im right about this because it's giving me a small amount of hope lol.

6. h3at23

h3at23

We have a winner

/thread

7. h3at23

h3at23

Yeah, if it's a tie and your 9ers have more wins against nfc teams, 9ers own the tie breaker

8. cedric ceballos 1995 lakers

cedric ceballos 1995 lakers Banned

sweet, only thing that sucks is that if they tie with atlanta then atlanta has the tiebreaker over the 49ers but im almost certain if its a 3 or 4 waytie between the 49ers, falcons, cowboys, and giants then it will go down to conference record again. eh these tiebreakers are difficult lol

9. 651akathepaul

651akathepaul

Thanks.

10. mustbetheshoe58

mustbetheshoe58

i want the 49ers to get in the playoffs..they're a good team imo

11. imasoleman18

imasoleman18

about sums it up

12. airbrooklyn

airbrooklyn

Cowboys out, NY in after week 17.

13. curtiscarter23

curtiscarter23

It seems like no matter how big the blunder the saints find a way to make up for it! That seperates good from championship caliber teams. theyvewon every way possible... Blowouts, close games, comebacks, running the ball, throwing the ball, good defense, special teams, etc. ANDDDDDD they have drewbrees!

The colts have lost a couple key guys on D and it doesnt seem to matter as long as freeney and mathis are in! They have peyton manning, Wayne, clark, andgarcon and collie have stepped up nicely.

14. jmause3

jmause3

15. fro b giant

fro b giant

I love how everyone is saying Colts V Saints in Superbowl. It's not gonna happen. Every year this happens, talk about the two teams with thebest record going to the super bowl and what happens??? Not that, that's what. It never ends up that way and with the way the Saint give up points andcan't play defense they will not make it long in the playoffs. Mark the words people, there will not be a Saints V Colts super bowl.

16. reasonablyill89

reasonablyill89 Banned

Maybe not the Saints but I do have Colts going.

17. youngmoney

youngmoney

Clinching Scenarios

AFC

CLINCHED: Indianapolis - AFC South and home-field advantage throughout AFC playoffs

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS
    San Diego clinches AFC West division title with:

1) DEN loss OR
    2) SD win or tie + DEN tie

San Diego clinches a first-round bye with:

1) SD win + DEN loss or tie + NE loss or tie

San Diego clinches a playoff spot with:

1) SD win or tie OR
    2) NE loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + MIA loss or tie OR
    3) NE loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie OR
    4) MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie OR
    5) MIA loss or tie + NYJ loss or tie + JAC loss or tie OR
    6) MIA loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + JAC loss or tie OR
    7) NYJ loss or tie + BAL loss or tie + JAC loss or tie

CINCINNATI BENGALS
    Cincinnati clinches AFC North division title with:

1) CIN win OR
    2) CIN tie + BAL loss or tie OR
    3) BAL loss

Cincinnati clinches a playoff spot with:

1) CIN tie + MIA loss + NYJ loss + JAC loss

NFC

CLINCHED: New Orleans - NFC South and a first-round bye
    Minnesota - playoff spot

NEW ORLEANS SAINTS
    New Orleans clinches home-field advantage throughout NFC playoffs with:

1) NO win + MIN loss or tie OR
    2) NO tie + MIN loss

MINNESOTA VIKINGS
    Minnesota clinches NFC North division title with:

1) MIN win OR
    2) MIN tie + GB loss or tie OR
    3) GB loss

Minnesota clinches a first-round bye with:

1) MIN win + PHI loss or tie OR
    2) MIN tie + GB loss or tie + PHI loss

ARIZONA CARDINALS
    Arizona clinches NFC West division title with:

1) ARI win + SF loss or tie OR
    2) ARI tie + SF loss

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Philadelphia clinches a playoff spot with:

1) PHI win or tie + NYG loss or tie OR
    2) PHI win + DAL win or tie

GREEN BAY PACKERS
    Green Bay clinches a playoff spot with:

1) GB win + DAL loss OR
    2) GB win + NYG loss or tie OR
    3) GB tie + NYG loss

18. ezeblazin

ezeblazin

Why is it that you include the 49ers and Falcons, who are 2 games back of the NFC wildcard... yet you completely ignored the Steelers, Titans and Texans, whoare only one game back in the AFC?