Official NFL Season Thread Vol. 11'

The regional section has been very quiet but are we going to pretend football isn't back and the Skins are back at it...

Any predictions on the season or thoughts of current moves? Loading up on WR, peace to McNabb and Haynesworth, etc

Do they even know what they are doing. I think the skins' could of gotten a bit more with the trades...

a 5th round pick in 2013? cmon...

Same nonsense, different day. Trading to get rid of the headches and getting nothing back. They have to realize if they want to be a successful organization as far as winning and not just financial wise. They need to commit to a Coach, his system, his long term goals and then they will win. Every few years they try to buy a championship by spending money and when they do not get instant results they jump to the next thing. Sorry for the rant,just frustrated with my team.

Rant on man... think that's the feeling for most fans. My poor nephew has no choice but to be a Skins fan or else he'll be disowned but the kid only being 14yrs young has never experienced a winning season. I think the only way to bring real change is to stop supporting financially at some point no buying merchandise, sell out stadiums etc... once they begin losing $ they'll get serious! I dunno just adding on to your rant.

Last seasons we loaded up on running backs, this year on WR, why? I don't know... they traded McNabb for a quarter water and a pack of juicy fruit gum, we could've at least ask for Trident!

Originally Posted by tactusjack

Same nonsense, different day. Trading to get rid of the headches WE PAID HEAVILY and getting nothing back.
Fixed.

Use the line quoted, and its the Washington Bullets in mid 80s to 90s revisted.

And I still don't understand our draft.  We let the Giants -- a division rival -- take a player in the 1st round we should have blocked them from obtaining.

I'd be sice if we can match last year's win total, but its looking jive suspect.

They never hold leverage in the trades though... Everyone knew we were cutting McNabb if we couldn't find a trade partner for him. So getting two 6's was what I see as a victory (can't compare what we gave up to get him to what we got in return) Now as far as Haynesworth, we got the shaft on that deal. If I'm a team and NE calls I'm not even answering. They always low ball offer other teams for their malcontents and bring them into their structured organization for them to flourish. I wouldn't have made a deal with them if for nothing other than to not look like a fool if he pans out. (which I feel he won't by the way - doesn't fit system)

eyes of hazel wrote:

And I still don't understand our draft.  We let the Giants -- a division rival -- take a player in the 1st round we should have blocked them from obtaining.

I'd be sice if we can match last year's win total, but its looking jive suspect.

Explain bolded statement please. Are you saying we should have taken Amukamara just so the Giants didn't get to draft him? If so, while I can say he is a great CB prospect (a position we could use help at with Rogers being a FA) , drafting him over players at other positions of a more pressing need is something our Skins with our current roster couldn't afford to do IMO.

Amukamara is gonna cause havoc on the Skins, I'm predicting both games this year as a rookie.

Thus, I saw him as not only a need, but a massive upgrade to our "vet" CBs... Add all that with the fact that we could have prevented a division team from getting him as well.

May its just be me, but it added to the recent "goof-ups" of this team IMO...

EOH,
I agree that Prince is a dogg. I honestly had him damn near even with Peterson which most wouldn't go as far as to say that. 

1a.Peterson

1b. Amukamara

He would have been a heck of an addition to our secondary. But I think part of why our secondary was so bad was because of the awful play of the front seven. I think that was the more pressing need. 

Now what I don't understand is Josh Wilson. Just like I didn't understand the Barnes pick. Hell I don't know why any UMD DB has made the league in the last decade. They are local so I've seem them play since we were in HS and was just never impressed. Hopefully they will prove me wrong.

Listening to the radio seems like most fans believe the Skins are just setting things up for next season and bank on getting Luck. Who knows? Also with the bunch of WR, folks believe most will get cut or are just being used so the current QBs fighting for a job can get enough reps. Again, I'm no expert... at this point I look forward to the season, always a Skins fan but I'm not excited. At least our defense looks decent and supposedly come Saturday we can still see some major moves being made. Still wish we kept McNabb... Smh.

Luck 2012 anyone
30t6p3b.gif

man i canceled my nfl sunday ticket the other day, and i'm glad now. seriously what the hell are we doing? each year it makes it harder and harder to be a fan. I think that hitting up their wallets will help change things.

Not too happy with what we've been doing this free agency, letting fat albert and Donovan go for basically nothing. Dont understand the Stallworth signing especially when they couldve made a play for Sidney Rice (never been sold on Moss as a number 1 receiver)....Why no play for Young either? Hes a winning QB, are we seriously gonna place faith in Beck??
indifferent.gif
....Good to know Im not the only one who thought passing on Prince was a big mistake lol
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

but shannahan is a douche tho

he did that as an insult and it's gonna bite ya'll in the *@$ ..

Haynesworth is gonna beast out with Wilfork on the line as well and Ya'll play them ( I smell single game sack record )

and can ya'll make this an NFL thread atleast?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BossPlaya0625

Not too happy with what we've been doing this free agency, letting fat albert and Donovan go for basically nothing. Dont understand the Stallworth signing especially when they couldve made a play for Sidney Rice (never been sold on Moss as a number 1 receiver)....Why no play for Young either? Hes a winning QB, are we seriously gonna place faith in Beck??
indifferent.gif
....Good to know Im not the only one who thought passing on Prince was a big mistake lol
30t6p3b.gif

shanahans dont believe in black qbs,and all star caliber players

I don't have us winning more than 2 divisional games.  NONE on the road.

We going 4-12. 

5-11 if we lucky.

Not sure how bad or how good the 49ers are going to be this year.  If we truly are that bad this year as long we get Andrew Luck next year than everyhing will be okay. 

I was at Fed Ex yesterday for the Manchester and Barcelona game, Fed Ex really looks different with all those seats that the ******** took out (10,000) because of declining season ticket sales.  Either way things aren't looking to good for the Skins in the division, they seem to be content on other teams just passing them by.   

This reminds me of Boston tanking the season in advance, hoping for Duncan.

We all see how that turned out........................................................................

and they really think our ground game is going to work with ryan torain and tim hightower?

Its a joke. The rest of the league are stacking up primetime players in key positions and essential role players and backups and the ******** are on some nonsense.

Im still tryin to figure out who Jeff Beck is. How come we couldnt get Matt Hasselback, Vince Young, Tavaris Jackson, Marc Bulger even JaMarcus Russel. C'mon ********. Everything else is straight besides our RB and QB situation.
Jeff Beck and Rex Grossman. FOH.

Back
Top Bottom